Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2002 Nfl Draft

Yeah, "obviously" with 5 years hindsight. :shades:

So you couldn't look at what happened to Tim Couch, see the parallels with the deal the Texans were given, and see that David Carr was about to get destroyed?

I thought that was kind of hard to miss at the time. Sure there was optimism. It was being served in 55 gallon drums before opening night 2002. The people in here who know what they're talking about and who have consistently demonstrated that they know what they're looking at all voiced concern over the route the Texans chose to go in. The only thing keeping the doubters at bay was Tony Boselli and the consistent promises that he would play.

In hindsight it wouldn't have made any difference if he had played and been healthy. He was just one guy and the Texans line (and QB) had more problems than Tony Boselli could solve in his prime, much less in 2002.

Who should have been the first overall pick that year?

Carr, still.

If we would have hired Gary Kubiak instead of Dom in 2002, we could have went with either Carr or Peppers. But, yeah, still Carr.

If it wasn't for Dom and his poor offensive coaching staff, Carr I'm sure wouldn't be in the hot seat right now.

Oh, right. And QBs for the 2002 draft ended up a waste, eh?

Joey Harrington the 3rd pick? He's in a worse situation than Carr. Ha.

Out of all those, only Bruce was worth the pick. Hopefully mario will be the second.

Polian was director of Pro Scouting when Smith was selected.
---

And David Carr should have gone first in 2002.

for the Washington Redskins, because we traded out of the slot.

Carr, still.

If we would have hired Gary Kubiak instead of Dom in 2002, we could have went with either Carr or Peppers. But, yeah, still Carr.

If it wasn't for Dom and his poor offensive coaching staff, Carr I'm sure wouldn't be in the hot seat right now.

Oh, right. And QBs for the 2002 draft ended up a waste, eh?

Joey Harrington the 3rd pick? He's in a worse situation than Carr. Ha.

Kubiak doesn't like to pick QB's that high in the draft. It would of been Julius Peppers if Kubiak was head coach at the time.

Back