Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

At this point who do we get in the Draft

Scottyboy

Waterboy
With the #8 pick in the draft, the Houston Texans select......

LaRon Landry, S, LSU

Woooo Wywahaheeeeaahhhh :dance2: :drool: :elmo: :yahoo:

Whats ya'lls guess??

You know when a player gets pimped as much as LaRon Landry has been on these boards it usually turns out we don't draft him. Remember Sean Taylor, Derrick Johnson, Reggie Bush, and Vince Young. I like him but it seems everyone is jumping on the Landry bandwagon.

I would take Leon Hall.

see sig.

But every Texans draft has surprised me, so I will go in another direction that many people are not talking about

Leon Hall

I'm right there with you on Laron Landry. I think he'd be fantastic for our D. He's the playmaker that we need.

I'd take an Ed Reed over a McGahee wouldn't you?

I think D should be the pick.

Peterson is a short lived NFL player. Brady is a probable NFL bust.

Landry will be a star. Even Reggie Nelson will turn out well I think.

I'm right there with you on Laron Landry. I think he'd be fantastic for our D. He's the playmaker that we need.

I'd take an Ed Reed over a McGahee wouldn't you?

I think D should be the pick.

Peterson is a short lived NFL player. Brady is a probable NFL bust.

Landry will be a star. Even Reggie Nelson will turn out well I think.

What leads you to believe so?

Landry or AP. if they're gone and the "top 4" guys aren't around. i trade 8 away. no one else is worth it.

Players that I wouldn't mind us taking at 8 or would like us to...

Adrian Peterson
Brady Quinn

Levi Brown

Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Amobi Okoye
Alan Branch
Laron Landry
Leon Hall

Bolded would be my top 6 in no particular order. If we take any of those guys I'll be a happy camper. I'd take peterson over all of them though.

I don't want to see us take Quinn (not sold on his talent), and could live without Peterson if he's already gone...

That leaves LaRon Landry (the consensus on this message board and a big help to our secondary) or Levi Brown (we NEED an anchor on our O-line... stop ignoring this). In the case of Brown, we might even be able to move down a couple spots (I haven't heard much on the 'Fins wanting Brown, and nothing on the Falcons wanting him) and get an extra pick or two. Perhaps it's a pipe dream... but that's my two cents.

Back