Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Hope he's more impressive looking on the field.

I don't know why he looks so small

DevierPosey.jpg

6'1" 210lbs???

Yeah, me too. I thought the tennis ball thing was pretty cool, and a pretty good idea.

What also impressed me was when he said he got that idea from working with Chris Carter. To me that said this dude puts in work and has learned from one of the greatest.

Compared to Posey (measured 6'2", at the Combine....but shrunk to 6'1" by the time he reached the Texans), this is the highest I've seen Jacoby (measured 6'2 5/8" at the Combine......but grew to 6'3" by the time he reached the Texans) jump. Try finding anything that trumps him bumping butt with AJ........including the latter celebration that managed to booger up his knee for a while.:kubepalm:

Andre+Johnson+Jacoby+Jones+Houston+Texans+OCWLM8QryTll.jpg

Andre+Johnson+Jacoby+Jones+Houston+Texans+kP2l2_QlyUZl.jpg

Compared to Posey (measured 6'2", at the Combine....but shrunk to 6'1" by the time he reached the Texans), this is the highest I've seen Jacoby (measured 6'2 5/8" at the Combine......but grew to 6'3" by the time he reached the Texans) jump. Try finding anything that trumps him bumping butt with AJ........including the latter celebration that managed to booger up his knee for a while.:kubepalm:

At 230 lbs AJ had a 41" vertical. JJ had a 34" at 210 lbs.

Yea, my main worry as a fan is he's so short that he'll never be able to catch balls against tall NFL defenders.

In general , CB's are shorter, quicker guy's .... not a whole lot of "Big corners"

And that pic shows good ability to get up and go get it ....

Maybe because he's leaning forward while also bent/squatted down???

:obvious:

I didn't say he looked short, I said small.

At 6'1" 210, he should look pretty stout. I'm thinking he's probably taller than 6'1" or weighs less than 210.

dp1.jpg

If this guy is 6'1" he looks like he's 185-190 tops.

At 6'1" 210, he should look pretty stout. I'm thinking he's probably taller than 6'1" or weighs less than 210.

dp1.jpg

We will just trust your eyes over the scales measured by professionals at the combine. his pro day and the Houston Texans. :shades:

dp1.jpg

Yeah he does look kind of small to be 210...Andre is about 220-230ish? And he seems to be much bigger...

I haven't seen them side by side, so maybe it's just the picture or maybe he's not really 210....I agree that that in that picture he looks like he's at or just under 200...

8071935e3354c8988719b534915ce59d-getty-144977185.jpg

ThomasCampbell-Phoblographer064.jpg

bb23416.jpg

He is walking near Walter (6'3" 217 pounds)

dsc_0040.jpg

With Andre the Terrorist.

220x.jpg

My professional opinion..........he's not overweight........:chef:

I'm 6' 0" and weighed 210 in college. I was pretty ripped even without lifting weights (yeah, metabolism was awesome back in the day). I was a steer wrestler, so I had a lot of exercise throwing steers to the ground both running alongside them as they exited the chute AND off a horse going 40 mph.

I am still 6' 0" but weight 230 now, 225 on a good day.

Posey, if he's 6' 1" and weighs 190'ish...he's tall/big enough to play against the vast majority of CB2's or nickel backs in the NFL. For what it's worth, I have never thought he was too small. Seemed to be about Kevin Walter stature to me.

He is walking near Walter (6'3" 217 pounds)

dsc_0040.jpg

My professional opinion..........he's not overweight........:chef:

I know it's just my eyes, & not a calibrated scale or anything that accurate.

But even here. Walter is 2" taller, 7 pounds heavier.... but looks thicker.

Posey must have some dense bones, but that doesn't explain his vertical leaping ability.

EDIT
Actually in this picture, he doesn't look 6'1"

I know it's just my eyes, & not a calibrated scale or anything that accurate.

But even here. Walter is 2" taller, 7 pounds heavier.... but looks thicker.

Posey must have some dense bones, but that doesn't explain his vertical leaping ability.

EDIT
Actually in this picture, he doesn't look 6'1"

Look at the definition of his calf muscles in the large photo. Look like they could do some damage. But, most people don't realize that calf muscles don't add that much to a player's ability to jump high. First of all, explosive high vertical jump is very commonly seen in "skinny" players. They have less body fat to move. The high vertical jumpers tend to be very blessed genetically with some common characteristics..........long Achilles tendons (look again at Posey's large pic above), long thighs, high muscle attachments (all of the aforementioned which lead to the greatest efficiency of transfer of energy)............. with coordination of very strong (not necessarily bulked) quad muscles, followed by hamstrings, glutes and, lastly, calf muscles.

Look at the definition of his calf muscles in the large photo. Look like they could do some damage. But, most people don't realize that calf muscles don't add that much to a player's ability to jump high. First of all, explosive high vertical jump is very commonly seen in "skinny" players. They have less body fat to move. The high vertical jumpers tend to be very blessed genetically with some common characteristics..........long Achilles tendons (look again at Posey's large pic above), long thighs, high muscle attachments (all of the aforementioned which lead to the greatest efficiency of transfer of energy)............. with coordination of very strong (not necessarily bulked) quad muscles, followed by hamstrings, glutes and, lastly, calf muscles.

Yeah. During the Combine one year, Deion was saying the thin calves thing was actually what you look for in a fast guy who can jump.

I've known a couple of guys with thick calves with a vertical but lots of times (with the people I know), thick calves seem to correlate to people who've had weight issues at some point. The calf muscles seem to grow with lots of volume work and being overweight and walking a lot seems to be the best way to grow them. Lots of bodybuilders moan about their lack of calf development but most of those guys have been relatively light for the majority of their lives.

Oops. Sorry. Pushed a button...

Back