Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2024 Schedule

That seems like the mentality OB's Texans had. Being good enough to take advantage of a weak division and make the playoffs, but never a true playoff caliber team.

I don't care about being good enough to win a crappy division. I want to be competitive in the 2nd season. OB's Texans were never a 2nd season contender. Not sure the 2023 Texans are either, especially with all of the injuries. We'll soon find out. I do think they've got the wheels in motion to get there though. They're going to play in an AFCCG soon. If 7 stays healthy of course.

They never had the depth on the roster to overcome injuries like they have this season..

Great work by Caserio to fill in the holes.

This is going to be a murderous schedule

Home
Jags
Colts
Titans
Bills
Dolphins
Bears
Lions
Ravens

Away
Jags
Colts
Titans
Vikings
Packers
Patriots
Jets
Chiefs
Cowboys *

*Unless Cowboys lose to Washington today and Eagles win at Giants. Then Texans would play at Philly.
I say, the schedule is what it is. I'm excited for the challenge

I’ve seen the leaked Texans schedule but can’t 100% confirm it, therefore haven’t posted it. Assuming this leak is correct we open at home vs. the Titans. 5 primetime affairs. Sunday night game vs Bills. I think week 5. . Another snf game later in the season, a Monday night game, a Thursday night game…and you guessed it…Thanksgiving day vs. Dallas. Bye week is week 10 if I recall. I’m not posting details because like I said I’ve tried but cannot 100% confirm.

I’ve seen the leaked Texans schedule but can’t 100% confirm it, therefore haven’t posted it. Assuming this leak is correct we open at home vs. the Titans. 5 primetime affairs. Sunday night game vs Bills. I think week 5. . Another snf game later in the season, a Monday night game, a Thursday night game…and you guessed it…Thanksgiving day vs. Dallas. Bye week is week 10 if I recall. I’m not posting details because like I said I’ve tried but cannot 100% confirm.
There is nothing you posted that contradicts the information that have seen in the links posted and elsewhere that I seen,

Edit: Saw a Giants versus Cowboys rumor on Thanksgiving

Last edited:
There is nothing you posted that contradicts the information that have seen in the links posted and elsewhere that I seen,

Edit: Saw a Giants versus Cowboys rumor on Thanksgiving
I'm not a fan of division games on a short week. Those games are difficult enough to begin with.

I hate holiday games with the heat of 10,000 suns. Moreso when it's my team playing. I can't pay attention for ****. There's so much going on and since my family is now older than dirt...the onus of making Christmas dinner will mostly fall on me with a little help. Then the cleanup, the gift opening, kids running around, etc. TV probably won't even be on for most of it. I'd just record it, but I know for a fact my nephews will be like, can you put it on, even if it's on low volume so we don't miss it. Which I'd rather not. If I'm going to record it, I don't want to know anything about it at all until I can sit down and actually pay attention. I need a therapist stat!

You probably need better sources.
KC and Baltimore at the end will be tough games.
Tough for the Chiefs and Ravens. These will be the games that will determine the #1 seed.

I am pumped for this season. So many great games. Do not like going to New Jersey on a short week. But at least the Texans won't have to face Zach Wilson. :kitten:

I'm counting 6(!) primetime games leaked for the Texans so far.

Week 2 vs Chicago - SNF
Week 9 at NY Jets - TNF, Halloween
Week 10 vs Detroit - SNF
Week 11 at Dallas - MNF
Week 16 at Kansas City - Saturday
Week 17 vs Baltimore - Christmas

The Stroud Effect.
That’s exactly what it is…Jesus. These guys are gonna have to really show up this year…

Fuckin A I hate primeitme games but I guess it comes with the territory.

Three straight of them, Jets on Halloween then Lions on 11/10 and then Dallas 11/18? Ugh.

And then ******* @ Arrowhead 12/21 and Baltimore on the 25th. Cool story bro. I hate Christmas Day football. Unnecessary. And on Netflix streaming garbage too.

Well it's a tough schedule. Let's go roll 'em.

I miss my regularly scheduled noon kickoff but this is the price of (expected) success…

Right! Couldn't give a rat's ass about prime time but whatever. The only way it's kinda OK in my world is I'll get to see a lot more red zone this year.

Thursday games were bad enough but ******* Wednesday football?? Sheesh!

Most regulars should get a bye in week 9. I really don't want to see any Texan playing on that surface.

Schedule looks pretty tough but if the Texans are going to take that step, they need to get where they're the tough game on those tough team's schedules. Playing KC and Baltimore in a 5 day span though ... brutal. And yeah, like the Browns Christmas eve game last year, probably not going to get to see much of the Ravens game.

And how the hell are byes lasting til week 14?

It's a great schedule! I can't imagine it being put together better for the Texans. Here are some reasons why:

1. 1st week game at Indy (Richardson's 1st game in almost a year)... great timing for our away game at Indy
2. Home opener is also the 1st primetime game in years... crowd will be INSANE. great advantage for week 2
3. week 3 at Minnesota- good to get them early with rookie QB (but not so early that there isn't some tape on him and the offense)
4. I like that we have most of our weaker away opponents during the first two months of the season.
5. All of our short games are against opponents dealing with the same (or worse) turn around with only one exception (vs. Tennessee on 11/24 after the 11/18 Monday night game at Dallas)
6. And, we have a number of well timed extra long times between games (after 10/31 at NYJets, we get until 11/10 to play Detroit on SNF... also, after the 12/25 game vs. Baltimore, we have until the 1/5 game at Tennessee to prepare for what could be a vital game.
7. I love the late bye, before 3 very difficult , consecutive conference games.
8. Putting 3 prime time games consecutively in the middle of the season limits the disruptiveness of all those prime time games being scattered throughout the season..
9. I don't see any terrible stretch of road games or any other scheduling flaw that could be problematic.

I think playing 3 AFC playoff contenders - and 2 AFC championship contenders - in Miami, KC, and Baltimore over the coarse of just 10 days might qualify..
It is tough... but the scheduling makes those games a little less daunting, because:
A. we get a bye week right before.
B. we have the difficult 4 day turn around when we play Baltimore... but it is to our advantage because we are the home team. Also, Baltimore's game the week before is a late game (ours is at noon) and against Pittsburgh.
C. then, we get 10 days off before an away divisional opponent... lots of breaks in the schedule late in the year is very good!

Damn why so much Prime time hate? I personally love Prime time games, there is just a different feel and atmosphere about it that makes it feel a little more special to me.

Plus a Christmas game... I have 5 soon to be 6 kids. If I can stall a little bit I could get by without having to be Bob the builder all day!

Damn why so much Prime time hate? I personally love Prime time games, there is just a different feel and atmosphere about it that makes it feel a little more special to me.

Plus a Christmas game... I have 5 soon to be 6 kids. If I can stall a little bit I could get by without having to be Bob the builder all day!
I hate prime time games because I'm in the eastern time zone. I can't tell you the last time I was awake at midnight.

football gods has blessed us. run through ok teams early on and build up confidence to crush kc and a weakened baltimore roster. Serious chance Texans could be undefeated heading into week 9 vs jets. also like that our bye week is towards the end of the season

If that schedule is correct then playing Baltimore and KC late season then if all goes well having to repeat a few weeks later in the playoffs is a serious right of passage moment for this young team.

No games on FOX. I bet that doesn't happen often. Week 18 @ Titans still TBD but probably not FOX.

Texans have never beaten the Vikings or Eagles. They have a chance to correct one of those in Week 3 @ Vikings.

Challenging schedule but not for a good team.

Back