Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Andre & the Hall Of Fame

NFL Network/Generations had AJ and Mike Evans doing a session today. One of the film clips was AJ beating the F out of innegan... was awesome to see again

I was lucky enough to be at that game. That was so epic! AJ was so out of character, but man, it was so satisfying to see against that Titans jackass. lol

Another fond sports memory was the first Texans playoff game with one of my sons. We were on the side of the stadium where JJ got a pick 6 and AJ scored his first postseason TD. My son still talks about that game, because the stadium was vibrating from the crowd noise.

f the best cornerbacks in league history, one of the all-time sack leaders and a linebacker who frustrated some of the game's best quarterbacks on his way to multiple 100-tackle seasons.

Cornerbacks Ronde Barber and Darrelle Revis, outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware and linebacker Zach Thomas were all selected for enshrinement, as was tackle Joe Thomas, a 10-time Pro Bowl selection with the Cleveland Browns.

It marks the first time since the league's AFL-NFL merger in 1970 that four of the maximum five slots in a modern-era class have been defensive players. In 2021, three of the modern-era enshrinees were defensive players (LeRoy Butler, Richard Seymour and Bryant Young) and the fourth defensive player in the class -- Sam Mills -- had been a seniors committee finalist.
***https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...e-lead-defense-centric-pro-football-hof-class
Damn Andre failed a second time to make it into the HOF !
What are they gonna give him the Tony Baselli treatment where he has to wait until he's almost 50 years old before he's admitted into the HOF ?
I dunno but I'd bet there's so much politics in this process.

I argued with infantrycak many years ago that AJ would not be a first ballot HoF'er and would probably have to wait.

I don't like that I was right about it, but it didn't take a crystal ball to predict an on-going trend.

Hopefully better luck next year. Sucks that such an amazing talent was wasted on an expansion team.

I argued with infantrycak many years ago that AJ would not be a first ballot HoF'er and would probably have to wait.

I don't like that I was right about it, but it didn't take a crystal ball to predict an on-going trend.

Hopefully better luck next year. Sucks that such an amazing talent was wasted on an expansion team.

OK. So now we know whose fault it is. Who has the torches and pitchforks?

Next year's first-time eligibles..

DE Julius Peppers
TE Antonio Gates
S Eric Berry
DT Haloti Ngata
WR Brandon Marshall
RB Jamaal Charles
QB Andrew Luck
WR Doug Baldwin
WR Jordy Nelson
K Sebastian Janikowski
DT Kyle Williams

I'm thinking only Peppers, Gates, and Ngata will likely get through as first-ballots. That's gonna leave some room.

Hasn’t it always been tough for WRs to get in, especially first ballot? I don’t really think I’m being biased here but Andre should have been first ballot. I mean this guy did nothing but produce, with pretty much garbage at QB. With the exception of good Schaub years.
I think that in and of itself should put him in. I was lucky enough to be at his 3 most memorable games (for me anyway), the first game I went to, he set the record for receiving yards in a game for the Texans. Something like 215, against the titans. Then the Finnegan game. Then the OT game against the Jags where he scored the game winner on the WR screen. I remember that vividly because he scored it to my end zone!
he was incredible that day!
he will get in, but I really believe he should be in already!

Hasn’t it always been tough for WRs to get in, especially first ballot? I don’t really think I’m being biased here but Andre should have been first ballot. I mean this guy did nothing but produce, with pretty much garbage at QB. With the exception of good Schaub years.
I think that in and of itself should put him in. I was lucky enough to be at his 3 most memorable games (for me anyway), the first game I went to, he set the record for receiving yards in a game for the Texans. Something like 215, against the titans. Then the Finnegan game. Then the OT game against the Jags where he scored the game winner on the WR screen. I remember that vividly because he scored it to my end zone!
he was incredible that day!
he will get in, but I really believe he should be in already!

There's been a pretty ridiculous logjam at WR for the HoF for a while now. And given the current tide of the game towards such bananas passing/receiving numbers that shouldn't lessen anytime soon.

Headed into next year Andre will be lined up with the following at his position..

Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Doug Baldwin
Reggie Wayne
Steve Smith
Torry Holt
Hines Ward
Anquan Boldin

Now I'll take Dre over every one of them all day every day, but that's still a lot of great resumes to have to juggle.

As much as I might think he's a shoe-in it's not really a shocker that he's not first ballot all things considered.

Every Hall of Fame seems to want to completely discredit itself lately it seems.

Andre Johnson is the best non-Jerry Rice, non-Randy Moss wide receive I've ever seen. Perfect balance of size, speed, route running, intelligence, work ethic, motor, athleticism, durability, performance and humility. And I'd even take him over Moss just due to my personal preferences.

Whattajoke.

There's been a pretty ridiculous logjam at WR for the HoF for a while now. And given the current tide of the game towards such bananas passing/receiving numbers that shouldn't lessen anytime soon.

Headed into next year Andre will be lined up with the following at his position..

Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Doug Baldwin
Reggie Wayne
Steve Smith
Torry Holt
Hines Ward
Anquan Boldin

Now I'll take Dre over every one of them all day every day, but that's still a lot of great resumes to have to juggle.

As much as I might think he's a shoe-in it's not really a shocker that he's not first ballot all things considered.
I find it hard to even put most of this list in the conversation alongside of AJ. He was better than all of them and mostly contemporary also.

It worries me that over the next few years there are going to be a lot of WRs coming up for eligibility who will have bigger numbers, much more flashy personalities, and silverware who have played on better teams with more favourable rules and it will become difficult to overlook them, despite them not necessarily being better.

The above link has the men who were voted the players of the decade of the 1990s in the NFL and about 8 or 9 of them have not been and now safe to say will never be in the NFL HOF.
I don't get that ?
OBTW Tony Bosseli is on that all-decades list and he became an inactive in 2002 but did finally make the HOF last year, i.e., he had a 20 year wait so relax AJ, it may be awhile.
Actually JJ Watt may get into the HOF before you do fella.

This game I remember for some reason more vividly than others. AJ put that team on his back and took them as far as he could. He made amazing catches not shown in the highlights. Just hammering away.

This though is the ultimate highlight:

At 1:40 is the throw Schaub makes to AJ and he plows through three different Cardinals players.

Yes, the 2004 Vikings game was my favorite Andre Johnson game and over the years I've grown to believe it was one of the more underrated forgotten/overlooked great gems of the 2000's decade as far as regular season games go. I've seen a lot of lesser games get brought up from that same season recently and that one is totally forgotten(if it was ever even known about at all, they way undersold the game on the national highlights that weekend, little to no coverage).

As a tape collector it has become like a holy grail of mine to find it complete. It's nuts that a game that recent cant be found, I still have hope after all I finanlly got my hands on the 2002 Steelers/Aaron Glenn full game on a facebook group a couple years ago(it was on a Steelers fan site). Maybe it will turn up.

This game I remember for some reason more vividly than others. AJ put that team on his back and took them as far as he could. He made amazing catches not shown in the highlights. Just hammering away.

This though is the ultimate highlight:

At 1:40 is the throw Schaub makes to AJ and he plows through three different Cardinals players.

That play against the Cards is my favorite of AJ's, I think my second favorite is when he dragged two Bears players from like the 8 yard line to score right in front of my seats. It was the year that the roof was broken and was open all season, it rained inside NRG that day during the game. One of the coolest experiences I have ever had at a game.

In recent years WR has been the toughest position to get in it was sort of surprising to me that Megatron got in so fast.

It took Cris Carter 3 rounds to get in..So i knew AJ wasn’t getting in the 1st time around.

There’s a logjam at the position and there are at least 2-3 other guys who are at least as deserving of getting in before or with AJ.

it was always gonna be a waiting game for him to get in…but i’ve no doubt he will get in.

Reactions: JB
Back