Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Are We For Certain That Bush Is Even Coming Out?

The Dream

All Pro
I was listening to 610 this morning, and they said that Reggie Bush is still trying to decide if he should come out or stay another year at USC.......one of the reasons he might fear not coming out is, because the Texans have yet to sign Carr back, so that means they may be looking to draft VY....if they draft VY, there might be a chance that Reggie could end up in N.O.........A week ago I was for sure Reggie was coming out, but he's making me wonder since he hasn't declared himself yet.

The Dream said:
I was listening to 610 this morning, and they said that Reggie Bush is still trying to decide if he should come out or stay another year at USC.......one of the reasons he might fear not coming out is, because the Texans have yet to sign Carr back, so that means they may be looking to draft VY....if they draft VY, there might be a chance that Reggie could end up in N.O.........A week ago I was for sure Reggie was coming out, but he's making me wonder since he hasn't declared himself yet.

I hope he is coming out...I am looking forward to seeing him in our back field...

He's going to come out because USC is going to lose a lot of players this year to the draft.

We haven't extended David's contract yet because we don't have to until February 2nd. McNair could invest that $8 million cash in the time being and make a bit of a return before giving the $8 million to David.

Then again how many people at USC do you think is actually close enough to reggie bush to know if he's coming out or not. The people that are probably wouldnt say so.

Quote:
January 10, 2006

USC REPORT
Bush Meets With Agent and Carroll
By Gary Klein, Times Staff Writer

Running back Reggie Bush met with Coach Pete Carroll and a prominent agent for about an hour on campus Monday, but the Heisman Trophy winner said he still had not decided whether he would turn pro.

Bush, a junior who is regarded as the possible top pick in the NFL draft, met with David Dunn, who negotiated Heisman winner Carson Palmer's contract when the former USC quarterback was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals with the top pick in 2003. Carroll, Trojan running backs coach Todd McNair and Jayice Pearson, a former NFL player who is Bush's cousin, also attended the meeting at Heritage Hall.

Players have until Sunday to declare for the April draft.

"I'm still trying to figure everything out and put everything in perspective before I make my decision," Bush said after the meeting.

Bush said the meeting with Dunn would be his last with agents, but he emphasized that he had not chosen who would represent him if he turns pro.

"I'm far from making my decision," he said.

Dunn, who was accompanied by several associates, declined to comment.

While cognizant of the deadline, Bush said there was no timetable for an announcement about his plans.

"I've just got to be 100% sure of what I'm going to do before I make my decision," he said. "That could be as early as [today] or it could take as long as up to the end of the week, or until Sunday, the actual day."

Running back LenDale White, offensive linemen Winston Justice and Fred Matua, flanker Steve Smith and safety Darnell Bing are other draft-eligible USC juniors.

After an afternoon team meeting, Carroll said White had left him a phone message, but that he had not spoken to him Monday. White said last week he would announce his decision Thursday.

Justice said he was "still up in the air" and that he planned to meet with Carroll. Matua also said he was undecided. "It would take a lot for me to leave this university," he said.

Smith said the NFL had evaluated him as a possible third-round pick and that he would talk to his family about a possible decision on Monday night.

Bing did not attend the team meeting, but Carroll said he would meet with him this afternoon

I'm also looking forward to seeing Reggie Bush playing for the Texans but I'm no longer thinking it's a forgone conclusion. He's hesitating and I can certainly understand why. The prospect of playing for New Orleans isn't exactly a great NFL plan. They're lousy, they've always been lousy, and they'll always be lousy. I'd dodge them if I were Reggie Bush and I'd do it without apology. It's not his fault that New Orleans has a terrible NFL team that nobody in their right mind would want to play for.

It's an irrevocable decision. All players should take their time while making it.

Wait a second! I get it now!

This is all part of a carefully orchestrated plan to secure not only Reggie Bush but also Vince Young. The Texans will take Young in the draft with the #1 pick. Bush will dawdle around and miss the deadline or he'll say he's going back to school. Then he'll sign with an agent or something and petition to enter the supplemental draft where Houston again has the first shot at him. We're going to use this years #1 and next years #1 both to secure the two of them.

Everybody happy now?

Obviously I'm kidding. It's not going to happen and I don't really care if everybody is happy or not.

Hervoyel said:
I'm also looking forward to seeing Reggie Bush playing for the Texans but I'm no longer thinking it's a forgone conclusion. He's hesitating and I can certainly understand why. The prospect of playing for New Orleans isn't exactly a great NFL plan. They're lousy, they've always been lousy, and they'll always be lousy. I'd dodge them if I were Reggie Bush and I'd do it without apology. It's not his fault that New Orleans has a terrible NFL team that nobody in their right mind would want to play for.

It is a shame...NOLA is a great city...with passionate fans...Tom Benson should sell the team!!

Hervoyel said:
As long as Tom Benson owns the Saints, they will always be lousy!

The problem is, though, New Orleans could still be a bottom dweller next year. So he could end up there regardless, and he just spent another year making nothing and probably struggling with a USC team that is in the process of reloading.

His draft value is about as high as it's going to get right now. Winning the Heisman, playing on a national powerhouse for years, and being in great physical shape (no current injuries) is his best time to make a break for the NFL.

I think once Bush declares, Carr will get the option.

My thinking is that the Texans are just being cautious about giving Carr the option since Bush hasn't declared.

Forgot to answer the question for the thread.

No, we're not sure Bush is coming out. We think it's very likely he will however......but no....not even he is for certain.

titan hater said:
It is a shame...NOLA is a great city...with passionate fans...Tom Benson should sell the team!!

Does anyone have Benson's phone number? I'd like to offer him $1000 to buy the Saints straight up, then I'd move the team to L.A.

Tic-Tock-Tic-Tock.

Does anyone know where his heart/head is at the moment? He is probably still getting over his 1st USC loss experience.

He can play here while the debate will continue to rage, play for N.O., or go back to school as the #1 pick next year and maybe get drafted by a west coast team. I'm not saying he's not coming out, but dude has an area code on his cheek. I'm sick of debating about a guy who has not declared yet and who played with a guy who won the Heisman and stayed...

he is coming out for sure, I'm confident that the powers at be will draft the almighty Reggie and I can see him run out the Texans tunnel next season

He has two losses. They lost to Cal 2 years ago.

I don't think he is staying. There is too much risk in him staying next year. They aren't going to be as good because they are losing several players to the draft including LenDale White, Matt Leinart, Dominique Byrd, and Winston Justice. He will have to carry the ball much more next year and probably be more of the focal point of the offense which means more chances for injury just like Adrian Peterson next year. He is also not guaranteed to go to a West Coast team next year or that he will be the #1 pick. You are also going to have Adrian Peterson and Brady Quinn who are entering the draft next year, which means that he could fall just like his teammate Matt Leinart. And if he doesn't want to go to New Orleans, well what if they have the #1 pick next year?

tulexan said:
He has two losses. They lost to Cal 2 years ago.

I don't think he is staying. There is too much risk in him staying next year. They aren't going to be as good because they are losing several players to the draft including LenDale White, Matt Leinart, Dominique Byrd, and Winston Justice. He will have to carry the ball much more next year and probably be more of the focal point of the offense which means more chances for injury just like Adrian Peterson next year. He is also not guaranteed to go to a West Coast team next year or that he will be the #1 pick. You are also going to have Adrian Peterson and Brady Quinn who are entering the draft next year, which means that he could fall just like his teammate Matt Leinart. And if he doesn't want to go to New Orleans, well what if they have the #1 pick next year?

I agree with most of this which is why I think he is coming out as well, but the fact is we are all still waiting. Plus I'm not familiar enough with Pete Carrol to know what he might be saying...or what he could possibly say for that matter. The sooner we hear something the better...

Most likely he will come out BUT if he decides to stay another year, what does that do for the Texans? Will they try to find another back in the draft or will they try to snag up Ricky Williams cheap? I guess if Reggie does not come out then we will definately have some NFL Draft drama this year:excited:

He is just playing the PR game. Will he or won't he??? He will, but he is going to make us wait. Vince stole some of his thunder and he is trying to regain it!

Back