Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2024 Draft Prospects

If you are talking WR and Marvin Harrison Jr. isn't at the top of that list, you clearly have not watched him.
He defines the saying, "Men among boys" and "Generational talent", which I don't use nearly as often as the talking heads.
His father obviously spent a lot of time letting him know the in's and out's of being a WR as well.

Look at the comments from the Ohio State pro day, where Harrison was running routes for Stroud.
- “I caught myself watching Harrison today — and not the guys I should have been watching”. “He’s not pretty good. He’s comically good.”
- “I don’t know, Harrison is so good, I can probably just skip pro day here next year. I think we all saw enough today.”

I don't think that's my Buckeye homerism coming through either. The kid is truly a beast.
Other players? You mean other Buckeyes?

Ok, that last part was homerish. A little... maybe.
Sorry, I just love my Buckeyes !!

The best comment was the unidentified coach that said watching Harrison was like window shopping at a Lamborghini dealership and ogling the model that doesn't come out until next year.

Having the Browns completely fail this year would be optimal for a few reasons.
#1. I hate them.
#2. The higher the Texans pick the better.
#3. Pairing Stroud and MHJ again would be as epic as Burrow and Chase.

I realize your #1 might not be same as mine...

I'm going to speak to a Jamaican voodoo witch to see what she can do to Cleveland's season.

MJH is a pipe dream.
But, otoh, Emeka Egbuka is a real possibility.

Emeka has been overshadowed the past two years by JSN and Marvin. As of last year (1st year starter) he's still in need of working on his route running. CJ got charged with an interception after Emeka screwed up bigly on a timing route and went the opposite direction. I'm not sure about Emeka's football IQ. In any event, this is his third year and the all-important money year. Hopefully he and Marvin can feed off one another. The bad news is trying to replace CJ and while we have quality QB's in the system there is no "replacing" him. As well, we lost both starting OT's and our center. I expect our passing attack to fall down a notch but I'll be thrilled to be wrong!

Reactions: JB
Emeka Egbuka should be a viable draft prospect for Texans/Stroud in next year’s NFL Draft first round. Jr, is pure fantasy. The run on WR started with pick #20 (Njigba) this past draft which should be roughly area Brownies/Texans select. Not quite size of Quentin Johnston, but even faster and good YAC. Will have to see what other dire position needs expose themselves but definitely a good WR target next draft.

Emeka Egbuka should be a viable draft prospect for Texans/Stroud in next year’s NFL Draft first round. Jr, is pure fantasy. The run on WR started with pick #20 (Njigba) this past draft which should be roughly area Brownies/Texans select. Not quite size of Quentin Johnston, but even faster and good YAC. Will have to see what other dire position needs expose themselves but definitely a good WR target next draft.

Emeka is very good but still has work to do.

Malik Nabers had a very good yr last yr.

Johnny Wilson is a bih Ole fast guy. Match-up nightmare.

Pay site

Who are is this guy's top 10 sleepers?
With that in mind, we polled more than 15 scouts and execs from around the league to build a list of 10 under-the-radar prospects for the 2024 class. These aren't guys you'll see in our early first-round mock drafts, and they aren't guys being discussed often by the media elsewhere. They are, however, sleepers who could catapult their way up draft boards this fall.
Devin Leary, QB, Kentucky
Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky
Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
De'Corian Clark, WR, UTSA
Mason McCormick, G, South Dakota State
Graham Barton, OT, Duke
Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
McKinnley Jackson, DT, Texas A&M
Curtis Jacobs, LB, Penn State
Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota

Not sure how power 5 players can be considered "sleepers". I thought Nubin would have been in the 2023 draft. He was productive (over 100 tackles, 7 INTs the past 2 seasons) and has good size at 6'2" 205 lbs. When he wasn't listed among the combine invites, searched and found he was coming back. In a weak safety class, I thought Nubin would have been a 2nd day pick.

Not sure how power 5 players can be considered "sleepers". I thought Nubin would have been in the 2023 draft. He was productive (over 100 tackles, 7 INTs the past 2 seasons) and has good size at 6'2" 205 lbs. When he wasn't listed among the combine invites, searched and found he was coming back. In a weak safety class, I thought Nubin would have been a 2nd day pick.
Possible heir to Jimmie Ward?

Florida State also got Keon Coleman as a transfer from Michigan State. It's very early in the process, but it wouldn't surprise me if Coleman was graded higher by the time the draft rolls around.
Thanks,

Did not know this.

I'm hoping for a stud TE, WR combo. But if Verse or a really good LB is there then I would be very happy. I haven't studied the 2024 lb class that closely. I've mainly studied the WR, TE classes. Also this appears to be a good class to pick an OT from.

I also like Edge Turner from Alabama a lot.

I'm hoping for a stud TE, WR combo. But if Verse or a really good LB is there then I would be very happy. I haven't studied the 2024 lb class that closely. I've mainly studied the WR, TE classes. Also this appears to be a good class to pick an OT from.

The linebacker class might be a little weak, but Jeremiah Trotter, Jr. appears to be the best prospect right now.

Man I would love Bowers, but he might already be gone. I like WR Odunze from UW in addition to Harrison.

It really depends on where the Browns end up. If they’re middle of the board Harrison and Bowers won’t be there. I’m for sure hoping DW doesn’t get back to form and the Browns end up at the bottom of their division. That would be the ideal scenario.

As far as edges go, I like Verse, Turner, and am intrigued about Chop Robinson from Penn St.

Unless Cleveland implodes, their draft pick is probably anywhere from #15-25, right? If so, it seems unlikely to get an elite defensive tackle from those spots.

I don't think Cleveland is good enough to end up in the playoffs, which means their draft pick (ours actually) won't be in the 20s. I predict more along the lines of between 12 and 15. Which, to your point, still isn't good enough to get an elite talent. Unless we get lucky of course.

Unless Cleveland implodes, their draft pick is probably anywhere from #15-25, right? If so, it seems unlikely to get an elite defensive tackle from those spots.

Which team in the AFC North is Cleveland better than? I see them as a 6-7 win team.

I don't think Cleveland is good enough to end up in the playoffs, which means their draft pick (ours actually) won't be in the 20s. I predict more along the lines of between 12 and 15. Which, to your point, still isn't good enough to get an elite talent. Unless we get lucky of course.

Agreed, unless Derrick breaks his freakin neck and the Texans get a top 5 pick.

It's fun, but so difficult to project. The best college players usually declare for the draft after only 3 years of college.

Aaron Donaldson went 13th so who knows.

I’ve got my idea for the 2024 RD1 Pick (CLE)…..maybe the Browns finish between 10-17 giving the Texans a fair shot at either:

1. WR Emeka Egbuka (Ohio State) 6-1 @ 205 lbs. A true WR1 that has some history with Stroud would be a massive plus for this offense. EE has the ability to take the top off defenses and is a strong route runner. I could easily be inclined to make a trade to ensure the Texans obtain his services.

2. TE Brock Bowers (Georgia) 6-4 @ 240 lbs. Could be the most talented TE to enter the draft in quite some time. He does it all and he’s extremely good at doing it all. If he pops a sub 4.5-40…..very good chance Caserio might be in the same boat as he could find himself in with Egbuka. Bowers would be a solid asset for this offense.

If both were close to the Texans pick…..which would you go after in a trade?

I’ve got my idea for the 2024 RD1 Pick (CLE)…..maybe the Browns finish between 10-17 giving the Texans a fair shot at either:

1. WR Emeka Egbuka (Ohio State) 6-1 @ 205 lbs. A true WR1 that has some history with Stroud would be a massive plus for this offense. EE has the ability to take the top off defenses and is a strong route runner. I could easily be inclined to make a trade to ensure the Texans obtain his services.

2. TE Brock Bowers (Georgia) 6-4 @ 240 lbs. Could be the most talented TE to enter the draft in quite some time. He does it all and he’s extremely good at doing it all. If he pops a sub 4.5-40…..very good chance Caserio might be in the same boat as he could find himself in with Egbuka. Bowers would be a solid asset for this offense.

I would LOVE Bowers! Plus he’s an all around TE that blocks and catches beautifully. He’d immediately improve our TE room and become a threat with Stroud throwing to him.

1. WR Emeka Egbuka (Ohio State) 6-1 @ 205 lbs.

2. TE Brock Bowers (Georgia) 6-4 @ 240 lbs.

Of the 2, if a trade is necessary then Bowers would be my target. I like Emeka but I wonder what's not being shared regarding his injury and/or surgery this past spring.

Because he's a difference maker.
I wouldn't move up for him because he's a tweener. I like his speed, he's a bit undersized for a TE, and his blocking is suspect. The staff whomever it may be has to use him primarily as a y flex. Very similar to Engram. Its too early to tell what part of the 1st rd he will be. Many thought Washington would be in the 1st rd even with his massive physical traits.

Because he's a difference maker.
I wouldn't move up for him because he's a tweener. I like his speed, he's a bit undersized for a TE, and his blocking is suspect. The staff whomever it may be has to use him primarily as a y flex. Very similar to Engram. Its too early to tell what part of the 1st rd he will be. Many thought Washington would be in the 1st rd even with his massive physical traits.
Shannon Sharpe 6'2" 228 lbs,
Brock Bowers 6'4" 230 lbs.

Shannon Sharpe 6'2" 228 lbs,
Brock Bowers 6'4" 230 lbs.
So we're comparing every tweener to Shay Shay who was a 6th rd pick?I'm sure you've seen Sharpe body even at 55,right? The best thing that happened to Sharpe was Shanny wasn't old school like Parcells and wanted his te 6'5 260 and an extended tackle. The right team matters with Bower, that's all I'm saying.

So we're comparing every tweener to Shay Shay who was a 6th rd pick?I'm sure you've seen Sharpe body even at 55,right? The best thing that happened to Sharpe was Shanny wasn't old school like Parcells and wanted his te 6'5 260 and an extended tackle. The right team matters with Bower, that's all I'm saying.
With professional S&C Bowers can easily add 10/15 Lbs. He's certainly got the frame for it. Personally I see Bowers as a better, less crazy Hernandez.

Very similar to Hernandez as a player. Guys uber talented and has enough size at 6'4 240 Lbs with room to put on more weight if needed. Dude's a stud.

With professional S&C Bowers can easily add 10/15 Lbs. He's certainly got the frame for it. Personally I see Bowers as a better, less crazy Hernandez.
He doesn't have a big frame too me. I think his speed is why people have these discussions. Adding 10/15 lbs is alot of weight to add and maintain speed. As long as he's a willing blocker, he will be ok. Nobody points to Kelce and brings up blocking 1st, its his shiftiness in space that makes him special. Gates, Sharpe, Gonzales, player in Indy who name I forgot, were special because they could run routes like a wr.

He doesn't have a big frame too me. I think his speed is why people have these discussions. Adding 10/15 lbs is alot of weight to add and maintain speed. As long as he's a willing blocker, he will be ok. Nobody points to Kelce and brings up blocking 1st, its his shiftiness in space that makes him special. Gates, Sharpe, Gonzales, player in Indy who name I forgot, were special because they could run routes like a wr.
Sounds likw you are contradicting yourself to me

Dallas Clark

This dude is better than Clark. IMHO.

Reactions: JB
The staff whomever it may be has to use him primarily as a y flex.
So? Use Bowers as a flex. He would be the #1 option on this team the day he arrives. Speed? Yes. Power? Yes. Hands? Yes. Agility? Yes. Bowers is like Allen Iverson. He's the Answer. He's the reason the Georgia offense has worked the past 2 years. Bowers is the best offensive player (lineman, RB, WR, TE, QB) Kirby Smart has ever had at Georgia.

Back