Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

4th round Commentary Thread

Frak The Jags said:
I'd trade down and get 2 in the 4th or get a 4th and back into the 5th (since we gave that to Buffalo). There is a lot of talent still there:twocents:

Broncos, Browns, Jets, Eagles have 2 4th round picks.

4th - Leon Williams, MLB from Miami, to be groomed to replace Cowart.
-We could also trade this pick to go back 10-15 picks for an extra 5th rounder.

5th-Greg Eslinger if he is still available, or Patrick Ross if not.

6th and 7th-BPA

bdiddy said:
4th - Leon Williams, MLB from Miami, to be groomed to replace Cowart.
-We could also trade this pick to go back 10-15 picks for an extra 5th rounder.

5th-Greg Eslinger if he is still available, or Patrick Ross if not.

6th and 7th-BPA

We do not own a 5th rounder this year.

champ1234 said:
I'm a big fan of picking Ko with this pick, but we also have a couple more options:

Pat Watkins S (trade down and get a 5th along with this selection, DON'T
pick with 1st pick in the 4th)
Demetrius Williams WR (Possible future EMO replacement, one of best WR in
draft)

I agree. All of them, including Ko were left on Kipers BPA list.

Daniels was not a on my radar, but he obviously fits Kubiak's system. C'mon Cass trade someone, there is plenty of value left.

HeroTime said:
He was the second string TE on the Badgers.
He was the pass catching TE for the Badgers, the other TE was in there as a blocker, but when you wanted to pass, you throw it to Owen.

I watched PLENTY of Badger games, believe me, he's a good pick.

Youngstown Colt said:
He was the pass catching TE for the Badgers, the other TE was in there as a blocker, but when you wanted to pass, you throw it to Owen.

Well isn't that Putzier...they said they wanted more of a combo, not a pass catcher.

Youngstown Colt said:

So he is Billy Miller? A TE that can't block?

He wasn't the second string TE for the Badgers. ESPN rated him the No. 9 TE in the draft. He is a receiver and if you like Jeb Putzier, you will like this guy too. He isn't a big, physical blocking TE, but more of a receiver. Like I said, he is another Putzier and that isnt bad.

I posted this in another thread:

The only thing I don't like about Daniels is that he has already had 2 surgeries on his left knee. If he stays healthy, a very good pass catching tight end. Kubiak likes to use the tight end. Jeb is good, but we need more than 1 good tight end on the team.

Would I have prefered Ko? Yes, but I can't fault this pick other than to say they may have been able to trade down and still get him.

Mailman04 said:
He wasn't the second string TE for the Badgers. ESPN rated him the No. 9 TE in the draft. He is a receiver and if you like Jeb Putzier, you will like this guy too. He isn't a big, physical blocking TE, but more of a receiver. Like I said, he is another Putzier and that isnt bad.
Actually yes he was the 2nd string TE. He came in on passing downs.

Mightymike said:
this guy has torn his acl in the same knee twice

That isn't good...Corey Rodgers of TCU goes to the Packers...Bing, Ko and others go. I'be like the picks so far but the random TE doesn't fit.

Back