Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

TexansFanatic

Extremist
Dude hardly even played last year after taking part in the scandal that took down Ohio State's program.

Uncle Bob? I thought the Texans only took squeaky clean boys....

Thoughts on this pick?

Smooth route runner with some burst, exaggeration at top of routes. Lacks run after catch ability, dips shoulder into contact, but once momentum is stopped won't gain many yards. Can get really lazy on his movements, read and glide them off. Thin frame, high posture on initial stem without much initial burst. Reliable catcher over the shoulder, consistent. QB shouldn't put confidence in him to win contested catches.

He was a part of the Tattoo scandal, so who cares.

He is a solid receiver. Doesn't get a lot of separation but has GREAT hands, kinda' the opposite of Jacoby Jones.

From your resident Buckeye.

I just don't get why we traded back and think posey would have been there later....

As far as WR goes later in the draft .... Remember the name DeVier Posey from Ohio St.

Im also high on DeVier Posey .... He has fantastic hands , great acceleration & change of direction. Tho not as big as some of the others at "only" 6'1" 210. I think he would fit well in the slot on this squad. I saw this guy doing some live drills and came away thoroughly impressed ....

:kitten:

2010 OSU

Catches 53 Yards 848 Average 16.0 TD 7

2009 OSU

Catches 60 Yards 828 Average 13.8 TD 8

Take a look at his sophomore and junior year. He was already productive player and probably produces even more numbers if he was playing his senior year.:strangle:

Greg Cosell ‏ @gregcosell Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Posey good size and movement. Likely a possession WR in NFL although deceptive vertical speed with free access. 3rd rd picks have questions.

2010 OSU

Catches 53 Yards 848 Average 16.0 TD 7

2009 OSU

Catches 60 Yards 828 Average 13.8 TD 8

Take a look at his sophomore and junior year. He was already productive player and probably produces even more numbers if he was playing his senior year. :bravo:

And he didn't have a QB.

Very disappointed. We had both Randle and Sanu for the taking in the 2nd. Two guys with very high ceilings but some low floors, and we trade back to get Posey?!?!?!? What?!?!?

I guess he was a steal from the stats.

@NickScurfield Posey said he was suspended 5 games for selling a ring & 5 more for getting paid too much at a summer job

@NickScurfield DeVier Posey (6-2, 211) ran a 4.37 40. Had 113 rec for 1,676 yds from 2009-10. Missed 10 games in '11 (suspension)

@NickScurfield Posey on his suspension: "I've learned my lesson. It's made me a better man, a better person." #Texans

I like his potential. Was really good his sophomore and junior year.

Everyone who doesn't like it take a wait and see approach before you condemn it.

Very disappointed. We had both Randle and Sanu for the taking in the 2nd. Two guys with very high ceilings but some low floors, and we trade back to get Posey?!?!?!? What?!?!?

I'm going out on a limb here...but I think Rick Smith wanted Randle, but took a gamble. He traded back and was shocked to see Randle taken by the Giants, so we had to settle for Posey in the 3rd.

Posey has the size, speed and talent.

But a 10-year-old brain. Let's hope he is serious about being a great player.
Is this something in the Posey name? Million dollar body, ten cent brain? The question is, will he leave his playbook in his Escalade?

Maybe he has "THE CHOSEN WR" tatted on his back.

Sucks we didnt get Randle and he was still available before we traded.

Nick Scurfield ‏ @NickScurfield Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Devier Posey (@DPo8) on @johnson80: "He’s a hell of a player. I emulate the way he plays & the tenacity that he plays with."

Posey on his suspension: "I've learned my lesson. It's made me a better man, a better person." #Texans

Posey said he was suspended 5 games for selling a ring & 5 more for getting paid too much at a summer job

DeVier Posey (6-2, 211) ran a 4.37 40. Had 113 rec for 1,676 yds from 2009-10. Missed 10 games in '11 (suspension)

All I am saying is don't judge the player because you're pissed the FO traded down.

If you haven't seen him play you'll like him and we won't know what we have until the season starts.

And be happy the way he plays is anti-Jacoby.

I go to OSU, here are my thoughts-

I hate it. He is simply not a 3rd round caliber player. Drops catchable balls (although, admittedly, he can make the circus catch), average speed, average in and out of his cuts, and if what a friend says is true, he is a POS person. Not my opinion, just an opinion of a friend, I have never melt the man.

I just dont see the upside that other receivers have.

I hate it. He is simply not a 3rd round caliber player. Drops catchable balls (although, admittedly, he can make the circus catch), average speed, average in and out of his cuts, and if what a friend says is true, he is a POS person. Not my opinion, just an opinion of a friend, I have never melt the man.

I think his hands >>>> Jacoby

I saw this kid do some drills in a private workout during the offseason .... I came away thoroughly impressed.

Dont frett Texan Fans .... this guy's got great hands , great route runner , above average speed and can make people miss in the open field. He might not have the size some of the others have but I think he's a very good fit for this team.

Doubling the outside guy's is going to be much more difficult for opposing defenses with him in the slot.

And to top it off .... Jacoby just got demoted.

I think his hands >>>> Jacoby

Well... yeah. So do numerous other receivers in the draft. Hell, so do numerous other people in America.

Pick is a D, maybe a C-. I like the position, but there are 10 other receivers I would rather have.

However, he is a Texan now. I hope I am wrong, and that Smithiak is right.

Whoah, I bleed scarlet and grey but wouldn't go near that far :)

No worries...I'm back to not liking the pick again.

Actually, I don't know what to think about this pick. I thought there were plenty of better WR's on board. CBS draft board has this guy as a 5-6 round guy.

He wasn't even on my radar as a top of the third round pick.

And do you melt men often?

No worries...I'm back to not liking the pick again.

Actually, I don't know what to think about this pick. I thought there were plenty of better WR's on board. CBS draft board has this guy as a 5-6 round guy.

He wasn't even on my radar as a top of the third round pick.

I do think we could have gotten him later. I am not familiar with the WR's left when we picked.

not bpa. dissapointing. hope he has learned his lesson but hard to change someone in their 20's. Would much rather had Criner.

Back