Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2024 Draft Talk

i don't know what is worse, for Saints to get kool or if he 's at 42 and Nick goes elsewhere.
2.42 CB KoolAide McKinstry once considered best corner in draft. I think his passes defensed dropped due to teams throwing away from him (15 down to 7). His team mate & my favorite Terrion Arnold with 12 in 2023. Arnold availability here will of course depend on at least 2 teams taking others. I have odds of him being at 42 behind Newton. Arnold considered "safer" pick but Kool possibly has higher ceiling playing opposite Sting.

2.59 LB Peyton Wilson great size at blinding speed with good skills & abilities.
  • Wilson, meanwhile, claimed the 2023 Butkus (best linebacker) and Bednarik (top defensive player) awards. He was a unanimous All-American selection and the 2023 ACC Defensive Player of the Year after he logged 138 total tackles, including a conference-best 17.5 for a loss.
www.msn.com › en-us › sports

3.86 RB Blake Corum remained in back of mind no matter who I mocked here. He makes touch downs. Many touch downs. Very strong with 225 x 30 + his shuttle & 3 cone were good. Slippery with plug and play in all offensive schemes. He needs refinement in PB but is willing and this season CJ will not need it as much. A difference maker putting points on board; a lot of points. *If CB not taken by here, I would take one.

4.123 WR Brenden Rice another player who keeps saying "pick me!" Allows coaches time to have Rice develop behind our starters. If he is half of his dad, he is a keeper.

4.127 OT Javon Foster may be a bit high but if Howard goes out; I think Foster could beat out Heck before season out.

6.188 DT Khristian Boyd may be too low for him but I did see a mock with him round 6. I realize most are clamoring for a higher selection for this position but value + what we have now; it can wait.

6.189 CB Decamerion Richardson by Ian Cummings a possible diamond.

Decamerion Richardson’s Draft Profile and Measurements​

• Height: 6’2 1/4″
  • Weight: 188 pounds
  • Length: 32 3/8″
  • Wingspan: 77 7/8″
  • Hand: 8 7/8″
  • Position: Cornerback
  • School: Mississippi State
  • Current Year: Senior
Prospect evaluation is ultimately about projecting what players can be. And in that exercise, Richardson stands out as a high-potential investment for NFL teams to consider.

Richardson first joined the Mississippi State Bulldogs as a three-star recruit in 2020, joining a defensive backfield that’s produced NFL talents like Martin Emerson and Emmanuel Forbes.

In his third year, Richardson saw his first full-time starting action, amassing 85 tackles, a tackle for loss, and three pass breakups in 2022. In 2023, he reached a career-high seven pass breakups and declared for the 2024 NFL Draft with eligibility remaining.

Richardson sometimes gets lost in the 2024 NFL Draft class, but all of the physical tools are there, and at its best moments, the tape is extremely compelling. At the NFL Combine, Richardson reaffirmed that potential with a 4.34-second 40-yard dash, a 6.96 three-cone, a 35″ vertical, and a 10’8″ vertical.

All of the measurements and testing numbers tell of unmatched upside with Richardson — but are there silver linings on the tape to warrant taking him early in the 2024 NFL Draft? That’s what we’re here to discuss.
this is like a kick in my gut, Can not blame Nick for standing.

Back