Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

ABC News fixing to show a piece on Green/Simmons

That was cool. Good stuff !
Good pub for Green & Simmons. Good pub for the Texans - shows what happens in a class franchise.
And some badly needed good pub for the NFL.
ABC did a real nice story on the subject.

That was cool. Good stuff !
Good pub for Green & Simmons. Good pub for the Texans - shows what happens in a class franchise.
And some badly needed good pub for the NFL.
ABC did a real nice story on the subject.

Was it regarding the number 30? If so I hope ESPN picks it up.

Sorry I didn't mean to put Texans news on the front page.

Anyway I did enjoy the quality story on two quality Texans players.

Casual observers are far more likely to go to the main section for Texans news. I felt it was time sensative and important for those of us wanting to catch positive Texans news. Not everyone tailgates and has a reason to go to that section.

This is how the tailgate section is introduced

Texan Tailgating (1 Viewing)
The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend.

This is how the Texans Talk section is introduced

Texans Talk (9 Viewing)
Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

I felt it was a story about players. Not making friends or planing a gathering.

Was it regarding the number 30? If so I hope ESPN picks it up.

Yes it was about the quid pro quo arrangement Green & Simmons had for Simmons #30, and ABC gave all concerned a very positive report.
It led into the story by showing Green running with his #30 way back in college, and then in the pros with the Packers, & finally in his #30 Texans jersey. They talked about the DP for a home, and talked to a couple of people who might be possible candidates to benefit from the gift.
Even though ESPN hates to give the Texans any positive pub, since they and ABC are sibbling corporations I'd expect some kind of story on ESPN if only for the sake of some needed good PR for the league.

Hey overalls, we've just always used this forum as more of an event forum and it's never really been about pure tailgating only. Think of this section as more event driven and less football opinion stuff. I think most people just go to the new posts button when they lurk here anyway...so most people see everything recent when they log in. One good thing about this forum is that the threads don't get lost in the football arguments that dominate the football opinion board. These kinds of threads (an announcement of a show) can go either way...some start out as events and morph...we can always move it back if it becomes more of a football discussion. Nothing is in stone around here.

Casual observers are far more likely to go to the main section for Texans news. I felt it was time sensative and important for those of us wanting to catch positive Texans news. Not everyone tailgates and has a reason to go to that section.

This is how the tailgate section is introduced

This is how the Texans Talk section is introduced

I felt it was a story about players. Not making friends or planing a gathering.

Makes sense to me.

There was a redirect left so it showed up in BOTH forums. I don't see the complaint other than just to complain.

There was a redirect left so it showed up in BOTH forums. I don't see the complaint other than just to complain.

Seems like you are instigating. Why not just tell him why it is moved and let it be over with? He just doesn't understand that's all, and a little clarification helps. It doesn't help at all to provoke it into something that it shouldn't develop into. Just my opinion, but I think we can all get along if we respect each other and not try to stir another's pot.

By the way, I like how Ahman pointed out that while the league's image is tarnished by a couple of bad apples, he and Jason are trying to remind them that there are more good guys out there still.

I guess I missed the redirect but I did not see it.

Vinny I do not go thru the new post part, I guess I just miss it or something. But I log directly into the threads section and do not see the main page all the time. I check that about once I week.

The redirect is live for at least one hour. Due to the timeliness of the thread started by Overalls the one hour re-direct should have been timely enough to be a traffic cop.

Seems like you are instigating. Why not just tell him why it is moved and let it be over with? He just doesn't understand that's all, and a little clarification helps. It doesn't help at all to provoke it into something that it shouldn't develop into. Just my opinion, but I think we can all get along if we respect each other and not try to stir another's pot.

I have to agree.

Some of us TRY to think out:idea: where a thread goes (Texan's news sounds like Texan's news to me) and as silly as it sounds we , as posters, just want to know how we could be so messed up that we don't know the proper place for things. When there is no PM explaining why it was moved, we have to ask aloud because we don't know who moved it. :dontknowa

When there is no PM explaining why it was moved, we have to ask aloud because we don't know who moved it. :dontknowa

And there was an explanation provided (which provoked a follow up comment of I want it in the high traffic zone) when asked plus a redirect. I was going to let Shaft's instigating comment pass, but how is answering a question instigating anything?

Because the TexansTalk forum is for football talk and the Tailgate forum is for events, FYI's on shows, etc. Is there a reason it shouldn't have been?

Does this mean that "Danny Clark was just on 610 AM", "Green/ Simmons All Kinda Class" (same subject), "Shaub NFL Network", "Kubes on 610 AM right Now", and others will be moved??

I really don't think they need to be and I don't really want to sift through that when I want to see "Dante's Most Embarrassing Pics".:tinfoil:

Simmons has always been one of my favorite players because when he is on the field he plays with an intensity and drive that is fun to watch. :texflag:

He is a fine man off the field as well.

Tell you what, when the whaaaambulance pulls over--try explaining to me how anyone was hurt by a redirect being left and the post getting exposure in two forums instead of just one. Answer that one and we can talk about the definition of instigating.

Edit--geez folks. A thread got moved (and a redirect left)--lighten up.

Tell you what, when the whaaaambulance pulls over--try explaining to me how anyone was hurt by a redirect being left and the post getting exposure in two forums instead of just one. Answer that one and we can talk about the definition of instigating.

Edit--geez folks. A thread got moved (and a redirect left)--lighten up.

Step down off of your pedestal and start talking to people in this thread like they are your equals. Nobody wants to deal with your sarcasm.

If you want to talk about instigating... I think you move posts just to instigate. Tedc just pointed that out clearly.

Does this mean that "Danny Clark was just on 610 AM", "Green/ Simmons All Kinda Class" (same subject), "Shaub NFL Network", "Kubes on 610 AM right Now", and others will be moved??

I really don't think they need to be and I don't really want to sift through that when I want to see "Dante's Most Embarrassing Pics".:tinfoil:

I think I will go check that out -----> before it gets moved...

(thats tongue in cheek people)

I think you move posts just to instigate.

Cool, you figured it out--I move stuff just to have silly conversations like this one and not have anyone explain (third request) how having a thread visible in two forums during the critical time hurt anyone.

PS--the difference in the other threads is they developed into or involved actual discussion of football--except the other Green/Simmons thread which would have been merged with this one if this one had not gotten sidetracked. Yes it is a fine line sometimes and a thread could go in either place. It isn't an insult to anyone when a thread gets moved--the mods are just trying to keep the place organized.

Guys, I think this is another time that the internet misses out on tone.

A mod might think: Move the thread because it isn't really football oriented. (Number exchange for charity). Moving thread is no big deal because there is a redirect, everybody makes mistakes in putting things places, and it is likely to be seen in the other forum. I've explained it.

Someone new to moderation might think: Hey, this is a big deal that might thread is being moved because nobody will see it. That mod is trying to put me down. Gee, I don't know where to put threads and I wish the mod would explain it.

Think it is just a miscommunication based on the initial rough start of the forum.

Ultimately, I believe the best thing to do anywhere on the web, but especially in a place where most everyone wants to share the goal of having a nice community to talk Texan, is trying to assume the best in people and...

welcome-tex.jpg

I did not think Infantrycak was trying to insult or belittle my post. I did disagree with its need to be moved, but it is a matter of semantics. I will live with the descision. It is not a big enough deal to worry any further over.

Back