ABC News fixing to show a piece on Green/Simmons

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by Overalls, May 22, 2007.

1. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

They gave a promo but didn't mention their names. Should be on in a few minutes.

2. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

Why did this need to be moved?

3. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

That was cool. Good stuff !
    Good pub for Green & Simmons. Good pub for the Texans - shows what happens in a class franchise.
    And some badly needed good pub for the NFL.
    ABC did a real nice story on the subject.

4. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Was it regarding the number 30? If so I hope ESPN picks it up.

5. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Not sure why.

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Because the TexansTalk forum is for football talk and the Tailgate forum is for events, FYI's on shows, etc. Is there a reason it shouldn't have been?

7. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

Sorry I didn't mean to put Texans news on the front page.

Anyway I did enjoy the quality story on two quality Texans players.

8. infantrycak

I don't understand the front page comment. Please explain? TexansTalk and Tailgate all appear at the same time for me--is there a view setting issue I am missing?

9. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

Casual observers are far more likely to go to the main section for Texans news. I felt it was time sensative and important for those of us wanting to catch positive Texans news. Not everyone tailgates and has a reason to go to that section.

This is how the tailgate section is introduced

This is how the Texans Talk section is introduced

I felt it was a story about players. Not making friends or planing a gathering.

Tedc likes this.
  10. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Yes it was about the quid pro quo arrangement Green & Simmons had for Simmons #30, and ABC gave all concerned a very positive report.
    It led into the story by showing Green running with his #30 way back in college, and then in the pros with the Packers, & finally in his #30 Texans jersey. They talked about the DP for a home, and talked to a couple of people who might be possible candidates to benefit from the gift.
    Even though ESPN hates to give the Texans any positive pub, since they and ABC are sibbling corporations I'd expect some kind of story on ESPN if only for the sake of some needed good PR for the league.

Kaiser Toro likes this.
  11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Hey overalls, we've just always used this forum as more of an event forum and it's never really been about pure tailgating only. Think of this section as more event driven and less football opinion stuff. I think most people just go to the new posts button when they lurk here anyway...so most people see everything recent when they log in. One good thing about this forum is that the threads don't get lost in the football arguments that dominate the football opinion board. These kinds of threads (an announcement of a show) can go either way...some start out as events and morph...we can always move it back if it becomes more of a football discussion. Nothing is in stone around here.

12. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

Makes sense to me.

13. infantrycak

There was a redirect left so it showed up in BOTH forums. I don't see the complaint other than just to complain.

14. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

Seems like you are instigating. Why not just tell him why it is moved and let it be over with? He just doesn't understand that's all, and a little clarification helps. It doesn't help at all to provoke it into something that it shouldn't develop into. Just my opinion, but I think we can all get along if we respect each other and not try to stir another's pot.

By the way, I like how Ahman pointed out that while the league's image is tarnished by a couple of bad apples, he and Jason are trying to remind them that there are more good guys out there still.

DiapHer likes this.
  15. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I guess I missed the redirect but I did not see it.

Vinny I do not go thru the new post part, I guess I just miss it or something. But I log directly into the threads section and do not see the main page all the time. I check that about once I week.

16. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

The redirect is live for at least one hour. Due to the timeliness of the thread started by Overalls the one hour re-direct should have been timely enough to be a traffic cop.

17. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

That makes sense.

18. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

I have to agree.

Some of us TRY to think out:idea: where a thread goes (Texan's news sounds like Texan's news to me) and as silly as it sounds we , as posters, just want to know how we could be so messed up that we don't know the proper place for things. When there is no PM explaining why it was moved, we have to ask aloud because we don't know who moved it. :dontknowa

Overalls and Vinny like this.
  19. infantrycak

And there was an explanation provided (which provoked a follow up comment of I want it in the high traffic zone) when asked plus a redirect. I was going to let Shaft's instigating comment pass, but how is answering a question instigating anything?

20. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

Does this mean that "Danny Clark was just on 610 AM", "Green/ Simmons All Kinda Class" (same subject), "Shaub NFL Network", "Kubes on 610 AM right Now", and others will be moved??

I really don't think they need to be and I don't really want to sift through that when I want to see "Dante's Most Embarrassing Pics".:tinfoil: