Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

AJ doing a little smack talkin to Finnegan

Luv_ya_blue

Truth, Love, Faith & Obedience - Christianity 101
I apologize if this has already been around...and I'm sure that it has. I just haven't seen it and it's worth watchin' a couple more times, imo.

Never pictured Andre as much of a smack talker.

http://youtu.be/pcy3-QcKaC4

Not much...just 17 seconds of Dre abusing Finnegan. Sure wish it was longer.

The only thing that could have made yesterday's win better would have ben AJ torching Finnegan and talking trash afterwards. Next time!

Wow. Thanks for posting that.

I've actually only seen the NFL Films version which edits the exchange just before the "I'm going to tear your ass up" part----which is the best part for any Texans fan.

http://youtu.be/FP4RH3Ns4t0

Highlights from 2010 season, for AJ.

How many of these would've been touchdowns if Schaubie could've hit AJ in stride!?!?!

Wow...he's a beast!

That is a good watch. Just to touch on what you said about Schaub hitting him in stride. Schaub's arm has been talked about a lot here and so i went back to see how far those passes went from when it left his hand to when Dre caught them. There was only one pass of 50 yards and several for 45, and some of those were in stride but most Dre had to slow down for because it is pretty clear that is the limit to how far he can get it down the field. What I thought was interesting was that as many of those were made on the run as they were where he had time to set up and really let it go. And for the most part they were pretty accurate either way. Also they had a LOT of hang time bc Schaub had to air them out, but most of the passes under 40 were on a line and very well thrown. So I personally like his arm and how he delivers the ball, but I just wanted to share what I took from the video...other than Andre's sheer awesomeness.

That is a good watch. Just to touch on what you said about Schaub hitting him in stride. Schaub's arm has been talked about a lot here and so i went back to see how far those passes went from when it left his hand to when Dre caught them. There was only one pass of 50 yards and several for 45, and some of those were in stride but most Dre had to slow down for because it is pretty clear that is the limit to how far he can get it down the field. What I thought was interesting was that as many of those were made on the run as they were where he had time to set up and really let it go. And for the most part they were pretty accurate either way. Also they had a LOT of hang time bc Schaub had to air them out, but most of the passes under 40 were on a line and very well thrown. So I personally like his arm and how he delivers the ball, but I just wanted to share what I took from the video...other than Andre's sheer awesomeness.

I didn't watch this particular video closely, but I've watched Schaub too many times to count--to know that he has his hot & cold moments of depth and accuracy. I don't want to derail this thread's focus--Andre's sheer awesomeness! So I'll just say that there are a lot of NFL QBs that don't have the strongest arms or the greatest accuracy, and that's what makes them average. I'd say Schaub is a 7 on the 10 scale...but that's all he'll probably ever be. Too many times receivers have to slow down, stop, or even come back to the ball once he's "let loose" when he's not under pressure.

But hey...we beat the fire outta the Tacks this week...life is good!
:chickendance:

aj-beatdown-em-png.png

http://youtu.be/FP4RH3Ns4t0

Highlights from 2010 season, for AJ.

How many of these would've been touchdowns if Schaubie could've hit AJ in stride!?!?!

Wow...he's a beast!

Great Video, I counted 7 that should have been thrown better. I think one was a TD, but I counted it anyway.

It also shows Matt making some plays a few times, escaping pressure, resetting and unloading. One of those passes, he was standing on our 25 & threw it to the other 25, so he's got a range of 50 yards.

I understand everyone has their limitations but to be great, you've got to make the most of those limitations. If he would just get around quicker on those naked boots, 50 yards is more than enough.

He also made some good throws on the run, he needs to do more of that.

Great Video, I counted 7 that should have been thrown better. I think one was a TD, but I counted it anyway.

It also shows Matt making some plays a few times, escaping pressure, resetting and unloading. One of those passes, he was standing on our 25 & threw it to the other 25, so he's got a range of 50 yards.

I understand everyone has their limitations but to be great, you've got to make the most of those limitations. If he would just get around quicker on those naked boots, 50 yards is more than enough.

He also made some good throws on the run, he needs to do more of that.

I think that the play action is one of the most UNDER-utilized things in our arsenal. It is masterful to watch that play action and naked bootleg.

I think that the play action is one of the most UNDER-utilized things in our arsenal. It is masterful to watch that play action and naked bootleg.

Just imagine if he worked the play action like Manning, the way he extends the ball... a little exageration, where the defense is looking at that ball & they can't resist.....

I think Matt's been pretty sloppy with it this year, it's out of shear fear of Arian that it's been working so well.
:koolaid:

Just imagine if he worked the play action like Manning, the way he extends the ball... a little exageration, where the defense is looking at that ball & they can't resist.....

I think Matt's been pretty sloppy with it this year, it's out of shear fear of Arian that it's been working so well.
:koolaid:

WTF games are you two watching? Play action is the heart of our offense and Schaub is one of the best in the league at selling it.

I thought I was pretty clear.

Yup, I clearly expressed my opinion there.

Didn't ask if your opinion was clearly expressed. It was. And it was just wrong. Schaub has one of the best play action fakes going. It is one of the strong points which would be listed about him. There is a reason he can run a play action, roll and hit a wide open Dreesen or Foster and it is because the D has bought into the run. That isn't all fear of the RB. That is also salesmanship by both QB and RB. The little exaggeration you are looking for would downgrade him. D's see QB's who oversell the hand-off. It has to look the same and then be hidden well. Schaub does that.

I think the bootleg itself, or at least a roll-out kept holding the Offense back against the Raiders and the Ravens when they were getting pressure. When the pocket collapses, you adapt your offense, the Texans didn't.

AJ could have rings right now if he wasn't so loyal to the Texans. I truly believe this to be true.

Dude will have his number retired, and they should cast his image in bronze riding one of those legless cows in front of Reliant.

I just hope he can play in at least one playoff game before he retires...

AJ could have rings right now if he wasn't so loyal to the Texans. I truly believe this to be true.

Dude will have his number retired, and they should cast his image in bronze riding one of those legless cows in front of Reliant.

I just hope he can play in at least one playoff game before he retires...

That is not necessarily true. What if AJ had left to go to the Redskins after his first contract was up? Or the Raiders?

WTF games are you two watching? Play action is the heart of our offense and Schaub is one of the best in the league at selling it.

I believe Alan Jackson said it best when he said, "Too much of a good thing--is a good thing."

I simply stated that I don't think it's utilized enough! Didn't say they didn't use it. In the games we've lost, I didn't see it as much. Granted, I don't sit and watch the game with notepad in hand...maybe others do.

JMO.

That is not necessarily true. What if AJ had left to go to the Redskins after his first contract was up? Or the Raiders?

Why would he go to the Redskins? He's got enough money (if you can ever truly have enough) he could have gone to the Patriots, Jets, Bears (last year only), Colts... Ravens..

he could have easily won a Super Bowl with any of those teams.

Why would he go to the Redskins? He's got enough money (if you can ever truly have enough) he could have gone to the Patriots, Jets, Bears (last year only), Colts... Ravens..

he could have easily won a Super Bowl with any of those teams.

WHen do the Colts, Bears or Pats spend buttloads of money in free agency on WR's?

You can say "Oh if he wasn't on the Texans he would've won ________" But you don't know which teams he could've gone to in free agency or what his motivation could've been.

Besides that Andre had a really really bad agent his first years in the league, which can obviously sway a player to go somewhere that us, as fans, would've never thought he would've gone to.

"Could have" is the operative phrase in my statement. :shades:

Like TK said, if he had went to a few teams, there is no doubt that the QB/WR connection would have proven productive.

AJ could have put rings ahead of loyalty and money, so he hooks up with Brady, Manning, Brees, or Rogers. Any doubt that he'd have rings with these QBs tossing the ball to him?

And hey, it could still happen. Dude is not hurting for money, so the options would be his to choose. 31 other teams would not hesitate.

Fortunately for us, he likes us. :D

5 years.

No, not the David Bowie song - but 5 years to get AJ a ring. That's all the Texans have.

That's one of the reasons I'm so pissed at Bobby and Kubes for running their talent into the ground.

AJ

Man, i cannot stop laughing at the image of those legless "cows".. lol

I've often fallen into deep thought over those incomplete beasts, wondering if there was some sort of symbolism there...

....or if the artsy-fartsy creator had one of those moments of "genius" all artists say they have...

Honestly they look kinda cool, and are different, so i don't hate on 'em too much... But i sometimes think the artist realized they were short on materials, and quickly approaching the deadline decided missing legs would be more acceptable than missing heads... then passed it off as an "abstract" piece...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

Didn't ask if your opinion was clearly expressed. It was. And it was just wrong. Schaub has one of the best play action fakes going. It is one of the strong points which would be listed about him. There is a reason he can run a play action, roll and hit a wide open Dreesen or Foster and it is because the D has bought into the run. That isn't all fear of the RB. That is also salesmanship by both QB and RB. The little exaggeration you are looking for would downgrade him. D's see QB's who oversell the hand-off. It has to look the same and then be hidden well. Schaub does that.

When Dennison first came to the Texans, he couldn't believe how the play action had worked for the Texans at all given that the running game was struggling.

Schaub may be the best.

Man, i cannot stop laughing at the image of those legless "cows".. lol

I've often fallen into deep thought over those incomplete beasts, wondering if there was some sort of symbolism there...

....or if the artsy-fartsy creator had one of those moments of "genius" all artists say they have...

Honestly they look kinda cool, and are different, so i don't hate on 'em too much... But i sometimes think the artist realized they were short on materials, and quickly approaching the deadline decided missing legs would be more acceptable than missing heads... then passed it off as an "abstract" piece...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

lol! :D

I used to say that they represented our running game. Fortunately, I can't joke about that anymore! Let's all hope it stays that way for a long time, too.

They do like kinda' cool...but it's weird, because the bulls are not contorted...they look 'realistic'...except for the lack of legs, of course. I've never been displeased with them, but they have puzzled me at times. Definitely better than some of the abstract stuff you see around town.

Back