Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

"Anthony Weaver is our best defensive lineman"

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
"To people in the business who know, he was probably the No. 1 free-agent D-line acquisition in the NFL over the winter.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4096143.html
If we got the best vet FA D-lineman and the best college D-lineman in the 2006 Draft, we should have a basis for a very solid D-Line.
I dunno, but should we be concerned aboot their size ? We may field a D-Line
that averages under 290 lbs.

nunusguy said:
"To people in the business who know, he was probably the No. 1 free-agent D-line acquisition in the NFL over the winter.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4096143.html
If we got the best vet FA D-lineman and the best college D-lineman in the 2006 Draft, we should have a basis for a very solid D-Line.
I dunno, but should we be concerned aboot their size ? We may field a D-Line
that averages under 290 lbs.

The Colts will be fielding a DLine that average about 250 lbs. We will actually have a very big Dline for a 4-3. The great thing is that the rotation will allow a lot of flexibility. For instance, on a running down, we could have Weaver and Mario on the edges with Payne and Robaire on the interior. Meanwhile, on a clear passing down, we could have Peek and Babin on the edges and Mario and Weaver in the middle.

It's going to be an entertaining season!

No doubt about it, this D-Line has to the potential to be very nasty, for the first time. Walker was older and all talk, and I think he was a cancer on the Defense. WIth SRobaire mith's nasty streak, Weaver's high motor, and the addition of a D-End stud in Williams, the 4th guy can be our version of Carolina's Brenson Buckner, just make a few plays, and don't mess anything else up. This front four is going to be really good and we have a alot of depth. My only concern is the back 7. We hace a decent set of LB's, but no clear cut starters yet, and the secondary looks like a MASH unit right now. Let's just hope we get healthy, so we can see what this team can really do on the defensive side of the ball.

dalemurphy said:
The Colts will be fielding a DLine that average about 250 lbs.
That small ? I've heard reports that the Colts would start Mathis and play him as an every-down D-Lineman. He'd been at 'bout 235 in the past, but figured
he'd bulk up some because of his expanded role, but IMO he is still awfully risky to have on the field on rushing plays.
But if the Colts average only 'bout 250, they are gonna have some pretty small tackles. Their weakside end Feeney is what 260-265 ?
If anybody can jump up on Indy with a lead, hold it, and run the ball, the Colts D will be in big trouble IMO.

pittbull said:
WIth SRobaire mith's nasty streak...

I just wanna know how fast you have to type to accidentally get the "S" in Smith in front of Robaire. :)

You know somebody's gonna say that with Weaver, Babin, and Peek that DE wasn't a need in the draft. All I can say is we got ourselves a D-Line. :redtowel:

This team is going to be good. I can feel it. This time last year I was feeling less than optimistic. Now, I really feel like Kubiak will have this team ready to win more games than they lose....

nunusguy said:
That small ? I've heard reports that the Colts would start Mathis and play him as an every-down D-Lineman. He'd been at 'bout 235 in the past, but figured
he'd bulk up some because of his expanded role, but IMO he is still awfully risky to have on the field on rushing plays.
But if the Colts average only 'bout 250, they are gonna have some pretty small tackles. Their weakside end Feeney is what 260-265 ?
If anybody can jump up on Indy with a lead, hold it, and run the ball, the Colts D will be in big trouble IMO.

They certainly will have an eeny, teeny, tweeny, Freeney D-line.:shots:

I think our d-line will be one of our huge strengths. Weaver and MW will make everyone elevate their game, and we'll start seeing the beginning of a dominant line that will be the foundation for a great D for years to come.

I'm stoked! Seeing our defenders penetrate the backfield and disrupt the offenses rhythm is one of the most exciting aspects of football, IMO. I know a lot of people focus on big offensive plays (which I understand), but watching an awesome defense is truly a sight to behold.

Double Barrel said:
I'm stoked! Seeing our defenders penetrate the backfield and disrupt the offenses rhythm is one of the most exciting aspects of football, IMO. I know a lot of people focus on big offensive plays (which I understand), but watching an awesome defense is truly a sight to behold.

Lord knows we have seen the opposite of that over the last 4 years.

Be nice to give a little payback to the rest of the league.:taz: :redtowel:

Back