Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Are you guys calling KUBIAK a liar?

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
I keep hearing all of these comments on who did what with the draft. Go listen to the interviews and statements of the interviews and its abudently clear who made the calls. It was Kubiak and no one else on the staff. He loved Mario his choice, he spoke very highly of the young man from Alabama his choice, he spoke highly of the young man from Wisconsin his choice, and yet people keep saying someone else was making the choices. You guys are flat out wrong on this.

Kubiak is the decision maker on this ball club and he tells that flat out to you if you listen to and read the interviews. He had nothing but glowing praise for all of the picks. He went on an on about them and was emphatic about how good their character was. He, McNair and Casserly are on the same page. Some of you can't understand why we overlooked certain people. The answer is that CHARACTER is a big issue with KUBIAK and McNair. They are not knowingly going to take someone with character issues. Bush's world unraveled because of this.

They won't say it, but its in every interview they do. Almost every interview they talk about someone's character and how good a person they are in addition to their football skills. How many different ways do you have to say it and how many different times do you have to say it, character is an issue with this ball club. Once again these are KUBIAK's picks whether you believe it or not.

I totally agree that this was a Kubiak decision with McNair approval. However, I think they are lying when they say they had Mario rated higher than Bush on the board - at least prior to late last week.

eltoro said:
I totally agree that this was a Kubiak decision with McNair approval. However, I think they are lying when they say they had Mario rated higher than Bush on the board - at least prior to late last week.

Really, so no where did you ever find anyone pushing the notion that came to fruition? You were totally blind sided?

Well said, Ibar. I agree, in every interview that I've heard so far, Kubiak is making it clear that these were his choices.

People want to slam Casserly or McNair, but it is misguided. Either believe in the coach or not. You're free to agree or disagree with his decisions. Either way does not make you a 'bad' or 'good' fan.

But at the end of the day, the team taking the field will be representative of what Kubiak wants out there from the players available to him.

I believe in our new HC until reality forces me to think otherwise. As it is now, we only have our own choices between optimism and pessimism, because this is unchartered territory.

eltoro said:

I will disagree with you on that one. I think the press gave us a lot of information that points to that, but if you listen to Kubiak and others who talk about it, you will find it was Kubiak from the get go who wanted Mario. You might be right that others had to be convinced and when things began popping up about Bush, it tipped the scales to Mario.

I'm also talking about the other choices that people keep thinking are Casserly's or whoever. They are not, they are Kubiaks. Its time to move on to other subjects.

Kaiser Toro said:
Really, so no where did you ever find anyone pushing the notion that came to fruition? You were totally blind sided?

I absolutely believe that they had Bush higher early last week. However, for whatever reason(s), they changed their minds. That is totally a football decision and their choice.

eltoro said:
I absolutely believe that they had Bush higher early last week. However, for whatever reason(s), they changed their minds. That is totally a football decision and their choice.

It is my opinion that football decisions of this magnitude are not made in the flippant way that you are suggesting.

I guess when you start drafting the way the Patriots do it just doesn't seem very wise or glorious. :confused: NE hated the Seymour pick until they started winning SB's with him as their defensive anchor. And look where all their high character team players got them. Yeah we messed up. :stirpot:

Kaiser Toro said:
It is my opinion that football decisions of this magnitude are not made in the flippant way that you are suggesting.

I don't remember stating that it was a "flippant" decision. Whether it was character, talent, needs, etc. - I simply believe they changed their minds on who to take last week. As long as the coach believes it is the right move, you have to believe he did so for the right reason(s).

Nod - Ibar

Bottom line - Kubes wants "TEAM FIRST" guys to work with. Thats the way he learned to coach w/Shanahan and why him and Mcnair are a good fit. They both want guys who will work with the staff and team over the long haul - not "ME FIRST" playahs like several others were in this draft including Bush.

I look at Pitt, NE and Denver as model franchises for what we want to eventually become. I think Kubes & Co are on the right track.

Liar is such a strong word, let's say he has bent the truth rather largely! I will forever believe this was behind McNair and his fear that the Bush "scandal" would blow up in his face! Kubiak like his job, I'm sure he wants to keep it!

Swisher posted this in another link, but it verifies what I have been saying.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=88233

Kubiak is basically calling the shots. Yes, and as I have always said Casserly asks and gets what his HC's want. This is a wonderful affirmation of what I have been saying.

Now we should be talking about how its all going to come together and how we are going to make the playoffs. Goooo Texans

Ibar_Harry said:
Swisher posted this in another link, but it verifies what I have been saying.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=88233

Kubiak is basically calling the shots. Yes, and as I have always said Casserly asks and gets what his HC's want. This is a wonderful affirmation of what I have been saying.

Now we should be talking about how its all going to come together and how we are going to make the playoffs. Goooo Texans

So with this all being said should we be in such a hurry to fire Casserley?

Becasue I don't think so, I didn't last year and after this year's draft (yes I know it's early) I definitly don't think so.

The Preacher said:
I guess when you start drafting the way the Patriots do it just doesn't seem very wise or glorious. :confused: NE hated the Seymour pick until they started winning SB's with him as their defensive anchor. And look where all their high character team players got them. Yeah we messed up. :stirpot:

2005 - logan mankins, OG (32)
2004 - vince wilfork, DT (21)
2003 - ty warren, DT (13)
2002 - daniel graham, TE (21) ... we'll count him as the 6th O-lineman
2001 - richard seymore, DE (6)

as the only real dynasty of the salary cap era, i think these guys might be on to something by drafting ugly and building a team from the lines outwards.

Hoth-Boy said:
So with this all being said should we be in such a hurry to fire Casserley?

Becasue I don't think so, I didn't last year and after this year's draft (yes I know it's early) I definitly don't think so.

I've said that McNair should give him a contract extension and a raise before the draft. That will make a lot of people cough their cookies, but he has done an outstanding job under very difficult conditions. These 3 make a very good combination of decision makers (McNair, Kubiak, Casserly).

U4ikrob said:
Nod - Ibar
Bottom line - Kubes wants "TEAM FIRST" guys to work with. Thats the way he learned to coach w/Shanahan and why him and Mcnair are a good fit. They both want guys who will work with the staff and team over the long haul - not "ME FIRST" playahs like several others were in this draft including Bush.
OK U4, I think you're on to something here.
The kind of incredible investment the Texans would and will make in the top pick, IMO they could have reservations about a guy who might make his celebrity a higher priority than his contribution to his team. The only thing
is, Bush did not have that kind of rep at SoCal, he was a team guy by all
indications ? But going pro, everything then changes and maybe the Texans
had some problems in this area ?

nunusguy said:
The kind of incredible investment the Texans would and will make in the top pick, IMO they could have reservations about a guy who might make his celebrity a higher priority than his contribution to his team. The only thing

I was as fully aboard the Reggie wagon as anyone here, but I have been getting a vibe from him lately that has left a bad taste in my mouth.
I may be just percieving things in a way that makes me feel 'not so bad' about us passing on him, but I have a feeling that RB may end up with a rep as a guy who's not what he was thought to be.

nunusguy said:

I think a good indication of this is that in NY it was Linert and Young hanging around together, not Bush and Linert.

Back