Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

A long post

Grid

All Pro
After writing this I went back and read it..and felt that it was repetitive and probably pointless. But since it is so long and I wasted this time writing it, I figure I might as well post it anyway.

The following is a rambling collection of my thoughts on the community and the Texans.

So, Im going to go ahead and say that word that so many people are afraid to mention after last offseason...

"Chicken little"

We have alot of them right now.

Here is what I dont understand. How can you be so negative when so many things have changed? How can you already have made up your mind about our chances, when we havent even seen who our starters will be, and how we will run our offense and defense?

Im going to make a broad statement about Houston fans. They are ignorant. Dont take that personally.. ignorance is not the same as stupidity. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, not an inability to learn it.

Im not claiming to be more knowledgable.. I just dont flaunt my ignorance. For example, I see people losing their minds over who we have acquired in FA, and what we paid for them. Why? What inside info do you have that says these moves are bad? Ill give you my theory on it, using the Anthony Weaver signing as an example.

Anthony Weaver is not well known. He hasnt proven himself quite yet. However, he has only been in the league 4 years.. he hasnt reached his full potential. Now, I see people saying we paid too much for an "average" player.. who told you he was average? The stats? Your personal team of scouts? Why do you think that you know more about a player than our front office? Dont you think that they did some research before they signed him?

so then you say: "But if he has so much potential, then why wasnt everyone talking about how great he was before we signed him?"

That is the crux of the problem isnt it? Its the money, and the opinion on him you are reading from other fans.. you think we are paying too much for an average talent.. that we could of got him for less, right? hmm.. if you were going to buy a car, who would you trust to give you financial advice.. your accountant, or your next door neighbor? my point is.. you dont have a copy of the books saying how much we are spending, how much space we have, and how much we will have in the future. Why does it matter if we pay him 1million or 100million if we can afford it without hurting ourselves? You are assuming that we are putting ourselves in a bind by paying that much, yet you havent got the slightest idea how we are applying his contract to our cap.

so then you say: "Because we are wasting cap space! we could have signed a better player for that amount of money! And when a better player becomes available in the future, we wont be able to afford him!"

Again, do you have access to our books? Do you have a team of scouts telling you that he isnt good enough to pay that kind of money to? Do you really think that we should be hording our cap space "just in case" someone we really want becomes available? No..you use your cap space and if someone you really want becomes available, then you find a way to fit him in. You dont stockpile cap space for a rainy day... not unless you want to be the worst team in the league for decades.

Here is the thing.. maybe all the fans say we are overpaying.. heck..maybe all the talking heads say we are overpaying.. maybe even all the scouts and all the coaches are saying we are overpaying. Who cares? We are getting the players we want.. and it is OUR cap space to use how WE please. If we feel that Anthony Weaver is the guy for us.. then what does it matter if we pay him a bit more than he is worth (according to others)? We intend for him to fill a valuable role for us, so we paid him what we had to to get him to come here.

I dont really understand all this worrying over our cap space. If the cap was such a delicate thing.... if "precise and proper" use of cap space will make or break your team... then dont you think the Redskins would be as bad as the Cardinals or Saints right now? They spend like there is no tomorrow..and yet they manage to stay within the boundaries of the cap, and have managed to be competitive still. So why are you so worried about OUR cap?

Our little "overpaying" is NOTHING compared to what the Redskins have been doing. So why all of the hooplah?

Its ignorance. It is not that we dont LIKE the players we are signing... its that they arent the players we KNOW. When the fans here see that we spent alot of money to get Weaver, they dont really care about Weaver or his potential.. all they want to know is why we are spending that kind of money on a relative unknown when we could have (in theory) spent it to get a player whos name they have heard on Sportscenter.

The real problem is that the names we are signing dont SOUND like improvements. LeCharles Bentley, Terrell Owens, Edgerrin James, Julian Peterson, Jon Runyan, Isaac Bruce... THESE are the players the fans want. Why? because they will be immediate upgrades? Who says that they are upgrades? Sportscenter says! and that is what is important!. but seriously..Who is to say that these guys are the right guys for US? I would think that people within the league... people whos JOB it is to evaluate these players and see if they are what we need..would have a better working knowledge than your average fan, and could make more knowledable decisions about which players we should pursue.

So, instead of going for old veterans.. we are grabbing young players with upside. Is that such a bad thing? No the names arent as flashy.. but its the production that is important... we are trying to improve the team over the long term.. we ARENT trying to make a superbowl run next season. Not like that anyway. But that doesnt matter to our fans.. what they want is the APPEARANCE of huge changes and big upgrades.

Now.. I know there are other reasons for all the crying. For example, im aware that many people just dont trust Charlie Casserly. He has done wrong too many times in the past, and so now you piss on every move he makes. All I have to say to that is... dont you think that Mr. McNair, Dan Reeves, Kubiak, Sherman, and all the other coaches we have.. are aware of Casserly and his past with us? Do you REALLY think that everyone is giving him free reign? Dont you think that there is alot of effort being put into making sure that every move we make is a good one? I mean.. we have a new staff... we had a terrible year.. the fans are getting edgy... they KNOW what the stakes are. They arent just gonna go off on a tangent and pick names out of a hat. A little faith from the fans would be great right now.

Im also aware that some people feel that our greatest need is being ignored. That being the Oline. Doesnt anyone here have a long term memory? SHERMAN!... hello? We got a GREAT oline coach. That is going to be the biggest difference maker. On top of that, we have a head coach that knows how to run an offense, he loves to roll out the QB, and Carr happens to be pretty good at that, so that will help as well. All of that aside.. we also have a staff which understands how our Oline was being MISUSED by the previous staff. For example, we have moved McKinney to his NATURAL position at LG. He isnt, and never was, a center. Our previous staff MADE him a center for god knows what reason. We have retained Wand and he will be getting a look at RT and possibly at guard im betting. If yall will think back a bit, you will remember that Wand's sub par performance at LT was not entirely his fault. He had some help from a poorly run offense, a punch drunk QB, and a few weak links on the line. He could very well be the answer for us at RT.

Im not saying that our line has enough talent as it is.. all im saying is that we are not going to spontaneously combust if we dont sign some Olinemen in FA. We already have starters if we need them, and we will be grabbing 1-3 more linemen in the draft (and its a great draft class).

Now, up above I said im not claiming to be more knowledgable, just that I dont flaunt my ignorance. What I mean by that is that I dont jump to conclusions. So many people here are quick to jump to a conclusion about every move we make (usually a negative conclusion). More often than not.. this "jump" is based on faulty, incomplete, or just plain made up information. Is it that hard to just let things lie and see what happens?

I am not sure that Weaver will work out for us... but im going to give him the benefit of the doubt because I dont have any information that would lead me to think that he CANT be a great player for us.

Im not sure that Carr will be salvagable or that he could turn into a good QB for us.. but we have a great QB coach in Kubiak, and a great offensive mind in Kubiak.. and I know that Carr has never had a chance to really grow as a QB, due to the beating he has taken, and the poor play calling. He may be a flop, but he has some tools available to him now that could save him.. so im going to give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens. Im not in love with him.. im not claiming he will be awesome.. im just waiting to see if we have done enough to take him to the next level. I DO think that he is capable of being a great QB..or at least he was capable at one time, and still might be.

I am not sure that our Oline will be better next season.. but..again.. Sherman, Kubiak, better use of our existing talent.. deep oline draft. Im giving it the benefit of the doubt.

I dont think I need to go on...you get the point. I try not to jump to conclusions about things which I have no real understanding of. I understand there is an opposite side to this line of thinking though. For example:

Another person might say "I am not sure Weaver will work out for us, but he has not done anything amazing yet, and so im going to assume he wont until he proves otherwise".

This comment isnt basing itself on FALSE information.. its just being negative. What I dont understand is how you can love the Texans, and be a fan of the Texans, and then turn around and see the bad in everything they do? That just doesnt make sense. Do you just enjoy dogging on them? What enjoyment are you getting from this franchise if every move they make is, in your mind, bringing us one step closer to total worthlessness? This line of thinking just...it boggles the mind.

SO!..the point of all this. All im trying to say is have a little faith. We have a brand new coaching staff. This is a fresh start for our franchise. This isnt the same staff we have had for the past 4 years.. so lets try not to label them with the mistakes that the past staff made, that just isnt fair. Lets see what their answer is to the Oline.. lets see if they can salvage Carr.. lets see if our defense has the right personel.. if Buchanan can be a good CB..etc..etc.. lets just wait, and see, and be positive. It LOOKS like we have a good staff now..so lets have some faith in them and see how they go about fixing our problems, and maybe try and lay off the doom-saying every time they do something.

Talking about cap as well as potential during the off season is all there is really to talk about. If you do not like the NFL off season there is plenty of Arena Football programming or other sports in action. :confused:

I dont think ya read the whole thing :)..but I dont blame ya..its really long. It is also possible that I just didnt explain myself very well.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make isnt "dont talk"..it was "have some faith in the new staff, and try not to be so negative"... as well as "dont jump to conclusions"

Grid said:
I dont think ya read the whole thing :)..but I dont blame ya..its really long. It is also possible that I just didnt explain myself very well.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make isnt "dont talk"..it was "have some faith in the new staff, and try not to be so negative"... as well as "dont jump to conclusions"

I can't lie as I read, skimmed and browsed it. We all need some football to start and a group shot of whiskey.

as I can't speak for everyone, I think part of the problem is that people still feel Cass is the blame for our downfall and eventhough we have a new coaching staff the FA period looks like all of our previous ones.. young players , high potential.. that is what we hear.. for me, eventhough I know we have a new coaching staff, I still forget about that part of it from time to time when I hear roster moves. Last season wore me down, I heard from training camp about how younger and faster we were going to be and it was hard to watch on sundays.. I just have to keep reminding myself on these moves, we do have a new coaching staff

also for me I expected the OL to be targeted in FA and not a 3rd string QB and a FB that might see 15 passes (if we are lucky) this season .. and for me I get disappointed that Givens didn't come here and it was about the money.

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 06:48:04 -0800

Ron Borges, of the Boston Globe, reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak had listed WR David Givens as his No. 1 offensive target in free agency. Givens wound up signing with the Tennessee Titans.
www.kffl.com

for me I can't wait till training camp so I can hear about what the new staff is doing..

Grid said:
SO!..the point of all this. All im trying to say is have a little faith. We have a brand new coaching staff. This is a fresh start for our franchise. This isnt the same staff we have had for the past 4 years.. so lets try not to label them with the mistakes that the past staff made, that just isnt fair. Lets see what their answer is to the Oline.. lets see if they can salvage Carr.. lets see if our defense has the right personel.. if Buchanan can be a good CB..etc..etc.. lets just wait, and see, and be positive.

:highfive: Thank You! :ok:

Wolf said:
as I can't speak for everyone, I think part of the problem is that people still feel Cass is the blame for our downfall and eventhough we have a new coaching staff the FA period looks like all of our previous ones.. young players , high potential.. that is what we hear.. for me, eventhough I know we have a new coaching staff, I still forget about that part of it from time to time when I hear roster moves. Last season wore me down, I heard from training camp about how younger and faster we were going to be and it was hard to watch on sundays.. I just have to keep reminding myself on these moves, we do have a new coaching staff

also for me I expected the OL to be targeted in FA and not a 3rd string QB and a FB that might see 15 passes (if we are lucky) this season .. and for me I get disappointed that Givens didn't come here and it was about the money.

www.kffl.com

for me I can't wait till training camp so I can hear about what the new staff is doing..

I feel like I have the right to question the moves of the team. I just paid for my season tickets and EXPECT the team to do the right thing.They asked me to make an investment in next season sight unseen.
If they had paid Givens the extra $6 mill. we spent on our new 4th string receiver he would have signed here. Who made that decission? Kubes said Givins was his prime target in FA. Givens wanted to play here.
Who made the decission to low ball him?
Don't I have the right as a PSL holder to expect that managment will make every effort to give the coaches what they need to win.
The right thing to do for this franchise is to draft Bush #1 then a LT #33, however I question CC decission making process, he is the one who thinks he knows more than anyone else in the room. If a 1st round QB drops to #33 CC will be in there fighting to draft him as a VALUE pick.
Vince Young is a hometown boy, so is D. Givins. Why not the outrage of trying to low ball a local boy who the new head coach wanted more than any player out there?
CC can not stay through the draft!
Mr. McNair, PLEASE reconsider Casserly. I respect CC's knowledge of the game, but he has proven again with the recent Givens failure that he is not the right man for Houston. Lets cut our losses and move ahead with Kubes and Co.

Apparently you forgot of the people who were throwing caution to the wind last year. Some of us yelled that not enough was done. We were told by many people like you 'things have changed' and 'have faith in the team' and 'we were anti-texans'. Then the 4 pre-season games, and we were screaming again. Then, us caution people, were told 'the pre-season games mean nothing' and 'they mean nothing on how they will play'. Again the cautioners yelled again within the first 4-5 games about the play, and again we were cast down. Your questions stem on how we can be so negitive? The cautioners havent seen enough done yet is the simple answer.

Dime said:
Apparently you forgot of the people who were throwing caution to the wind last year. Some of us yelled that not enough was done. We were told by many people like you 'things have changed' and 'have faith in the team' and 'we were anti-texans'. Then the 4 pre-season games, and we were screaming again. Then, us caution people, were told 'the pre-season games mean nothing' and 'they mean nothing on how they will play'. Again the cautioners yelled again within the first 4-5 games about the play, and again we were cast down. Your questions stem on how we can be so negitive? The cautioners havent seen enough done yet is the simple answer.

Very understandable, Fool me once.... However last year was the same team with the same coaches, I just think we should give the new coaching staff a chance, and at least watch 1 game. I understand where you're coming from, I just think it's way too early to tell.

Grid, you take things too personal. Of course fans don't have the same insight as coaches and the front office. So friggin what. We all love football enough to be here in the offseason and we all have different opinions about what the team should do. Lets be big enough to hear them both positive and negative. If someone posts something you feel is ignorant then move on to the next one.

The team has been mismanaged and disorganized since year 1, I don't know how or why you fault the fans for being less than optimistic. We're landing less than stellar talent in free agency and seem to be overpaying again for it. Sure Weaver and Walter may have potential but the same was said on this board last year about BUchanan and Greenwood. I'll reserve judgement until the seasons starts but most fans have become used to the losing, uncompetitive play, and bonehead FO moves of the Texans, regardless of the change in coaching.

Dime said:

No I didnt forget all that :).. that is why the term "chicken little" has not been seen on this board this offseason (much).

You are right, last year alot of people, myself included, were supporting the team even though some questionable moves were made. I say "supporting" but that isnt quite right..the naysayers were supporting the team too. Some of us "remained positive" despite some questionable moves. It turns out that we were wrong and the season was a disaster.

Now. I can understand the "chicken littles" last season, because we had a really bad coaching staff doing some really stupid things. But this season we have an all new staff...and we havent seen them work yet.. so i dont really understand how anyone can being crying this offseason. We have every reason to be positive.

Also.. preseason games DONT mean anything. Look at how many teams in the past of lost most of their preseason games and gone on to the playoffs.

Im not against people being critical of the team. Questioning the moves and what-not. As a homer..and a naturally positive person (at least when it comes to the Texans)..I need the naysayers to let me know when things arent quite right :). It is just that the board should never be DROWNING in negativity. Especially this offseason.

Also, like I said above, questioning and being critical of the team is fine.. but when ALL YOU DO is tear down every move the Texans make, that isnt right.

Great post Grid. Keep in mind some folks just LIKE being negative and walking around with a cloud over their head. That way, when bad things happen, they can say "I told you so". That seems to be important to them for some reason , and is something I have NEVER understood. People like that have always seemed bitter about life in general to me. I can hear it coming " I'm just calling it to the real and not a pollyanna". Oh well, I just hope your enjoying your trip through this life, it sure isn't how I choose to do it, but to each there own. Again, great post Grid.

Grid, a year ago I was not optomistic about our future. This year I am. I think we have a lot to look forward to and I think Weaver was a great pickup. Sometimes I've looked at this year's signings and gone, oh well. But as you say I trust this staff at the present time and I will wait to see how we look during and after TC. Our judgements to a certain degree probably should wait till the preseason.

If I disagree with you its on Casserly. I have stated for a long time Casserly is simply going after the players the coaching staff has determined are necessary. No more or no less than that. He has never worked in a vaccum and has not tried to impose his desires over that of the coaching staff. That has been true of this FA period, and in fact, has been confirmed by Kubiak.

I like the new WR and I think he has the work ethic they are looking for in a player in addition to having abilities and appears to be a late bloomer. Given our needs it looks like he will fit in real well. I was not a Bradford fan so I'm happy to see we made the move to release him. I think the new guy will be an improvement over Gaffny, so we will have to wait and see. Yes, I wanted to see us go after TO, but I can equally understand why the coaching staff would TKO that idea.

I have repeatidly stated I wanted McNair to get good coaches and the money would be better spent there and than elsewhere right now. As you have pointed out we now have someone who knows how to work with the O-line along with someone who understands the offensive side of the ball. This should pay huge dividens. Don't under estimate this part of the change. Again the coaching staff is a huge improvement over the previous staff. Do I have questions here? Certainly, but we have to wait and see.

The BOTTOM LINE is that I think we have a better possibility of reaching the playoffs this year than last. It is a far better bet after the draft. We should have some good additions to this ball club that will have an immediate impact.

GOOOO TEXAAAANS......

I don't like to see a vast number of members labeled as ignorant just because they don't share the opinions of the organization. Of course, they don't have the same amount of information the team does. But they can have a learned opinion based on the facts at hand.

At the same time, I'm with you in wanting to see this staff get a fair chance before the bashing begins. They didn't put this team in the mess it's in. Let's see if they can pull us out of it.

Lucky said:
I don't like to see a vast number of members labeled as ignorant just because they don't share the opinions of the organization. Of course, they don't have the same amount of information the team does. But they can have a learned opinion based on the facts at hand.

At the same time, I'm with you in wanting to see this staff get a fair chance before the bashing begins. They didn't put this team in the mess it's in. Let's see if they can pull us out of it.

I wasnt trying to "name call" with the ignorant statement. I just couldnt find a better word to use for the point I was trying to make. I agree.. you can have an informed opinion based on the facts that are available. But it is also possible to have a situation where there just ARENT enough facts available to create an informed opinion..and in those cases, too many times you see people going ahead and deciding that it is a bad thing (whatever it is).

Glad to see that some people agree with me.. at least partially :)

Thanks Grid! I enjoyed your post. I too am tired of all of the negativity and all of the rumors that get started on this board. As fans we may have opinions, but the truth is we don't KNOW AS MUCH AS WE THINK WE DO! Show some trust in the new staff and let's see how their changes paly out - IMO

Good answer Grid, but here is where I come from a touch on my basis that enough hasnt been done.

Currently, We have lost some decent players in Walker, Banks and the like (I said decent, not good). We have replaced the coaching staff for the most part, but here is my problem. We STILL have not replaced ANY of the NEEDED area through FA save 1 (DE). We have a huge need at OL, ILB, and other critical areas that having a legit Named player would be good. We dont go that route though. Instead, we talk about getting a RB in the draft (which we dont need since we have DD), and pickup a 2nd QB for backup, and spend good money on a backup FB. All 3 areas we are upgrading might need it, but what about the broken areas right now..

Its almost comical. To give a interesting analage (however you spell it). We have upgrade the 5th tire in the trunk of the car (Backup QB/BackupFB), Fixed the backseat too, and even replaced the transmission (coaches). Sad thing is, We havent done anything with the engine which is spurting(Carr), Tires on the Car which are either flat and slashed to being rather low of air(Oline), and other parts of the car which seem to be just falling off in places.

Dont get me wrong. I am a fan of the team. Thats Team! Not just one or two already filled positions. Lets fix a bit of the broken ones too please.

Dime said:
Good answer Grid, but here is where I come from a touch on my basis that enough hasnt been done.

Currently, We have lost some decent players in Walker, Banks and the like (I said decent, not good). We have replaced the coaching staff for the most part, but here is my problem. We STILL have not replaced ANY of the NEEDED area through FA save 1 (DE). We have a huge need at OL, ILB, and other critical areas that having a legit Named player would be good. We dont go that route though. Instead, we talk about getting a RB in the draft (which we dont need since we have DD), and pickup a 2nd QB for backup, and spend good money on a backup FB. All 3 areas we are upgrading might need it, but what about the broken areas right now..

Its almost comical. To give a interesting analage (however you spell it). We have upgrade the 5th tire in the trunk of the car (Backup QB/BackupFB), Fixed the backseat too, and even replaced the transmission (coaches). Sad thing is, We havent done anything with the engine which is spurting(Carr), Tires on the Car which are either flat and slashed to being rather low of air(Oline), and other parts of the car which seem to be just falling off in places.

Dont get me wrong. I am a fan of the team. Thats Team! Not just one or two already filled positions. Lets fix a bit of the broken ones too please.

As others have posted its hard to fix two or more things at one time and have any success. Perhaps we are going the INDY route which is to fix the offense and then the Defense. The offense is probably the easiest area to fix given the draft and what we have. If we have success there and can be competitive offensively then we can move on to fix the defense. We have been trying to fix all of the problems at the same time and we have yet to accomplish anything. If we had 10 1st round draft picks we might be able to fix everything and/or a lot of cap space. We have neither. This is a tough year for the Texans. My hopes are that our players are a lot better than we think. They just haven't been properly coached.

At this point I'm way more optomistic than last year. We know have a good coaching staff and they will do wonders with what we have. We might even make a run at the playoffs.

I like your post Grid, and I understand how you feel. Just hang in there, in only gets worse! LOL

It's a tough thing, we are all emotionally and financialy invested in this team and people want to feel the teams needs are being met. But, I have to put my faith in the new staff, alot of them are proven winners, and better evaluators of talent than your average MB poster. So I am with you, I am excited about the upcoming season. :redtowel:

Quote:
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 06:48:04 -0800

Ron Borges, of the Boston Globe, reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak had listed WR David Givens as his No. 1 offensive target in free agency. Givens wound up signing with the Tennessee Titans.

I read a similiar quote saying that Weaver was the No 1 target overall and we landed him.

The team made an offer to Givens but he decided to take the higher offer made by Tenn. Why you ask? Because he saw a fan in Houston wearing a Tenn. jersey.:confused:

Works for me I suppose?

Givens gave lip service to giving Houston a home town discount, but in the end the $ won out.

Now...either Cass is guilty of low balling Givens... because he didn't sign :brickwall or, if he had outbid Tenn.....then he would have been guilty of overpaying..:brickwall.

I am not a Cass apologist, but the guy really cannot win on this board.

We always have the option of neutering the naysayers, that way they can't reproduce more negative Texans fans. Any volunteers, I got a sharp knife, you won't feel a thing...promise :) BTW: Good Post Grid!

Good, good post. I like the example of Anthony Weaver. Because people haven't heard of him and feel we overpaid people get upset. We haven't seen him, or any of the other players we've gotten play yet. I'll wait until the season starts to reserve my judgement on whether they were worth the money or not.

This team has a lot of holes .... They went 2-14 in the last season , that in itself should tell you something.

The O-line is the main culprit in the eye's of many a fan .... myself included . Even Casserly said prior to last season that getting DC better protection was PRIORITY ONE. Yet they havent made a single up-grade there .... And you wonder why we question the moves of the team ....

As for the Current coaching staff ..... I think Kubiak was a great hire . I think he will turn the offense around eventually .... But he doesnt have a whole lot of talent to work with outside of DD , AJ and DC (probably Bush post draft). Derick Armstrong , Kendrick Starling , Donovan Morgan , Jerome Mathis and newly aquired Kevin Walter are the only recievers on the roster ....
That may be addition by subtraction in the case of Cory Bradford but they could use another reciever .... (Burleson?)

Its going to take some time to get this thing turned around .... Those of us who point out what we think are questionable decisions will continue to do so even after the team starts winning .... But at that point we will have less to question. :stirpot:

Grid said:

im not one of the "negative people". but i do remember a lot of people saying the same thing the last couple of offseasons. that the free agents we got were not big names. that we paid to much. our draft wasnt very good. we did nothing to fix the o-line. and then there were the people who defended the coaches(like your doing now). turns out all those negative people were right on target.

im just stating the other side of the arguement. im actually with you. i wanted kubiak to come here and now i will support him and his staff. he should get at least 2 years to show us some improvement. especially if you were one of the ones that wanted him here. and i know the majority of us wanted kubiak. so lets give him a chance.

I read your article twice, not because I have alot of time to waste, but I needed to, in order to understand you better. Grid, I think you did a great job presenting your story. Sure, we always will have negative comments by fans, however, the fact of the matter is we need to support the newly developed coaching staff, and by the time FA and the Draft is complete, the Houston Texans will have a different look.

I read your article twice, not because I have alot of time to waste, but I needed to, in order to understand you better. Grid, I think you did a great job presenting your story. Sure, we will always have negative comments by fans, however, the fact of the matter is, we need to support the newly developed coaching staff, and by the time FA and the Draft is complete, the Houston Texans will have a different look. I'm sure the Super Bowl is not what everyone is thinking, but improvement is. Maybe 7-9, 8-8, or better. Now, that would be an improvement. Fans, just give it a chance and support your team. They really do need you as well, after all you are the 12th player on the field.

Grid said:

Damn Grid I only got thirty minutes to spar. It took me 15 minutes to read and digest. We need a word Cap.
:homer:

zeplin said:
Damn Grid I only got thirty minutes to spar. It took me 15 minutes to read and digest. We need a word Cap.
:homer:

Yes, but there would have to be a way to break that rule or snyder would never post here......

Grid said:

Man, I wish I'd have read this post before I read your first post.......... :redtowel:

I know you've mentioned that people should give our new crew some space, a little faith.......... but in all honesty, I can see where some folks would say.... no...... they've been quite long enough.

This offseason, I'm not upset..... I'm okay with what we've done....... I don't know who Nate Burleson is, I don't know who Weaver is..... But we've got a few guys who are behind them, so I'm cool. Weaver is not what I wanted , I want someone who'll challenge the single season sack record....... but Kubes........ says he is the man we need, against the run.
I'm okay with that, we need help against the run too.

But I can totally understand if someone was looking at our Oline, and seeing many familiar faces.......

I mean week after week, year after year, the "experts" on this board are telling us the Offensive line is the problem. The media is telling us...... "the Texans need a new line."

I can understand some people beeing upset, and short on patience.

Kaiser Toro said:
I can't lie as I read, skimmed and browsed it. We all need some football to start and a group shot of whiskey.

YES WE DO! :ok: Rather have some Capt. Morgan though.

Bobby 119C

I think what will make or break the Texans this year is how well they draft.

Too bad about Givens. He was one that I thought they'd sign.

Back