Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

10 random thoughts from Week 3

drewmar74

disgruntled
My 10 random thoughts on Week 3.

1) You know you might be in a bind if you have Samkon Gado and Jameel Cook toting the rock for you.

2) Randy Moss has over 400 yards and 5 touchdowns in three games. I stronly dislike Randy Moss and the Pats but the dude is killing folks right now. Just killing them.

3) Don't you know that Marty Schottenheimer is chuckling right about now? If Norv can't do any better than this with that kind of talent, I'd be willing this is his last crack at a head coaching gig.

4) Yeah, Favre tied Marino's record for most TD passes. He should own the record shortly but how long before Peyton owns that record (and all of the rest of them, for that matter)?

5) If I'm the Eagles, maybe I wear the powder blue and gold for another week.

6) Give the Lions a defense and they'd be scary.

7) Adrian Peterson is looking like the real deal. OROY?

8) Mario has more TD's than Thomas Jones, Steven Jackson, and Larry Johnson combined. :mario:

9) If you've been praying for Kevin Everett, keep it up. Just add Cedric Killings to the list.

10) Holy smokes. The Colts have too many weapons. Can't we move them back to the AFC East by swapping them for Miami?

chargers are overrated, they have some damn fine talent, but where there isn't that damn fine talent, there's some HUGE holes. teams have learned to exploit those holes. i didn't expect a whole lot out of 'em this year, no matter who was coaching. still will make the playoffs though, simply because of the division.

over 200 yards for Ronnie Brown this week, and 3 TD's. it's weird, but i think Cameron figured out that you actually have to give him the ball if you want him to produce. bizarre!

chargers are overrated, they have some damn fine talent, but where there isn't that damn fine talent, there's some HUGE holes. teams have learned to exploit those holes. i didn't expect a whole lot out of 'em this year, no matter who was coaching. still will make the playoffs though, simply because of the division.

over 200 yards for Ronnie Brown this week, and 3 TD's. it's weird, but i think Cameron figured out that you actually have to give him the ball if you want him to produce. bizarre!

Chargers have incredible talent, but teams picked off their coaching staff like crazy over the offseason. Obviously Cameron and Wade went on to become head coaches, the 49ers hired their LB coach as DC, and I think the Brown's hired their TE coach as OC. There might have been more people picked off that I can't think about, also.

Yeah, that Gore fellow is just plain awful. :crying:

Hey, you had a bad game. It happens. Oh, and this just in: you played the Steelers. Things get better from here.

Thanks for the kind words, but honestly, you'd know what I mean if you had watched all 3 of our games. Even against the Rams notoriously horrific run defense, I think we ran for a whopping 81 yards. A lot of people might have assumed that our run game did alright that game because of that one big run Gore broke out, but really other than that it was painful for me to watch. No complaining about Gore though, it's our O-line that has been dreadful thus far.

Uggh.....frustrating loss today. Our offense has played like crap in all 3 of our games, and it's our defense that has been winning games for us. Well, hopefully our team can get back on track against Seattle.

2) Randy Moss has over 400 yards and 5 touchdowns in three games. I stronly dislike Randy Moss and the Pats but the dude is killing folks right now. Just killing them.

I don't know if you saw his 2nd TD catch today, but Moss was 100% covered. Brady just dropped the ball in where only he could catch it, and he plucked it out of the air like it was nothing. I've never seen anything like it. At least not this consistently.

If Moss keeps his nose clean, he'll remain a welcomed addition. So far he's been a model citizen. We're hoping that it stays that way.

Heres a random thought for you.

Carr played for the Panthers today. Delhomme got hurt we may get to see Carr next week if Delhomme sits out...also Carr got sacked once in his limited time of play...

I know I know, I Didn't want to bring it up but man...any one knows how long he played? I am kind of eager to see if he plays next week a full game and see how well he does.

Ronnie Brown is on my fantasy team, he tore it up this week. I was on the verge of benching him. Bout time Cam

My 10 random thoughts on Week 3.

6) Give the Lions a defense and they'd be scary.

Give them a GM, and who knows what could happen. Matt Millen might just might be as bad as Casserly...What am I talking about, no one is that bad. But he is REAL bad.

I don't know if you saw his 2nd TD catch today, but Moss was 100% covered. Brady just dropped the ball in where only he could catch it, and he plucked it out of the air like it was nothing. I've never seen anything like it. At least not this consistently.

If Moss keeps his nose clean, he'll remain a welcomed addition. So far he's been a model citizen. We're hoping that it stays that way.

I saw it and thought "you've got to be kidding me."

They're freaky good. How's that running game doing?

I saw it and thought "you've got to be kidding me."

They're freaky good. How's that running game doing?

Run game is currently #5 in the league, about 157 ypg. Maroney either gains one yard or 11, but I've been surprised at Sammy Morris' consistency. Nothing flashy, but he gets it done. Depth is a problem... they'd be in trouble if they lost either of those guys right now. Faulk's a great 3rd down back and Heath Evans is an effective guy in short yardage, but neither is a viable full-time replacement.

The D has been great, even without Harrison (returns from suspension after week 4) and Seymour (returns from PUP after week 6, if he does make it back).

No complaints... unless you count that whole Spygate thing. :redface:

Give them a GM, and who knows what could happen. Matt Millen might just might be as bad as Casserly...What am I talking about, no one is that bad. But he is REAL bad.

I'm pretty sure Matt Millen is worse than Casserly. And that's saying a lot.

1. Brett Favre still has it
2. Rex Grossman doesn't
3. Brady might break the season passing TD record
4. The Texans are tough minded
5. Romo has amazing skill
6. Eli Manning is actually looking legit
7. The chiefs are really really really really really bad
8. Norv Turner has always sucked, but now it's really showing...what was S.D. thinking when they signed him?
9. Eagles throwbacks are uglier than the steelers throwbacks
10. everyone is talking about the colts and pats, but 4getting about the Steelers.

i got the Steelers in the Super Bowl (if we're excluding my annual homer pick of the Dolphins making it), so i haven't been overlooking them at all, not since they hired Mike Tomlin. he has all the tools to be one of the best coaches in the league.

1) Injuries suck!!

2) Thank God football wasn't on TV in the 1930's because if any more teams had unis like the Eagles, I'd imagine it being pretty hard on the eyes.

3) Brett Favre is pretty good as he leads the Packers to victory over the Chargers, but he didn't look all that sharp in the second game of the twinbill against the Giants.

What? That was the Redskins?

4) Since I was at Reliant Park all day Sunday and crashed during the 1st quarter of the 'Boys/Bears game, I didn't see much football this weekend so I'll have to stop here.

Back