Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2-14 a positive?

Tex Trenches

Waterboy
I think so.

Just like in life sometimes you have to hit rock bottom in order to reach new heights. I think as fans we have to go through this as well. When the Texans came out of the gate in 2002 they did it in fasion by beating Dallas. Even though the win was most gratifying I think it gave us fans a false since of security. Even though each year the Texans got better in the win collum, I still didn't feel as close to this team as I do now. A 2-14 season will do that. I think you become a true fan when you experience a season like the one we just went through. If you stay with a team at times like that, just think how your going to react to a real winner. Houston will have loyal fans again for its football team, and that's a great thing. I think the Texans are going to find out just how great of a football town this really is when Reilant is full to the rim after a 2-14 season. I truly think this team is headed for greatness for the first time in its brief history.

What a difference a soild off-season makes.

Go Texans!!

I really hope ur right, because after all these off season changes I expect us to go 8-8 maybe even better.

I know that the Texans organization is trying to make us a powerhouse team, but All I have to say is "Good Job on hiring Gary Kubiak." :poker:

And plus, we cant really get worse because 2-14 is rock bottom so expect a better season Texan's Fans.

Houston's NFL team went 16-57 from '82 - '86. We went through another 2-14 season in '94. Those old enough to go back to the early 70's here saw some of the most pathetic teams in NFL history.

One 2-14 season is a pimple on the ass of a loyal and dedicated fan base. Or a masochist.

aj. said:
Houston's NFL team went 16-57 from '82 - '86. We went through another 2-14 season in '94. Those old enough to go back to the early 70's here saw some of the most pathetic teams in NFL history.

Hell, yeah. And I LOVED those damned teams. I've still got Elvin Bethea's autograph around here somewhere. Those consecutive 1-13 years in the 70's were freaking hell. When Sid Gillman was named head coach, I thought I'd gone to heaven.

When Bum Phillips was fired, I was devastated.

Then when Hugh Campbell was hired, I thought that was going to be just the thing we needed and because of him, we got Moon. Jack Pardee, of course, was the second coming. I thought Dom Capers had done a great job with the Panthers and was ready for him to do the same for us and from that first victory, I thought he was the right guy for the job. Our D that first season was EXCELLENT. Then the wheels started coming off. That 2-14 season was bad but I've been through worse.

I really don't give a rat's ass who we've drafted. I don't even care if our coaches appear to be brain damaged or not.

TEXANS 16-0, BAYBEE!!!!!

Or 1-15. Whatever. I'll still be glued to the toob, celebrating or moaning at the top of my lungs. :)

NO PAIN........NO GAIN........at least we can say that now. The one constant is we have grreat ownership in Bob McNair. A man of character, integrity and devotion to his team and the City of Houston. We all could have done without last season but it did secure a player the Texans should never had any chance in aquiring in Mario Williams, an excellent young NFL coach in Kubiak & Charlie Casserlys swan song :violin "How Sweet It Is"

The only good thing about a 2-14 season, as I see it, is that's it's easier to turn around (W-L wise) :)

In a strange way, it appears to have become a positive, but we still have a long way to go here. I'm not going to start celebrating until start showing some wins on Sunday.

No 2-14 and we don't have Mario, DeMeco, Winston and Spencer... and I have a sneaky feeling that those 4 are going to be solid players on this team for a long time to come.

My goal is to have the 16th pick or something similar next year.....

The bottom line is the Texans are going to be an improved football team this year. I think moreso than alot of people realize. The moves this team made in the off-season are going to restablish this franchise for the long haul, and propel them into the NFL's winning circle for the first time. You can finally take that expansion lable and throw it out the window.

Back