Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

A little ESPN tidbit about Koobs

the wonger need food said:
"Finally, Texans backs are finding a few holes to run through."

Just more ignorance from the national media...

Good God... I actually agree with you for once.

the wonger need food said:
"Finally, Texans backs are finding a few holes to run through."

Just more ignorance from the national media...

Yeah, I totally agree with this. The national media really sucks!!:hunter:

I just think it's more respectful to say the entire name. It means they are somebody. You don't do any of the following...

You don't call:

Peyton Manning.....Mann
Troy Aikman....Aik
Andre Johnson....John
Mario Williams....Will

....just for a few examples

jparrish said:
I just think it's more respectful to say the entire name. It means they are somebody. You don't do any of the following...

You don't call:

Peyton Manning.....Mann
Troy Aikman....Aik
Andre Johnson....John
Mario Williams....Will

....just for a few examples

or Terrell Owen T.O.

Does anyone else notice the way John McClain pronounces ''Kubiak"? It really gets on my nerves he says it like kyoobiak.

We never get any respect from the national media, but we will. They are talking about us, but sort of under their breath still. And ESPN can shove it. They are horrendous. I have the Steelers/Philadelphia game on right now, and they were talking about Reggie Bush still. Please.......try to go forward ESPN.:respect:

Do all other boards have their own smilies like we do? Just wondering.

Texanfan4ever said:
:respect:

Do all other boards have their own smilies like we do? Just wondering.

Some, but not as cool as ours (even though I don't use them much).

Everyone who likes them should give a big shout out (and hit her with some rep) to Khari--the queen of the smilies.

Warning--be nice or she will ban you.

RTP2110 said:
Does anyone else notice the way John McClain pronounces ''Kubiak"? It really gets on my nerves he says it like kyoobiak.

Well, I hate to tell you this but... that's the way Kubiak pronounced his own name on the commercial on the NFL Network. I think that's the way it supposed to be pronounced.

Bullpen Drew said:

The Texans have never had problems running the ball ever since they got Davis, so I don't have any idea of what this blurb is referring to. In fact, I recall that a lot of so-called "Texans fans" complained when the team did exactly that, referring to it as being "too conservative." Besides, exhibition football doesn't mean squat. Oh, and the name is "Kubiak" according to the article. Not "koobs."

The Pencil Neck said:
Well, I hate to tell you this but... that's the way Kubiak pronounced his own name on the commercial on the NFL Network. I think that's the way it supposed to be pronounced.

Ah man i thought it was COObiak not Qbiak!!! o well you learn something new every day:shades:

texflex513 said:
Ah man i thought it was COObiak not Qbiak!!! o well you learn something new every day:shades:

I was surprised, too. Everyone pronounces it as COObiak and so did I. I thought that was why people were calling him Kubes (like cubes) because that's the way he pronounces it. Coobs doesn't make sense. :)

Back