AJ doing a little smack talkin to Finnegan

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Luv_ya_blue, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Luv_ya_blue

Luv_ya_blue 1%er

I apologize if this has already been around...and I'm sure that it has. I just haven't seen it and it's worth watchin' a couple more times, imo.

Never pictured Andre as much of a smack talker.

http://youtu.be/pcy3-QcKaC4

Not much...just 17 seconds of Dre abusing Finnegan. Sure wish it was longer.

AnthonyE likes this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

"don't get frustrated, you know I will tear your ass up"

3. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

The only thing that could have made yesterday's win better would have ben AJ torching Finnegan and talking trash afterwards. Next time!

4. Luv_ya_blue

Luv_ya_blue 1%er

http://youtu.be/FP4RH3Ns4t0

Highlights from 2010 season, for AJ.

How many of these would've been touchdowns if Schaubie could've hit AJ in stride!?!?!

Wow...he's a beast!

5. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

Titans suck

fiasco west likes this.
  6. KA4Texan

KA4Texan C27A

MSR Thanks for this :spit:

7. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Wow. Thanks for posting that.

I've actually only seen the NFL Films version which edits the exchange just before the "I'm going to tear your ass up" part----which is the best part for any Texans fan.

8. Clamp

Clamp Rookie

That is a good watch. Just to touch on what you said about Schaub hitting him in stride. Schaub's arm has been talked about a lot here and so i went back to see how far those passes went from when it left his hand to when Dre caught them. There was only one pass of 50 yards and several for 45, and some of those were in stride but most Dre had to slow down for because it is pretty clear that is the limit to how far he can get it down the field. What I thought was interesting was that as many of those were made on the run as they were where he had time to set up and really let it go. And for the most part they were pretty accurate either way. Also they had a LOT of hang time bc Schaub had to air them out, but most of the passes under 40 were on a line and very well thrown. So I personally like his arm and how he delivers the ball, but I just wanted to share what I took from the video...other than Andre's sheer awesomeness.

9. Luv_ya_blue

Luv_ya_blue 1%er

I didn't watch this particular video closely, but I've watched Schaub too many times to count--to know that he has his hot & cold moments of depth and accuracy. I don't want to derail this thread's focus--Andre's sheer awesomeness! So I'll just say that there are a lot of NFL QBs that don't have the strongest arms or the greatest accuracy, and that's what makes them average. I'd say Schaub is a 7 on the 10 scale...but that's all he'll probably ever be. Too many times receivers have to slow down, stop, or even come back to the ball once he's "let loose" when he's not under pressure.

But hey...we beat the fire outta the Tacks this week...life is good!
    :chickendance:

10. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Dre is a bad man!

11. False Start

False Start On # 69

12. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Great Video, I counted 7 that should have been thrown better. I think one was a TD, but I counted it anyway.

It also shows Matt making some plays a few times, escaping pressure, resetting and unloading. One of those passes, he was standing on our 25 & threw it to the other 25, so he's got a range of 50 yards.

I understand everyone has their limitations but to be great, you've got to make the most of those limitations. If he would just get around quicker on those naked boots, 50 yards is more than enough.

He also made some good throws on the run, he needs to do more of that.

13. Luv_ya_blue

Luv_ya_blue 1%er

I think that the play action is one of the most UNDER-utilized things in our arsenal. It is masterful to watch that play action and naked bootleg.

14. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

You see this cat Johnson is a baaad mother...
    (Shut your mouth)
    But I'm talkin' about Dre
    (Then we can dig it)

EVOLVIST likes this.
  15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Just imagine if he worked the play action like Manning, the way he extends the ball... a little exageration, where the defense is looking at that ball & they can't resist.....

I think Matt's been pretty sloppy with it this year, it's out of shear fear of Arian that it's been working so well.
    :koolaid:

16. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

WTF games are you two watching? Play action is the heart of our offense and Schaub is one of the best in the league at selling it.

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I thought I was pretty clear.
    Yup, I clearly expressed my opinion there.

18. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Didn't ask if your opinion was clearly expressed. It was. And it was just wrong. Schaub has one of the best play action fakes going. It is one of the strong points which would be listed about him. There is a reason he can run a play action, roll and hit a wide open Dreesen or Foster and it is because the D has bought into the run. That isn't all fear of the RB. That is also salesmanship by both QB and RB. The little exaggeration you are looking for would downgrade him. D's see QB's who oversell the hand-off. It has to look the same and then be hidden well. Schaub does that.

19. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

I think the bootleg itself, or at least a roll-out kept holding the Offense back against the Raiders and the Ravens when they were getting pressure. When the pocket collapses, you adapt your offense, the Texans didn't.

20. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

I had to reply to this to see if I was missing a new emoticon. Someone needs to drum this one up immediately!