Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2021 Texans disarray or chugging along?

So we aren't including Watson's 7 rushing TDs? For a total of 33 TDs created? Tied for 4th in the league.

Of course, Roethlisberger would have doubled that. Even though Ben has had over 33 total TDs only twice in his 16 year career. BTW, Watson averages 2.2 TDs/game, thus far. Roethlisberger averages 1.7 TDs/game over his career. Which makes Roethlisberger the superior player. I guess.

How many of Watson’s total tds were rushing tds from within the opponents 5 yard line that any of 100 rbs in the league could’ve taken in? How many of his mediocre 26 passing tds were from the opponents 3 yard line to the te....when any other team in the league would have a rb take it in?

thats What I mean when I say he benefits from O’Brien’s system. It’s A college system that pads it’s qbs stats like he’s trying to win him the Heisman.

I’d say At least 1/3 of Watson’s total tds are tds that every other professional coach on the planet would be giving to their running back units.

And just as I thought, 10 of Watson’s 33 total touchdowns on the season were from the 4 yard line or closer. Whoop-de-do. Any qb in the league can do that, if their coach calls their number that often. There is zero special ability in those numbers.

Another thing I noticed about Watson when looking at his box score production: he sure doesn’t do s h * t when he faces a good defense. Probably 75 percent of his production was against bottom half defenses, or when the game was already out of reach.

sorry homers, but your quarterback is not elite. He’s not in the same galaxy as elite.

Last edited:
And just as I thought, 10 of Watson’s 33 total touchdowns on the season were from the 4 yard line or closer. Whoop-de-do. Any qb in the league can do that, if their coach calls their number that often. There is zero special ability in those numbers.

Another thing I noticed about Watson when looking at his box score production: he sure doesn’t do s h * t when he faces a good defense. Probably 75 percent of his production was against bottom half defenses, or when the game was already out of reach.

sorry homers, but your quarterback is not elite. He’s not in the same galaxy as elite.

Man we don’t care that you think he’s not. That’s your opinion now move on joker.

giphy.gif

So, inside the five, you expected an inconsistent, historically below average OL to turn into the 90s Cowboys OL and physically dominate and get a push against the DL? One of the biggest complaints about the Texans' offense is their predictable run game. Inside the 10, O'Brien goes against those tendencies and you are complaining?

Before placing significance on QBs and TD passes inside the five, take a look at Brady, Manning, and Brees and you would probably find their TD numbers inside the five yard line are comparable.

How many of Watson’s total tds were rushing tds from within the opponents 5 yard line that any of 100 rbs in the league could’ve taken in? How many of his mediocre 26 passing tds were from the opponents 3 yard line to the te....when any other team in the league would have a rb take it in?

thats What I mean when I say he benefits from O’Brien’s system. It’s A college system that pads it’s qbs stats like he’s trying to win him the Heisman.

I’d say At least 1/3 of Watson’s total tds are tds that every other professional coach on the planet would be giving to their running back units.

That is really incorrect. OB’s system is nothing like a/his college offense.

You need to go look at Watson’s first 6 games and understand that what the Texans were doing offensively was nothing short of spectacular. Watson was setting rookie records and the Texans had the number 1 scoring offense during this period. Oh.....that’s when OB modified his offense to accommodate parts of Watson’s Clemson’s offense. All the backward steps since then are the result of OB running“his” offense.

That’s your opinion. I can post videos of ex players, ex coaches and others calling him elite. So you might want to to get out more yourself.

Dude he is better than Dak. You don’t see Dak winning big time games like Watson . Watson doesn’t have the luxury of having a elite back and offensive line like Dak. Dallas is not being carried by Dak like the Houston are with Watson.

Come on Karl

What bigtime games has Watson won ?

By my count - he's 1-2 in those big games. (playoffs)

I'll give you One - the Buffalo playoff game.

The other two he and the team folded like a house of cards. One of those at home in a 21-7 loss to the Colts and the other …. 51-7 after being gifted with a 24-0 lead of which the defense & special teams was responsible for 17 of the 24.

We can expand upon that big games …. They had 3 chances last year to take control of the #1 or #2 seed in the AFC last season …. they went 0-3 in those games losing two of them to sub .500 teams in Carolina and Denver - the 3rd was the shellacking Baltimore put on them 41-7.

Big games ….

You need to get out more then. Your very own Sean Pendergast made this comment:

“Watson is the top NFL commodity on the planet”

Whether you want to admit it or not, Watson is not, nor is he capable of being, an elite NFL quarterback. He’s about as good as Dak Prescott.....which is fine. But not elite.

Quoted for truth

The other two he and the team folded like a house of cards. One of those at home in a 21-7 loss to the Colts and the other …. 51-7 after being gifted with a 24-0 lead of which the defense & special teams was responsible for 17 of the 24.

We can expand upon that big games …. They had 3 chances last year to take control of the #1 or #2 seed in the AFC last season …. they went 0-3 in those games losing two of them to sub .500 teams in Carolina and Denver - the 3rd was the shellacking Baltimore put on them 41-7.

Big games ….

If you don’t know then there’s no need to talk about it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...y-texans-in-2020-hopes-to-meet-in-super-bowl/ via http://cbssportsapp.com

"I know that personally from him, from knowing him over the years. Deshaun's an elite quarterback. The best quarterback I ever got a chance to play with -- so far. He's able to make players better, and I'm pretty sure that that's what he's going to do. He's going to rally his team up to help them win. I wish him nothing but the best."

This is from a player that's actually playing the game.

Wait... the Watson critics mantra was previously that the BOB EP system is too complex for Watson. But now you're saying, BOB's system is too easy for QBs?

So only the games the Texans lost were "Big games"? New England wasn't a big game. Winning in KC (in the regular season) wasn't a big game? Winning in Tennessee to nail down a playoff berth wasn't a big game? I need help figuring out which game was big and which was small?

Not to mention the "big games" like the Eagles game in 2018, where DW had a huge game and put his team in position to win... but the defense couldn't do their part of the job.

Another thing I noticed about Watson when looking at his box score production: he sure doesn’t do s h * t when he faces a good defense.
For those that don't pull BS out of their arse...

Watson and the Texans vs top 10 defenses in 2019:
Record: 3-1
Passing yards: 1,018
TD passes: 7
TD runs: 1

Prorated that over 16 games: 12-4 record, 4,072 passing yards, 28 TD passes, 4 rushing TDs.

Pretty much exactly what Watson does against every other defense he plays. @KarlK, have you ever actually looked up the numbers when you're making up these BS assertions?

Touchdown comparison over the last 3 seasons between Watson, Mahomes & Brees.

Watson regular season 2017 - 2019 TDs.

71 Passing
14 Rushing
----------
85 Total TDs in 38 Games
Average 2.2 TDs (rushing & passing) per game

Mahomes regular season 2017 - 2019 TDs.

76 Passing
04 Rushing
----------
80 Total TDs in 31 Games
Average 2.5 TDs (rushing & passing) per game

Brees regular season 2017 - 2019 TDs.

82 Passing
07 Rushing
----------
89 Total TDs in 42 Games
Average 2.1 TDs (rushing & passing) per game

I did not check but I suspect that most of Brees rushing TDs came within the 5 yard line. What an overrated sorry bast*** (I actually think Brees is one of the best to ever play the game).

Not to mention the "big games" like the Eagles game in 2018, where DW had a huge game and put his team in position to win... but the defense couldn't do their part of the job.

Add the Patriots, Saints, and Seahawks games in which Watson put his team in position to win. Unfortunately the defense couldn’t stop those teams with less than a minute to play in each of those games.

I was going to ask for a link because he seemed to start with something Pendergast mentioned and then it appeared a butterfly distracted him and he just threw something against the wall.
Wait can we pursue the butterfly thing? I like butterflies. I made pancakes for breakfast and knocked the butter container off counter and butter flied. I saw a tree frog on my patio door last week. I don't like frogs but tree frogs are ok. Has anyone noticed that early model Pontiac Firebirds had rear ends sort of like bullfrogs? Fire birds were named after the legendary Phoenix bird and at one time Pontiac also made a car called Phoenix but it was not made in Arizona. There is a tea called Arizona tea but I never tried it but I do like tea. Not tee times as I do not play golf but I do wear tee shirts although with warm weather here not hear I often just wear shorts and no shirt.

Big games ….
Lol!

So only the games the Texans lost were "Big games"? New England wasn't a big game. Winning in KC (in the regular season) wasn't a big game? Winning in Tennessee to nail down a playoff berth wasn't a big game? I need help figuring out which game was big and which was small?

I conceded the Buffalo game which they won.

There's nothing bigger than an elimination game. Watson has played in three as a Texan.
In two of those he and the team have walked away losers and Watson did little to nothing to alter the outcome.
The Colts game at home …. only two redzone trips the entire game, one meaningless 4th quarter score.

The Chiefs game - losing after being spotted a 24-0 lead with the defense and special teams being responsible for 17 of those points. Watson and the offense posted one more score while the Chiefs ripped off 51 in 3 quarters.
Blame the defense ? Sure they got their asses handed to them but Watson did nothing to help, Can't get a first down , can't mount a time consuming drive …. they rolled over and he's the leader of that bunch.

The defense gave up a historical 7 straight touchdowns and this dude is still trying to place blame on Watson. Bump the fact that our running game was nonexistent 44 yards from Hyde and 11 yards from Duke. Oh how about the beautiful play calling by Bill O’Brien? Why not use your safety in a trick play hoping to fool the defense. Not only that, we all knew darn well Reid wasn’t even 80%. Yes the creativity .

I conceded the Buffalo game which they won.

There's nothing bigger than an elimination game. Watson has played in three as a Texan.
In two of those he and the team have walked away losers and Watson did little to nothing to alter the outcome.
The Colts game at home …. only two redzone trips the entire game, one meaningless 4th quarter score.

The Chiefs game - losing after being spotted a 24-0 lead with the defense and special teams being responsible for 17 of those points. Watson and the offense posted one more score while the Chiefs ripped off 51 in 3 quarters.
Blame the defense ? Sure they got their asses handed to them but Watson did nothing to help, Can't get a first down , can't mount a time consuming drive …. they rolled over and he's the leader of that bunch.

Here comes the it's all BOB's fault crowd.

BTW, DW4 was bad against Buffalo too.

Last edited:
The defense gave up a historical 7 straight touchdowns and this dude is still trying to place blame on Watson. Bump the fact that our running game was nonexistent 44 yards from Hyde and 11 yards from Duke. Oh how about the beautiful play calling by Bill O’Brien? Why not use your safety in a trick play hoping to fool the defense. Not only that, we all knew darn well Reid wasn’t even 80%. Yes the creativity .

What did Watson do to alter the outcome ?

And what did Bill Obrien do to alter the outcome? What did RAC do to stop the bleeding? Yall always trying to pin this crap on a very young Watson but it was a team collapse.

So what you are saying by not answering is …. You got nothing.

Yes , it was a team failure and Watson is part of that team - He failed , they all failed.

Comparing him to MJ is unfair to both of them.

Yes , it was a team failure and Watson is part of that team - He failed , they all failed.

Quoted for truth

In no way should DW4 ever be compared to MJ. These are the type of comparisons that make me realize some DW4 fans badly need a reality check.

Watson will be just fine if and when the team can stay healthy.....especially all of his new weapons on offense. Over the past 3 seasons we could all see the difference in Watson when Fuller was healthy enough to be that other threat that defenses had to take serious.

I'm curious to see how OB and Kelly plan to deploy these new toys and how they plan to use the TE's this season. If they come into this season with the same ol'-same ol' on offense.....then it isn't really going to matter who the weapons are on offense. OB and Kelly will have failed this team and the fans.

Right? Forget that Butt Chin himself killed the momentum we had with two of the worst play calls by a head coach/OC in recent memory. Not to mention a pretty bad defense. But, no. Watson is the problem...

I said the entire team collapse correct. That mean all of them failed together. Trying to pin this on one player is ludicrous. To keep bringing up this 51-7 whenever Watson is brought up is asinine at best. The play calling/ game plan was atrocious but you guys are only focused on Watson’s play, WHY?

Man Dabo started that MJ stuff. That’s his opinion and he had his reasons since he coached him. Only a small few of people has ran with that comment.

Last edited:
I said a team collapse correct. That mean that all failed together. Trying to pin this on one player is ludicrous. To keep bringing up this 51-7 whenever Watson is brought up is asinine at best. The play calling/ game plan was atrocious but you guys are only focused on Watson’s play, WHY?

Because we are comparing DW4's leadership during tough times to those leadership skills of Mahomes. The stark contrasts were evident in that game.

Because we are comparing DW4's leadership during tough times to those leadership skills of Mahomes. The stark contrasts were evident in that game.

This doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Coaching is what really set those two teams apart. One team KC were well coached and made the necessary adjustments. Bill O’Brien got out coached again. He killed the team’s momentum with his bone headed play calling and the embarrassment begun. The Texans defense couldn’t mount up any pressure after that and Pat and his weapons took full advantage. That skit had nothing to do with leadership by Pat.

This doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Coaching is what really set those two teams apart. One team KC were well coached and made the necessary adjustments. Bill O’Brien got out coached again. He killed the team’s momentum with his bone headed play calling and the embarrassment begun. The Texans defense couldn’t mount up any pressure after that and Pat and his weapons took full advantage. That skit had nothing to do with leadership by Pat.

What does the defense getting exploited or Pat and his weapons taking full advantage have to do with Watson doing …. nothing.

That was a typical Watson / OB game in that they were boom or bust. It's either a big play or they give the ball back one way or another.

That's been the nature of the offense with Watson / OB - I've mentioned multiple times before how few sustained drives that resulted in paydirt they put together for the season - that would be 9 which is 0.6 per game while they scored 42 TD's for the season (the 15 Watson played) - 2.8 per game.

Back to the blaming BOB for everything. I'm seeing that, yes BOB got outcoached (They were very lucky to have that lead in the 1st place with the fumbles/dropped passes by the Chiefs on 3rd downs etc...) But also even before adjustments were made and things were going all wrong for the Chiefs, Mahomes did what true leaders do, he gathered the offense together and passionately told the guys that the game wasn't over and if they all did their jobs they would win that game. I've seen Brady do this 1,000 times.

I didn't see this type of leadership from DW4 when things started going bad for the Texans. A good time to show this type of leadership would've been right after the Carter fumble. (God I hope Carter isn't the KR/PR next yr.)

What does the defense getting exploited or Pat and his weapons taking full advantage have to do with Watson doing …. nothing.

That was a typical Watson / OB game in that they were boom or bust. It's either a big play or they give the ball back one way or another.

That's been the nature of the offense with Watson / OB - I've mentioned multiple times before how few sustained drives that resulted in paydirt they put together for the season - that would be 9 which is 0.6 per game while they scored 42 TD's for the season (the 15 Watson played) - 2.8 per game.

I’ve already responded to this in that post. Momentum is very important in football. Once we gave them that , there was nothing Watson could do stop the bleeding. In the first meeting KC were up 17-3 in the first quarter. Then the momentum shifted and our Texans outscored them 20-0 in the 2nd quarter and 27-8 throughout the rest of the game. Why: one main reason Hyde had 116 yards rushing, Watson 42 yards and Johnson chipped in with 34. We controlled the time of possession and KC couldn’t recover.

In the playoffs KC took away the running game and got great pressure on Watson. Our defense came out the gate sizzling hot but could only sustain it for a quarter. Fools gold is the best analogy to describe it because we know darn well our defense was hot garbage. O’Brien tried to get cute and it came back to bite him in the bikini bottom.

Back to the blaming BOB for everything. I'm seeing that, yes BOB got outcoached (They were very lucky to have that lead in the 1st place with the fumbles/dropped passes by the Chiefs on 3rd downs etc...) But also even before adjustments were made and things were going all wrong for the Chiefs, Mahomes did what true leaders do, he gathered the offense together and passionately told the guys that the game wasn't over and if they all did their jobs they would win that game. I've seen Brady do this 1,000 times.

I didn't see this type of leadership from DW4 when things started going bad for the Texans. A good time to show this type of leadership would've been right after the Carter fumble. (God I hope Carter isn't the KR/PR next yr.)

I’m sorry but when a team blows a 24 point lead and then is outscored 51-7.......that’s always been and will always be the HC and his coaching staff’s fault. Most organizations will fire their HC and his staff after a game like that b/c it shows everyone that one staff adjusted and the losing staff had no idea. Cut and dry....the fault of this crater job falls on OB in the same manner the Oilers crater job fell on Pardee and his coaching staff. Adams gave him 4 games into the following season before the axe fell. OB has had too much time.

Last edited:

Big games ….

The Titans win at Tennessee was a huge game win for Watson. I'd call the Patriots game a bug win too since they were a winning team that beat the Texans every time for almost two decades other than that game where they took their starters out in week 17.

I’ve already responded to this in that post. Momentum is very important in football. Once we gave them that , there was nothing Watson could do stop the bleeding. In the first meeting KC were up 17-3 in the first quarter. Then the momentum shifted and our Texans outscored them 20-0 in the 2nd quarter and 27-8 throughout the rest of the game. Why: one main reason Hyde had 116 yards rushing, Watson 42 yards and Johnson chipped in with 34. We controlled the time of possession and KC couldn’t recover.

In the playoffs KC took away the running game and got great pressure on Watson. Our defense came out the gate sizzling hot but could only sustain it for a quarter. Fools gold is the best analogy to describe it because we know darn well our defense was hot garbage. O’Brien tried to get cute and it came back to bite him in the bikini bottom.

There was nothing Watson could do to stop the bleeding? Lol! Man that is total crap.

He is the freaking QB and his job is to lead the team. That is partly why QB's are the paid the most money. Your same argument that has zero logic to it could be used for Mahomes to suggest that they never had a chance to stop the bleeding when Watson went up 24 to nothing. Watson had the momentum, so why couldn't he keep them down if Mahomes could? You literally made an argument for why Mahomes is a better QB/leader. That's what your post just did.

There was nothing Watson could do to stop the bleeding? Lol! Man that is total crap.

He is the freaking QB and his job is to lead the team. That is partly why QB's are the paid the most money. Your same argument that has zero logic to it could be used for Mahomes to suggest that they never had a chance to stop the bleeding when Watson went up 24 to nothing. Watson had the momentum, so why couldn't he keep them down if Mahomes could? You literally made an argument for why Mahomes is a better QB/leader. That's what your post just did.

Dude sit your old ash down somewhere with this nonsense. Watson doesn’t play defense.

Why couldn’t Mahomas lead his team to victory in our first meeting when they were up 17-3 in the first quarter. The Texans went on to outscore them 27-8? Like I said before it’s coaching. The Chiefs made their adjustments on both ends and the Texans didn’t.

I’m sorry but when a team blows a 24 point lead and then is outscored 51-7.......that’s always been and will always be the HC and his coaching staff’s fault. Most organizations will fire their HC and his staff after a game like that b/c it shows everyone that one staff adjusted and the losing staff had no idea. Cut and dry....the fault of this crater job falls on OB in the same manner the Oilers crater job fell on Pardee and his coaching staff. Adams gave him 4 games into the following season before the axe fell. OB has had too much time.

Man exactly. And dude clearly can’t read because I place blame on the entire team not just Bill O’Brien.

Dude sit your old ash down somewhere with this nonsense. Watson doesn’t play defense.

Why couldn’t Mahomas lead his team to victory in our first meeting when they were up 17-3 in the first quarter. The Texans went on to outscore them 27-8? Like I said before it’s coaching. The Chiefs made their adjustments on both ends and the Texans didn’t.

You literally just made an argument for why Mahomes is better than Watson because Mahomes was able to create momentum with his offense when they were down by 24 points.

You create so much nonsense to defend someone, you end up putting an egg on your face and making an argument against him.

Watson had no ability to make a come back!? :spit:

You're basically saying that Watson is a quitter.

Back