Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2 Birds With One Stone?

Kookus

Practice Squad
Just a thought from a rookie poster but what does everyone think about Vernon Davis #1 for the Texans? Maybe a trade down to the #6-10 spot to take him? I believe this guy is in the Shannon Sharpe athlete class. He can create mismatches with linebackers and out-muscle safteys and cornerbacks plus he has blazing fast speed! The man is a freak of an athete, anyone see him at the combine?

The two things he brings us is:
A) another pass catching option for Carr relieving pressure from Andre
B) bolstering an offensive line that needs any help he can get.

Looking at the potential, Kubiak comes from a system that exploited a Great Tightend in Shannon Sharpe, so I can see it happening, If we could trade down to one of those spots we could sign him for less money than a number one would cost us, freeing up more money for a deep draft next year and a stud free agent this year? What do ya'll think? Inquiring minds want to know?

Kookus said:
Just a thought from a rookie poster but what does everyone think about Vernon Davis #1 for the Texans? Maybe a trade down to the #6-10 spot to take him? I believe this guy is in the Shannon Sharpe athlete class. He can create mismatches with linebackers and out-muscle safteys and cornerbacks plus he has blazing fast speed! The man is a freak of an athete, anyone see him at the combine?

The two things he brings us is:
A) another pass catching option for Carr relieving pressure from Andre
B) bolstering an offensive line that needs any help he can get.

Looking at the potential, Kubiak comes from a system that exploited a Great Tightend in Shannon Sharpe, so I can see it happening, If we could trade down to one of those spots we could sign him for less money than a number one would cost us, freeing up more money for a deep draft next year and a stud free agent this year? What do ya'll think? Inquiring minds want to know?

We are about to sign Jeb Putzier.

We are going to fill our holes with mediocrecy so we can take bush first overall and say "We addressed all of our needs via FA, and now we took a play maker to help our team."

:brickwall

YoungTexanFan said:
We are about to sign Jeb Putzier.

We are going to fill our holes with mediocrecy so we can take bush first overall and say "We addressed all of our needs via FA, and now we took a play maker to help our team."

:brickwall

Yep, thats pretty much the plan Casserly has in place.......:brickwall :hairpull:

No way, I wish our roster was good enough that we could move down and draft Vernon Davis because I think he is also a very rare talent at TE is definitely a need for us, but everything looks like it's Reggie Bush now and a very slight outside chance on Mario Williams, but if the Weaver deal goes thru like it's been advertised then I think it's definitely Bush.

MorKnolle said:
No way, I wish our roster was good enough that we could move down and draft Vernon Davis because I think he is also a very rare talent at TE is definitely a need for us, but everything looks like it's Reggie Bush now and a very slight outside chance on Mario Williams, but if the Weaver deal goes thru like it's been advertised then I think it's definitely Bush.

I agree. We dont have the luxury of drafting a TE with our 1st round pick. We have too many holes to fill...:brickwall

YoungTexanFan said:
Look for Greg Olsen next year at TE with our first. :)

I wouldn't mind him, I'd probably prefer him to any TE this year other than obviously Vernon Davis, but I think we'll probably still have too many holes to fill and don't see us being able to take a TE in the 1st round.

MorKnolle said:
I wouldn't mind him, I'd probably prefer him to any TE this year other than obviously Vernon Davis, but I think we'll probably still have too many holes to fill and don't see us being able to take a TE in the 1st round.

True, but its just an option assuming the FO drafts based on need and then BPA like me, you, and a few other respectable posters.

Im personally hoping for D byrd in the 3rd...is it just me or does putzier seem more interested in us then we do in putzier? Shrugs....it seems like we are throwing away a lot of people and not replacing them with much. I hope im wrong....man i hope im wrong.

I hope we don't sign Putzier, wasn't he already cut by one team? Although I think the Casserly has not done a good job with player personell, with Reeves, Sherman and Kub here, I am confident that we will address our needs. I am upbeat about our future success! But, I sure would like to have a Shannon Sharpe type player on our Offense!

Davis would be nice, I would like either him or Dbrick. Both would help the passing game a lot.

I would love to see Davis here. It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. A guy like this will catch 70 - 80 passes a year. Andre Johnson/Vernon Davis would be a better tandem than Keenan McCardell/Antonio Gates

Vinny said:
I would love to see Davis here. It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. A guy like this will catch 70 - 80 passes a year. Andre Johnson/Vernon Davis would be a better tandem than Keenan McCardell/Antonio Gates

Andre Johnson is a better team than McCardell/Gates by himself.

YoungTexanFan said:
Andre Johnson is a better team than McCardell/Gates by himself.
That sounds all cute and homeristic and all but Aj caught 63 passes for 688 yards and 2 TD's last year. McCardell/Gates caught 159 passes for 2018 yards and 19TD's.

Vinny said:
That sounds all cute and homeristic and all but Aj caught 63 passes for 688 yards and 2 TD's last year. McCardell/Gates caught 159 passes for 2018 yards and 19TD's.

Point taken, joke missed.

I would not be upset however if we landed Davis.

Every day I am willing to trade the first pick for less and less. Right now I am thinking we should trade with the jets. The first pick for their first and second round picks. If they declined I might even add in a few later round picks or future picks. Then here is what I would do with the fourth pick. If Reggie Bush, Mario Williams and Dbrick are available at the fourth pick then I take one of them but if they get taken one two and three then I would trade with the raiders for their first round pick and a second or third round pick next year. So now we have the 7th, 33rd, 35th, 65th, 66th. With the 7th pick we would have the leftovers of AJ Hawk, Michael Huff, and Vernon Davis.
pick
7 Vernon Davis TE
33 Donte Whitner FS
35 Thomas Howard OLB
65 Greg Eslinger C
66 Rahsad Butler T
97 Jonathan Orr WR
129 Frostee Rucker DE
161 Paul McQuistan T
193 Aaron Harris

We have the first overall pick in the 2nd round, Winston, Justice, Jean-Gilles. One of them is bound to fall there. Also the Texans are talking to Mike Flanagan from GB who has ties with Sherman.

Bubbajwp said:
Every day I am willing to trade the first pick for less and less. Right now I am thinking we should trade with the jets. The first pick for their first and second round picks. If they declined I might even add in a few later round picks or future picks. Then here is what I would do with the fourth pick. If Reggie Bush, Mario Williams and Dbrick are available at the fourth pick then I take one of them but if they get taken one two and three then I would trade with the raiders for their first round pick and a second or third round pick next year. So now we have the 7th, 33rd, 35th, 65th, 66th. With the 7th pick we would have the leftovers of AJ Hawk, Michael Huff, and Vernon Davis.

You sound pretty desperate to give up the #1 pick now and your plan sounds like we're getting ripped off a bit, especially if we give up later picks to make the deal go thru. I don't see us moving out of the top 5-6 picks, and I don't see any team in the top 5-6 offering enough to make them pass up on Bush. I think with the Texans signing Weaver it means Mario is basically out of the picture, and with him gone I'm very sure they're taking Bush and not really considering much else at this point. I don't have a problem with Bush and I think he can put up Clinton Portis type numbers for us once we improve our Oine a bit, but I still would have rather seen Mario Williams here.

CITY CAT said:
We have the first overall pick in the 2nd round, Winston, Justice, Jean-Gilles. One of them is bound to fall there. Also the Texans are talking to Mike Flanagan from GB who has ties with Sherman.

Winston and Justice won't last to #33, and Jean-Gilles will not even be looked at as an option for our team. He is 355 lbs. and absolutely does not fit in a zone blocking scheme whatsoever. We could maybe look at Daryn Colledge or even Marcus McNeill at #33 (I think McNeill is a better overall OT but Colledge is a better fit for our blocking scheme), but I think with Bush at #1 we'll look defense at #33, hopefully Johnathan Joseph falls and we can take him there.

Back