Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Aussie Mock 3.0

Round 1: Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers

excellent route running and sure hands.
Doesn't play with a top talent QB but still produces good numbers.
Can be used in all areas of the field from the short to deep pass.
Will be an asset in improving our red zone efficiency.
Very good Blocker. (Kubiack will love this guy does everything he likes has size good blocker, versatile and has good intangibles)

Round 2: Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin

Everyone knows about this guy.
I still think he drops due to the amount of good o-lineman coming out this year

Round 3: Kendall Reyes DE Connecticut

Have had this guys in all the mocks i have done.
Coming in at 300 pounds will fit perfectly into the rotation on the D-line.
Will play predominately at DE but if needed can play at NT as well.
Has a good motor and never quits even in pursuit.
His been voted captain last 2 years and seems to have excellent leadership.
(Does this guy sound familiar or what, wade will be banging the table for this guy)

can never have enough DE in the 3-4

Round 4: Dominique Hamilton NT Missouri

Comes in at 6-5 305. some reports have him at 320. even if he is 305 he has long arms and a body that could put on some weight.

Mainly a run stuffer but has potential to pass rushing skills.
I saw a game of his down here and he didn't jump out of the screen but he was definitely somehow who intrigued me.
Considering there isn't much for NT this year i think he pretty good value here.
Playing in the East West shrine game so keep an eye on him
All-Big 12 Conference Honorable Mention for the 2011 college football season.

Round 5: Kellen Moore QB Boise State

Yes the texans are going QB in the 5th again.
Lienart will be getting to much cash for a 3rd stringer
One word describes Moore....WINNER.
He completed 74 percent of his passes for 3,734 yards with 43 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 2011

Round 6: Marquis Maze WR Alabama
Last burner available in the draft.
Will suit playing in the slot as a quick and elusive receiver.
Has retuning skills also which kubiack loves.

Round 7: Adrian Robinson OLB Temple
Has full array of pass rushing moves
has good speed and size.
will help out on special teams because of his good tacking technique

Well designed mock draft. Good explanations. Need by numbers, 1 WR, 2 OG, 3 DE, 4 DT, 5 QB, 6 WR/Ret, 7 OLB.

I like picks 1, 2, 3, and 6. I'm not familiar with #4 Hamilton, does he have some quickness to be a pass rusher? I'm not sure about Moore in the 5th, I've read some Senior Bowl reports that say his arm is weak, to much air under his passes, but in the 5th I guess that's to be expected. I'm not familiar with Robinson but an OLB in the 7th to play special teams isn't bad. Overall good mock, I really like those first 3 picks.

Hamilton has deceptive quickness. his fairly athletic but i would say he has potential to grow into a pass rusher then what he showing at the moment. definitely his strength is as a run stopper though. with proper coaching he could be a decent pass rusher.

Moore i picked mainly because his a winner. think tebow, he sucks donkey tail but he managers to win games. obviously moore is a better "QB" then tebow but he definitely lacks arm strength. He'll probably be a career back up but as a 3rd stringer i'd be pretty happy with that. completion rate of 74% is pretty damn good no matter who your playing against.

Round 1: Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers

excellent route running and sure hands.
Doesn't play with a top talent QB but still produces good numbers.
Can be used in all areas of the field from the short to deep pass.
Will be an asset in improving our red zone efficiency.
Very good Blocker. (Kubiack will love this guy does everything he likes has size good blocker, versatile and has good intangibles)

Round 2: Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin

Everyone knows about this guy.
I still think he drops due to the amount of good o-lineman coming out this year

Round 3: Kendall Reyes DE Connecticut

Have had this guys in all the mocks i have done.
Coming in at 300 pounds will fit perfectly into the rotation on the D-line.
Will play predominately at DE but if needed can play at NT as well.
Has a good motor and never quits even in pursuit.
His been voted captain last 2 years and seems to have excellent leadership.
(Does this guy sound familiar or what, wade will be banging the table for this guy)

can never have enough DE in the 3-4

Round 4: Dominique Hamilton NT Missouri

Comes in at 6-5 305. some reports have him at 320. even if he is 305 he has long arms and a body that could put on some weight.

Mainly a run stuffer but has potential to pass rushing skills.
I saw a game of his down here and he didn't jump out of the screen but he was definitely somehow who intrigued me.
Considering there isn't much for NT this year i think he pretty good value here.
Playing in the East West shrine game so keep an eye on him
All-Big 12 Conference Honorable Mention for the 2011 college football season.

Round 5: Kellen Moore QB Boise State

Yes the texans are going QB in the 5th again.
Lienart will be getting to much cash for a 3rd stringer
One word describes Moore....WINNER.
He completed 74 percent of his passes for 3,734 yards with 43 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 2011

Round 6: Marquis Maze WR Alabama
Last burner available in the draft.
Will suit playing in the slot as a quick and elusive receiver.
Has retuning skills also which kubiack loves.

Round 7: Adrian Robinson OLB Temple
Has full array of pass rushing moves
has good speed and size.
will help out on special teams because of his good tacking technique

I'm down with Sanu, Zietler and Maze. Reyes seems like a poor man's Earl Mitchell, I think either grabbing a better NT here or a CB would be a better choice. Kellen Moore is a throw away pick. Need to read up on Robinson in the 7th.

I'm down with Sanu, Zietler and Maze. Reyes seems like a poor man's Earl Mitchell, I think either grabbing a better NT here or a CB would be a better choice. Kellen Moore is a throw away pick. Need to read up on Robinson in the 7th.

who would you take in the 3rd for the NT position. because i couldn't find any better that had better value then Hamilton in the 4th possibly 5th.

i didn't think of going CB because we have enough mid round players and we are fairly decent at the position. the only way i would go CB is for one of the studs who are top 20 talent that would make a clear difference to the team

Only pick I don't like is Kellen Moore. He's a lefty, and I know it's superficial, but I don't want to deal with switching blindsides and pass protections for a lefty. In the 5th round, you could pick a QB just as good that's a righty, like Keenum, Wilson or Thomas if he falls.

Thoughtful mock and addresses needs in priorities I agree with for most part. I am not a Sanu guy as everytime I watched he reminded me of Jeff Fuller (2011 model not 2010). If he were drafted by Texans I think 2nd round would calm my screams a bit.

Thoughtful mock and addresses needs in priorities I agree with for most part. I am not a Sanu guy as everytime I watched he reminded me of Jeff Fuller (2011 model not 2010). If he were drafted by Texans I think 2nd round would calm my screams a bit.

I'm really high on sanu. its strange how that happens.
what don't you like about him??

who would you take in the 3rd for the NT position. because i couldn't find any better that had better value then Hamilton in the 4th possibly 5th.

i didn't think of going CB because we have enough mid round players and we are fairly decent at the position. the only way i would go CB is for one of the studs who are top 20 talent that would make a clear difference to the team

Nicolas Jean-Baptiste from Baylor is one to watch in the mid rounds. I just don't like Reyes, I think he's maxed out already. I understand not picking up another mid round CB, perhaps a S though.

3rd round NT's I'd be looking at.

Kawann Short-DT from Purdue, might be available
Marcus Forston-DT from Miami, depending on injury concerns.
Tydreke Powell-DT from UNC
Sylvester Williams-DT from UNC
Mike Martin-DT from Michigan
Delvin Johnson-NT from Marshall, maybe a little early for him.

Back