Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2019 NFL Draft 1st Round discussion

Loving the way this board is falling. We are essentially guaranteed that Dillard (my fav), Taylor, or Ford is there. Let's get one of these 3 to protect our biggest asset - Watson. Let's go Get em Gaine!

I was specifically talking about the OTs
Everyone questioned Dillard's run blocking. And whether Taylor could maintain the weight loss. But these guys dropping this far is ridiculous when you consider the price of an average OT on the open market. Moneyball is not being played by teams taking interior linemen over OTs.

I didn't know Ferrell ran at all. And the "vaunted Clemson DL" is another thing that bothers me. These guys never saw double teams because of the talent surrounding them. Sure, they are going to produce. But look at what Josh Allen did without top talent around him.

You don't have to preach to me about Josh Allen. I think he's the best player in this draft.

I just also think he's purely a stand up guy. And if Oakland wants a guy that can put his hand in the dirt, Ferrell is the best one. And he's a very good one.

Everyone questioned Dillard's run blocking. And whether Taylor could maintain the weight loss. But these guys dropping this far is ridiculous when you consider the price of an average OT on the open market. Moneyball is not being played by teams taking interior linemen over OTs.
As far as OL goes this is exactly how I expected it to go.

Thing is all these teams picking defensive players ahead of Texans will swing around 2nd rd and take good ones left so if Texans don’t get one @23 it’s gonna be slim pickings.

Ya Dillard may need some work in run blocking, but he's the best pass blocker in this draft, and the best pure LT in this draft imho.

I'm also intrigued by Sweat, but only if Gaine is serious about moving Clowney.

And with Fant going, we are guaranteed at least one among Dillard, Ford, or Taylor. I don't know as much about the medical red flags on Taylor, but coming into this week, he was an easy top 10 pick. Still...I would take Dillard if he is still there. Pure LT, best pass protector in this draft bar none.

If it's Dillard, I'm doing cartwheels....

Texans can be assured of getting an OT,,,could not have fell better in terms of pure need...if they have the players rated as the mock drafters

Fant can be Ebron, but for more than 1 year. More fluid and consistent. Although, you notice they didn't show Fant blocking in the highlights like with Hockenson.

Back