Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

10 random thoughts from week 13

drewmar74

disgruntled
1) I'm actually kind of glad that the season is over. Our season, while better than last year, has still been a bit of a bitter pill to swallow.

2) Say what you want about Sean Taylor, but the 10 man defense to start the game against Buffalo was awesome. Great tribute to a young man who was an impact player on the field. It's a shame that he won't get to be an impact player in his daughter's life.

3) If I'm a Jags fan, I'm beginning to feel about Indy the way that Texans fans feel about the 'Tacks. Always get up for the game, always play them tough, usually lose. VERY frustrating (I know from whence I speak.)

4) Was Jared Allen's mullet solely responsible for his TD? Very possibly.

5) Final play of the Texans / Tacks game. Titans look to rush three against a six man front. I look at the wife and say "Rosenfels is going to get sacked." About a half a second later, Rosie is on the ground and has fumbled. I'm not that great of a prognosticator - I just know that our o-line sucks.

6) I now think that there is no doubt that Dallas is going to the Super Bowl. And I hate it.

7) If you've not seen the Brady Quinn Subway commercial, you really need to. No, really. Go check it out. It'll make you want to throw something.

8) So, the rumor is that Kubiak is holding open tryouts for OG this week. Wanna try out?

9) If Chad Johnson (though he is good) could buy himself for what he's worth and sell himself for what he thinks he's worth, he could afford to buy enough food to end world hunger.

10) If Cam Cameron goes 0-16, does he get to keep his job? If you sucked that bad at your job, wouldn't you be fired?

1) Thank God for the Cowboys so I get to see how a football game is supposed to be played.

2) When you've gone almost a whole season of rushing 4 and not getting near a QB, rushing just TWO on 2 3rd and longs that end up being converted, is not the first choice I'd have made. If 4 can't get there, what makes you think.....ah never mind.

3) How many QB's do the Texans have to ruin before they do something about the garbage o-line?

4) I wonder if the Rooney's are about ready to put a roof on Heinz Field?

5) I think I've got a man crush on Adrian Peterson.

6) Bradshaw made a comment on the pre-game show that if the Bills knew the 'Skins were going to go with just 10 on defense on the 1st play to honor Taylor, that they should just kneel down on the play. Instead, they pick up a 22 yard running play. I guess it's still a football game that you have to try to win.

7) Hey Gibbs, even I know you can't call consecutive timeouts before a play has been run. And you won how many Super Bowls?

8) So much for the blueprint on how to beat New England with that ass-whooping they put on Baltimore. (There's me showing off my prognosticative skills)

9) Congratulations to Mario Williams for becoming the Texans all-time single season sack leader. As a #1 overall pick should be.:shades:

10) I finally get through one of these without mentioning the joke that is the BCS. Oops, well, almost.

6) Bradshaw made a comment on the pre-game show that if the Bills knew the 'Skins were going to go with just 10 on defense on the 1st play to honor Taylor, that they should just kneel down on the play. Instead, they pick up a 22 yard running play. I guess it's still a football game that you have to try to win.

Not bashing the Bills, but a run up the middle would have been the Gentleman thing to do. Yes they're suppose to win the game, that's the purpose. But come on a 5 yard gain would have been a nice gesture (at least they didn't do deep up the middle).

Kudos to both teams.

my thoughts on wk 16:

1. that braylon edwards td catch in the 3rd quarter v. az was amazing....

2. if given the opportunity, adrian peterson will juke your kneecaps off.

3. Michael Lehan's INT v. the jets was cool... those jets unis, however were not.

4. how's this for hands on a lineman...

5. LT might be back?

6. In the last season or two, there seems to have been a dramatic increase in the number of Kickoffs returned for TDs.
per my count at NFL.com's stats page, there have been 19 kickoffs returned for TDs so far this year... i'd like to see some graphs or something...

doesn't make much sense to fire Cameron.

Never said that he should or would get fired. Just trying to illustrate the fact that if you produced such little fruit at your job you'd probably be fired. So said, there are so few folks with the credentials to be an NFL head coach that he'll get at least one more year to turn it around.

My thoughts:

1) Someone, somewhere has placed some bad mojo on our team. How else do you explain losing two o-lineman for the season in one game?

2) The Dolphins are in sorry, sorry shape. The were completely manhandled by the NY Jets, of all teams. I was almost certain that they'd get their first win this week. After watching that, I'll be surprised if they win one this season.

3) The Sean Taylor travesty aside, what Joe Gibbs did at the end of that game was completely ridiculous. I think he may be getting too old for this sort of thing.

4) The score aside, the Steelers looked pretty ugly last night. They have been looking pretty ugly the last few weeks. If they are going to compete with Indianapolis and especially New England, they are going to have to step it up and do better. Though I will congratulate Hines Ward for becoming the Steelers all time TD reception leader.

5) Adrian Peterson is a beast. Period.

6) Like them or not, I would say that the Cleveland Browns were definitely screwed at the end of that game. How could you not call it a force out? He even managed to get a foot down. Bad call.

7) A great win for Oakland yesterday. We got our first taste of JaMarcus Russell, and he didn't look too bad. I'd like to see him get some more playing time.

8) Congrats to Mario Williams for becoming our single season sack record holder.

9) Vince Young is still horrible.

10) Schaub is hurt, again. This time, it's pretty serious. IR him and give him a chance to rest up for next season.

Back