Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2020 Schedule

It's fantastic we get to play the Lions on Thanksgiving. That's a giant game if we somehow get into contention. 6 of those first 7 ain't cakewalks, though.

That Lions game won’t be a cakewalk either. They played tough last season but kept coming up a little short.

Finally a game in Nashville that ain't in the freezing cold of December! Just booked my flight and hotel for that game. Never been to Nashville and been wanting to go to as many honky tonks as I can in three days! But man, the hotels are costin me a left huevo to stay downtown!

We’re not beating the Ravens bud. Yeah any given Sunday but come on that team is loaded on both sides of the ball. And you know we do not have any answer for Jackson.

Probably not, but that's my optimistic view, and Baltimore isn't invincible. F'king tacks beat them last year.

14 games at noon. One game at 3:30 (national game) on CBS, and only one night game. Ok.
The got damn Cowboys only have 3 noon games. That means if you don't have the Ticket or game pass you gotta watch thes turds every Sunday. Come on NFL, there are other teams you know!

Man I still don’t understand the love affair with the Cowboys. They haven’t done squat to receive that type of publicity.

14 games at noon. One game at 3:30 (national game) on CBS, and only one night game. Ok.
The got damn Cowboys only have 3 noon games. That means if you don't have the Ticket or game pass you gotta watch thes turds every Sunday. Come on NFL, there are other teams you know!

Not all teams make the league the same amount of money. And with the possibility of losing a portion or possibly even all ticket revenue this season, they have to maximize their TV revenue. We can hate them all we want, but the Cowboys are a ratings win for the NFL.

Not all teams make the league the same amount of money. And with the possibility of losing a portion or possibly even all ticket revenue this season, they have to maximize their TV revenue. We can hate them all we want, but the Cowboys are a ratings win for the NFL.
That and Jerruh will have Goodell's arse if he doesn't get him all the prime time slots!! :kitten:

OK. Now I'm excited for the season. I'll get to see the team play in Pittsburgh, Detroit and in Cleveland. I've lived in Akron, Ohio for the last 3 years and the Texans have played the Browns in Houston.
I saw the Texans in Cleveland four years ago. It was the same weekend it's gonna be this year. COLD!! No thank you. Not this year.

I saw the Texans in Cleveland four years ago. It was the same weekend it's gonna be this year. COLD!! No thank you. Not this year.

I lived in Dallas at one point for several years, and went with some of my Cowboy fan friends to the Cowboys/Bears game in Chicago a few years back when it was -8 at kickoff (or close to it). If I remember it right, it was the 2nd coldest game in NFL history. Thankfully I was ready and dressed appropriately. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Thankfully I was ready and dressed appropriately
We started tailgating at 5am in Cleveland with some really nice folks. All laughing at us because of all the clothes we had on. So many clothes on I had to start unzipping on the way to the toilet! I'm like, "Uh, I'm cold at 50 degrees in South Texas, it's like in the 20's!" We had about 30 minutes of sunshine the whole day.

Of they go 3-3 in the 1st 6 games then they will have a good season

2 primetime games says this MB is higher on DW4 than the television guys are.

I lived in Dallas at one point for several years, and went with some of my Cowboy fan friends to the Cowboys/Bears game in Chicago a few years back when it was -8 at kickoff (or close to it). If I remember it right, it was the 2nd coldest game in NFL history. Thankfully I was ready and dressed appropriately. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
I have a cousin who lives in Chicago. She is a huge sports fan that all if her entertainment budget includes taking road trips, e.g. Alabama, Golden State, Rockets last year, habit of popping up at any given Midwest NFL game on Facebook, Thanksgiving at ATT, Falcons, sad about missing the Kentucky Derby, BUT, refuses to go to Soldier Field after September.

Appears you adapt better than she does. I have been trying to arrange a road trip and she quickly told me it had to be September before she would make any plans to join me.

I was anxiously awaiting the Cowboys schedule to plan for a road game to Baltimore (could also spend some time in DC) and the game is not only in December but on a Thursday night. Still looking closely at Seattle and maybe Minneapolis since they are indoors.

Last edited:
I have a cousin who lives in Chicago. She is a huge sports fan that all if her entertainment budget includes taking road trips, e.g. Alabama, Golden State, Rockets last year, habit of popping up at any given Midwest NFL game on Facebook, Thanksgiving at ATT, Falcons, sad about missing the Kentucky Derby, BUT, refuses to go to Soldier Field after September.

Appears you adapt better than she does. I have been trying to arrange a road trip and she quickly told me it had to be September before she would make any plans to join me.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. It was miserable. I doubt I'd want to go to another game like that ever again. And I was prepared with the thermal underware, layers, gloves etc. But I'm glad I did go to that one. I can't imagine how any of the players could have been functional in that sort of weather. It was Mike Ditka tribute night, and when it was time for him to speak, he could hardly get his mouth to cooperate and get the words out, it was so cold.

This should show us what the masses thought about our offseason moves. Only two prime time games. Come on man.

This team should be banned from national television for 4 years to prove they're actually worthy of that audience.

Actually, given how terrible the country has been the last 12 years, America doesn't deserve any other team.

That looks like 2-5 going into the bye with a 9-7 finish.
If O’Brien’s gambles pay off, 9-7 sounds right. He’s betting on David Johnson to return to 2016 form. Cooks to have a concussion free campaign. Fuller to be healthy all season, something he has never done. He’s also hoping Watt stays healthy because he’s about 90% of the pass rush and that Lonnie Johnson dramatically improves as a CB. I guess he’s also hoping another safety becomes available before opening day. Right now there’s some pretty big holes in the secondary.

9-7 if they have some really good fortune from a health standpoint. There’s only so much Watson and Watt can do.

Ouch! What a potentially brutal start. 2-5, 1-6 very possible going into the bye. Steal one on the road in Pittsburgh (have no clue what they'll look like this year) and take one of Vikings or Packers (assuming they don't split Titans/Jags), and they should have a decent shot at the division. If they don't come out of those 1st 7 with 3 W's though, it's gonna be a struggle.

Especially when the Colts have Jac, Min, Jets, Chi, Cle and Cin to start. Easy to see them being 5-1 through that.

Public Service Announcement.....
If you live in the RGV or San Antonio area, you should make plans to watch the Texans somewhere other than your home on October 4 and October 25. The Cowboys are also playing on FOX those days and you can put it in the bank the Cowboys will get the air time before your Texans.

Cowboys / Browns - Texans / Vikings on the 4th
Cowboys / Redskins - Texans / Packers on the 25th

The defense is sooooo bad, though. I just don’t see them being able to stop the Ravens at all.

I honestly envision a couple of games on the schedule where we could see the opponent scoring on every possession - Baltimore and KC.
curious as to what you see as the weakest spot on defense? Most positions seem to be continuing with same starters. Watt older but healthier & possible 16 game starter. Reader gone but could argue position almost as good with Dunn/Blacklock.
Gipson spot is question for me.

If we get to play that KC game to open the NFL season for the entire world, it would be a great time to play the Chiefs. Hopefully, the Chiefs have a Super Bowl hangover and we whip their butt. It could happen. If corona pushes us back, so be it. I do wish we still had the good hands guy for the first game though. Practice time might be a luxury. The team better be fired up after the ass-whuppin' we took from them bums last time.
I am very concerned that a repeat is going to occur. We will take a firm lead and then Mahomes will come out of the phone booth in that silly costume with the big S....
If that happens and O'Brien doesn't get fired, you folk might consider taking a collection to buy me new TV and patch holes in my walls....

curious as to what you see as the weakest spot on defense? Most positions seem to be continuing with same starters. Watt older but healthier & possible 16 game starter. Reader gone but could argue position almost as good with Dunn/Blacklock.

The secondary until proven otherwise with the absence of a true consistent pass rush as a strong second.

The linebacker core not being able to cover is another issue.

The secondary until proven otherwise with the absence of a true consistent pass rush as a strong second.

The linebacker core not being able to cover is another issue.
Sure but same players missing JJ can do same with JJ? Roby and Conley should be better and Blacklock and Greenard could beat out 2019 starters.

They were at the bottom quarter of the league in team defense last year. They don’t have Gipson, Reader, or Jonathan Joseph anymore. Dunn is a jag, I don’t know what Blacklock will bring in his first year.

Their biggest weakness on defense is their secondary. I don’t trust Roby yet nor do I trust Johnson back there. Murray is depth, he’s not a starter but he will be here, for some reason. O’Brien knew they were going to be releasing Gipson after the draft and when the top safeties fell in his lap said “no thanks”. I’m sorry but that was foolish and just another reason for me to dislike O’Brien. The guy doesn’t know what he’s doing and is too arrogant to listen to anyone...except for the team chaplain, who is also completely unqualified to be making football personnel decisions.

A close second place to the abysmal secondary is the abysmal pass rush. Two years ago the Texans should have been working on finding and developing Watt’s replacement. Instead of doing that they went the completely opposite direction and traded Clowney for practically nothing. Weakening an element of the defense that was already, because of Watt’s health, becoming suspect.

So, we have a front 7 that was really bad rushing the passer backed up by a secondary that was tied for last place in interceptions last year. And that’s how the Texans were outscored in 2019. But they made the playoffs so obviously everything is just fine for the McNair’s. So good everybody got a promotion.

I couldn't care less what they do this year. Until OB is gone it's difficult for me to watch this sorry ass excuse for a football organization. As if we're even gonna have a season anyway. LOL

Public Service Announcement.....
If you live in the RGV or San Antonio area, you should make plans to watch the Texans somewhere other than your home on October 4 and October 25. The Cowboys are also playing on FOX those days and you can put it in the bank the Cowboys will get the air time before your Texans.

Cowboys / Browns - Texans / Vikings on the 4th
Cowboys / Redskins - Texans / Packers on the 25th
Well my family living down in the RGV is not going to like this, lol.

We will take a firm lead and then Mahomes will come out of the phone booth in that silly costume with the big S....
I thought you were talking about his everyday Ronald McDonald look for a second. Then I saw the “S” part...:toropalm:

Just layer up. The last three years have been relatively warm winters with cold spring's.

If we get to play that KC game to open the NFL season for the entire world, it would be a great time to play the Chiefs. Hopefully, the Chiefs have a Super Bowl hangover and we whip their butt. It could happen. If corona pushes us back, so be it. I do wish we still had the good hands guy for the first game though. Practice time might be a luxury. The team better be fired up after the ass-whuppin' we took from them bums last time.
What shouldn't be overlooked, for these first two games JJ should be at his healthiest best. This will be critical for our defense to pressure Mahomes and Jackson. We should have the offense to go toe to toe. To win, it will be up to our defense.

Back