Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2005 Biggest Surprise

ATX

Hall of Fame
ok, this isn't about most improved or anything expected of an individual texan. i'm just bored and curious about who ya'll think will be the biggest surprise of the 2005 season. this has to be like wow, DD in in his first season. that was a surprise. as for me, i really have no clue, just want to see what everyone else thinks as we wait for the season to begin.

Im gonna have 2 say Mathis. I think he will make some big plays from the 4th wr pos this year. Maybe even return a couple kill offs for TD's! :highfive:

I would like to say all of our DL and LB but if i had to say one i would say i think Peek will have the year that states his career

phillip buchanon- 1st year starting role for the Texans, but will reward the Texans with big plays and a much more solid overall game than most expected, he has all the ability to challenge Dunta Robinson :cool:

i like the asnwers, but i don't think peek will be a big "surprise". i'm going with mathis as bigges surprise. peek doesn't surprise me with his play, i would be dissapointed if he doesn't get atleast 8 sacks barring injury.

Hodgedon will replace McKinney and will be awesome is helping give DC those added couple seconds he needs.

Glenn Earl. He was supposed to be a first round pick, but do to injury he wasn't. He should be the Sean Taylor that we needed. Maybe Morency will stand out and be the second back to a future two back system. Two 1,000 yard rushers sounds fun.

Biggest surprise? I'm gonna guess Charlie Anderson. He's athletic, has a nose for the ball, and will be coming off his 1st full offseason program as a pro. It should be noted that even in a reserve role, Antwan Peek has missed significant time due to injuries in his 1st 2 seasons. Why would that change with Peek seeing more snaps as a starter? Anderson needs to be ready if/when he's called upon. I have a feeling that he will be.

Theoridic said:
Glenn Earl. He was supposed to be a first round pick, but do to injury he wasn't. He should be the Sean Taylor that we needed.

I hope Glenn Earl does well, but he is no Sean Taylor. As far as being a first rounder- that's a stretch. Sean Jones was the second best safety in that draft. Injury or no injury.

wags said:
I hope Glenn Earl does well, but he is no Sean Taylor. As far as being a first rounder- that's a stretch. Sean Jones was the second best safety in that draft. Injury or no injury.

I THINK Sean was supposed to be the #1 safety in the draft and Glenn Earl was supposed to have been the #2 until he got hurt. He (Earl) was thought to be to be the harder hitter of the two, which is really saying something IMO, as they both can lay the wood. Not sure who was considered better in coverage, but my guess would be Sean. No matter what though, If Glenn Earl comes back fully, we should have a SOLID SS, and he SEEMS to be a much better guy charicter wise.

atxcoolguy said:
i like the asnwers, but i don't think peek will be a big "surprise". i'm going with mathis as bigges surprise. peek doesn't surprise me with his play, i would be dissapointed if he doesn't get atleast 8 sacks barring injury.

I agree 100% execpt that his sack total will be higher. :highfive:

I think Mathis will be the biggest surprise. The Jags are going to wish they picked him over Matt Jones not to mention passing up Clayton (What were they thinking?).

JM will get unexpected yards with quick end around runs as Johnson draws defenders on his side deep. Can't afford not to cover AJ. JM will also get a minimum of one touchdown on a deep fly pattern. He may drop a few but so did some guy they called butterfingers his first year. Oh, yeah. the second year he was called MISTER JERRY RICE. GO Mathis! GO MATHIS!

this is pretty tough. i firmly believe that there could be alot of surprises. i think jerome mathis is a possibility bc of his speed. didnt he run the fastest 40 yd dash at the combine?? i think morency could surprise some people. i think p. buchanon will surprise some people now that he is in a team with coaches that will accept him rather than norv turner. derrick armstrong i think will be the biggest surprise. i think this guy needs to be a 3rd reciever at least. this guy has some trememdous athletic ability and good speed.

Back