Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

AFC Championship: Pats at Colts

Just like i thought about brady. He's going down as a great & rightfully so, but in all the big games he's played in, he's never had to come from behind needing more than a field goal. There good luck charm is gone (Vinatieri). Great game overall though. I'm happy for Manning, with the stats this guy puts up, he deserves it.

.............. & is there another African American coach going to the superbowl? We're guranteed a superbowl winning African American coach?:marionaner: :elmo:

Who gives a crap about a black head coach winning the Super Bowl? It's not that big of a deal is it?

I don't know what everyone thinks about Peyton Manning, but I don't think anyone can hate on Tony Dungy getting a well-deserved trip to the Super Bowl, especially with Jon Gruden stealing Dungy's Buccaneers team a few years ago.

That's one big reason I was pulling for the Colts. Congrats Lovie & Tony. You're classy guys.

I wouldn't want to be Caldwell.

He is going to get raped by the East Coast typewriters.

Plus he is going to have to piss in a little cup in front of his coach's assistant for at least a month straight. Did anybody see his eyes? That dude was totally wired.

He had a terrible game. Dropped two wide open balls, one for a sure TD. He deserves to get a bunch of criticism. Bad, bad game for him.

Who gives a crap about a black head coach winning the Super Bowl? It's not that big of a deal is it?

I don't think it is. Personally, I don't give a crap if there's no Hispanic head coaches (I'm Hispanic). I don't care if all the coaches are white, green, red, black, orange, yellow, or purple.

if your black, you might feel different about that, especially when there was a time that black people were considered stupid and just athletic monkeys.

Doug Williams was a big deal and now that two african americans are in the superbowl is a big deal.

The NCAA needs to wake up.

Congrats to Dungy and Smith

Maybe not to you, but for an organization dominated primarily by black players, & having to facilitate interviewing of black head coaching candidates, i'd say it is a big deal.

No not that big of a deal.. but it is nfl history along with the biggest comeback in a conference championship game. So i think it deserves a mention.

The comeback definitely deserves mention, but to make any mention of the color of the head coach's skin spins it into a different place. Okay, so two black head coaches are going head-to-head. There's been a ton of other black head coaches in the NFL, but who cares? I would rather see a good game especially since I don't care who wins.

if your black, you might feel different about that, especially when there was a time that black people were considered stupid and just athletic monkeys.

Doug Williams was a big deal and now that two african americans are in the superbowl is a big deal.

The NCAA needs to wake up.

Congrats to Dungy and Smith

I agree...both are class acts...Congrats!

The comeback definitely deserves mention, but to make any mention of the color of the head coach's skin spins it into a different place. Okay, so two black head coaches are going head-to-head. There's been a ton of other black head coaches in the NFL, but who cares? I would rather see a good game especially since I don't care who wins.

When its the first time ever..............it deserves mention and rightfully so, to not even mention it would be in some peoples eyes racist. You might feel it doesn't and thats cool, then just shrug it off. I happen to think it is apart of the history of this game

If you don't care that there are 2 African American coaches going head to head in the Super Bowl, representing the first 2 ever, why stir the pot by posting it, if you don't care, that is?

Yeah, here recently, but exactly when have 2 black head coaches gone "head to head" in the biggest football game on the planet? i wasn't mentioning it to "spin" the conversation that way or whatever you thought i was trying to do. I mentioned it b/c just like the guy said above, it is history, & for those of us aspiring to get to that level where dungy & lovie are at, like i said it is a big deal........ to me.

When its the first time ever..............it deserves mention and rightfully so, to not even mention it would be in some peoples eyes racist. You might feel it doesn't and thats cool, then just shrug it off. I happen to think it is apart of the history of this game

Speaking of history can anyone tell me when eli and peyton played earlier this year was that the first time 2 brothers ever faced off against each other as QBs in the NFL??

I think it's racist to even bring to mention the race of the head coach or the QB or the waterboy. Sorry, but I guess I can somewhat see that this is a big moment in the history of the African American in the NFL, I just don't think it should be a rallying-point considering that the NFL has been very open to black HC's.

Congrats...I'm glad the Colts are going to the Super Bowl and hopefully Peyton can win his first ring...the same year the Texans beat em...we beat the champs!!! that'd be great.

On the whole black coach thing. I don't care either way...I feel good for them because they are both very good coaches and playing in the superbowl is very well deserved by both. I guess it's great for 'black coaches'? cuz now every team should hire one..? that doesn't make sense. If he's a great coach, hire him on that merit..as in these two...well deserved and congratulations to both!

I think it's racist to even bring to mention the race of the head coach or the QB or the waterboy. Sorry, but I guess I can somewhat see that this is a big moment in the history of the African American in the NFL, I just don't think it should be a rallying-point considering that the NFL has been very open to black HC's.

I can see where you're coming from, but as far as the bolded, i don't really know about that. Maybe they've been open, but nothing has come of it until recently, like the last 5-6 years.

Yall need to stop with saying "who gives a crap about the black coaches being in the SB"....cuz some might see it as racist...i don't, ur entitled to ur own opinions....but just chill.

I am proud of the Colts and Bears though...

Bears = people rooting against them, even non-saints fans...everyone picking against them.
Colts = down 18, came back....Peyton, great job....defense, great job.

I don't think it is. Personally, I don't give a crap if there's no Hispanic head coaches (I'm Hispanic). I don't care if all the coaches are white, green, red, black, orange, yellow, or purple.

I draw the line at green and purple head coaches.

The animal vs. animal mascot never happening in the SB bugged me for years until the Broncos and Falcons matched up.

Yall need to stop with saying "who gives a crap about the black coaches being in the SB"....cuz some might see it as racist...i don't, ur entitled to ur own opinions....but just chill.

I am proud of the Colts and Bears though...

Bears = people rooting against them, even non-saints fans...everyone picking against them.
Colts = down 18, came back....Peyton, great job....defense, great job.

Happy 1000th post!!! :marionaner: :marionaner:

Congrats...I'm glad the Colts are going to the Super Bowl and hopefully Peyton can win his first ring...the same year the Texans beat em...we beat the champs!!! that'd be great.

On the whole black coach thing. I don't care either way...I feel good for them because they are both very good coaches and playing in the superbowl is very well deserved by both. I guess it's great for 'black coaches'? cuz now every team should hire one..? that doesn't make sense. If he's a great coach, hire him on that merit..as in these two...well deserved and congratulations to both!

Sounds good in theory, but it rarely happens, not even to other white coaches. Owners would rather re-tred some other guy instead of trying someone new. I'm just merely reflecting on the history of blacks in head coaching period. & also Look i'm not saying that every team should hire one b/c that's just ridiculous, but to downplay it's significance as history in the NFL is to try & remain oblivious to the history of african americans in sport period.

It really hasn't been open. I think there are still only three or four black coaches in the NFL. Many,many more have been interviewing, but they don't get hired.

Open....please, not until recently

The NFL hiring of head coaches is rediculous. The fact that the league has to force teams just to interview with black canadites is proof that the fact that there are two black coaches in the superbowl is a huge step.

Teams will bring in their "token black guy" just to sufice the league and then hire some retread. The reason why these black coaches have been so successful is because they have to be the best or they don't get hired.

lets see 32 teams

5 black head coaches this year 15% of the league, a league that is dominated by like 65% of african americans

and out of the pool of 5 black head coaches 2 made it to the superbowl........yeah it deserves mention

Props to Dungy and Smith. I hate that the race card has to be played, but this is significant. For 2 African American head coaches making it to the championship game together... and one of them will win... that is awesome.

All that aside, I'm loking forward a great game in 2 weeks. I pick the Colts to win it though. Rep for the AFC South, Colts!!! I can't hate on the division rival for making it. It's been a long time coming for the Colts and they deserve to make it. Manning finally got over the hump.

This has to be one of the closest games in terms of geography. indianapolis and chicago are only like 150 miles apart.

That's great for both coaches. Nice to see N. Vasheer playing so well. Additionally, I'm a die hard Texan fan, but I was and still am pulling for Peyton, Dungy and the colts to beat the bears.

Okay, sorry to try to make mention that it is football and it shouldn't be decided by race or whatnot. There haven't been that many Super Bowls played and to look at such a small sample is unfair to the league. But congrats to whatever feeling you have that proves it to the owners of the NFL teams that black men can coach football even though they've been hiring them for a decade or so.

That's an ignorant statement. It is a significant advancement for those of us who don't get equal treatment or certain opportunities because of our race.

That's an ignorant statement. It is a significant advancement for those of us who don't get equal treatment or certain opportunities because of our race.

This should be on a seperate thread, but as a Hispanic, I feel like I get equal treatment everywhere I go. I've never felt that I've been discriminated against.

This should be on a seperate thread, but as a Hispanic, I feel like I get equal treatment everywhere I go. I've never felt that I've been discriminated against.
Some teachers can't even get my name right unless the other two Hispanic kids in the class are called on first(there's only four hispanics in my AP English class.) I get condescending looks all the time.

Oh yeah... I don't see anyone else bringing this up.... but congratulations to the hometown kid as well... that Joseph Addai fellow I reckon it is!

I'm a 36, almost 37 year old white guy and I'm happy for all the white offensive lineman that are getting there this year.:) Otherwise congrats to two really deserving coaches. I like them both.

I'm sorry if I've turned this into a social implications of a minority HC'ed franchise going into the Super Bowl thread. I just don't understand why it's such a huge deal considering the NFL's been pretty forward-moving into the new era and I don't see in terms of race. I like the two HC's involved in the Super Bowl and I think the Bears will win it.

I'm sorry if I've turned this into a social implications of a minority HC'ed franchise going into the Super Bowl thread. I just don't understand why it's such a huge deal considering the NFL's been pretty forward-moving into the new era and I don't see in terms of race. I like the two HC's involved in the Super Bowl and I think the Bears will win it.

I understand that and all this could be avoided if the NCAA took the same steps as the NFL.

Because black or any other minority isn't getting a shot at the lower level, they have no background or resume' and aren't getting a shot at the pro level, which leaves to discussions like this.

The college level is the root of the problem.

Its all about making steps, many black QBs were able to look at D. Williams......(Mcnair and others) and know they could play that position, and the same will happen with however wins this game. Once this passes, we can get it behind us and you won't here about it.

Oh yeah... I don't see anyone else bringing this up.... but congratulations to the hometown kid as well... that Joseph Addai fellow I reckon it is!

Yeah, can't forget that. See, after all the hype of the 2006 draft a hometown guy was a big help in getting his team to the championship game. What is wrong w/ Houston passing up on hometown players of late? Ah well. Go Colts!!!!

I don't either, but as McClain said this morning on John & lance, anytime you're the 1st of anything it deserves mention. I just happen to agree with him. Nobody is playing the race card, jeez people.

Back