Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Arian Foster and the handcuff

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
Saturday was my draft. I picked him at at #3 overall and I grabbed Ben Tate in the 14th round for the handcuff.

I wasn't even worried when Kubes said Ward was gonna be the #2. I figured Ward would get the start and Tate would get the results. Then today happened....

Did anyone else freak out when Foster tweeted his MRI? Does anyone else have all 3 Texans RB's on their roster now?

:wadepalm:

Tate struggled in blocking and blitz pick up a bit so I'd bet we see Ward more than Tate if Foster can't go. Ward has proven he can block when it gets hot.

Tate struggled in blocking and blitz pick up a bit so I'd bet we see Ward more than Tate if Foster can't go. Ward has proven he can block when it gets hot.

Yup, Kubiak wont play a back that can't pick up the blitz. He also tends to trust vets more than rooks no matter what.

Sage advice in the above posts.

But, I think Tate is the guy to own in fantasy leagues. If the stars align I could see Tate being this years Arian, Ward I just don't see with that high of a ceiling.

Most likely though, either Arian leads the league in rushing again or we have a RBBC and you will never know who to start.

Yup, Kubiak wont play a back that can't pick up the blitz. He also tends to trust vets more than rooks no matter what.

If Slaton's healthy enough to play against the Vikes tomorrow, it will be interesting to see if a decent to good performance convinces Kubiak to keep 4 RB's on the roster - even if it might only be for a few weeks.

I'm going with Tate, he looked flashy in the preseason and I think he will get the long runs. Ward may get the start, but between the two of them, I would expect Tate to get the points. I expect it to be 50/50 in the carries split, and Tate to do more with it than Ward, but it's still a tough choice. I'm not starting both of them though, I have too many other good options. If Foster is out for an extended period of time, I think Tate will take the #1 role over Ward.

Seems like it's a bad year for RBs in general. I wasn't too impressed with the draft selection after the 4th round.

Seems like the days of the stud RBs are over at least for now.

If Slaton's healthy enough to play against the Vikes tomorrow, it will be interesting to see if a decent to good performance convinces Kubiak to keep 4 RB's on the roster - even if it might only be for a few weeks.

With Foster's hamstring, it would only make sense to keep Slaton.. a true handcuff.

Like you said, at least for a few weeks, until the trade deadline, to make sure Foster is okay.

I was talking about his hammy with a friend at work this morning. Foster is on my FF team, my friend has Tate. I told him even though it would hurt my fantasy team in the short run, I would rather Foster didn't play week 1 or week 2, just to make sure he will be good for the rest of the season.

glad you scooped up Tate in the late rounds. I did the same and its paying dividends! I have him and Peyton Hillis for my RBs.

Back