Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Well you guys wanted national attention

TexanScott

Practice Squad
After every game there's always a thread about how we get no national respect or attention from the media. Well now they are talking about us everywhere now that Schaub is down.

Perfect example of be careful what you wish for.

After every game there's always a thread about how we get no national respect or attention from the media. Well now they are talking about us everywhere now that Schaub is down.

If the Texans were 3-7 they wouldn't be talking about us, save for next year's coach.

I'll take this over the last nine years.

Were getting attention, but not much respect (in terms of time on topic, that is). I've grown to except that so no big whoop.

If the Texans were 3-7 they wouldn't be talking about us, save for next year's coach.

I'll take this over the last nine years.

I think the fact that we are where we are & Lienart is being called to save the day makes for an interesting story, one way or the other. They're just trying to get ahead of the story so they can say they were there.

If DanO was still here, we wouldn't get this attention, other than how fast it will take us to get Farve or some other has been or never was (Jamarcus) in here.

I think the fact that we are where we are & Lienart is being called to save the day makes for an interesting story, one way or the other. They're just trying to get ahead of the story so they can say they were there.

If DanO was still here, we wouldn't get this attention, other than how fast it will take us to get Farve or some other has been or never was (Jamarcus) in here.

Agreed.

If this was DanO I doubt anyone would care much. But since it's former USC National champion, Heisman winner, Hot tub QB Matt Leinart it does make for a intriguing season.

I personally can't wait until the Jags game, more than a lot of the previous games we have had.

I'll take a healthy starting QB over any kind of national attention...

All day, everyday! I don't know why people care so much about what others think. It doesn't win games, it doesn't win championships, who cares what "they" have to say?

If the Texans win and nobody ever talks about them, I'm good with that.

Can't believe some of the comments in this thread. Texans were getting more attention by just beating the Bucs before Schaub's injury came out.

With the increased efficiency in the running game along with our changed defense structure we already were receiving plenty of media exposure. The Schaub injury just gives the media something new to talk and speculate about. I say "Who Care's", true fans have and will always be there.:tiphat:

What do you expect when the rest of the nation want the Texans to fail?

"Oh, well, the Texans were the upcoming team this season, but once again....going to end up sucking ass. This will be the only time you will be hearing about that "other" Texas team. Thanks for watching!"

We'll definitely get national coverage!

All day, everyday! I don't know why people care so much about what others think. It doesn't win games, it doesn't win championships, who cares what "they" have to say?

If the Texans win and nobody ever talks about them, I'm good with that.

I like to see them covered in the national media because it gives an outside perspective. Houston fans/media have a bias from rooting for the team, so it is nice to get a look at the team from the same people we listen to break down the Pats and Steelers 7 days a week. Do they see flaws that we overlook? Do they see respect players that fans go out of their way to overanalyze and crap all over(Mario, Schaub)?

Who says we're not getting respect? People are saying we will make the playoffs with Matt Leinart at QB because of a stout defense and awesome running game. And they are saying that we would have been Super Bowl contenders with Schaub. Yet we get no respect...I think we have it in our heads that we don't get respect after the past 9 seasons. But we definitely have gotten respect this year.

Where did THAT come from?
:headhurts:

I think that is your perception.....not everyones. I have heard good things this year from Peter King....and also some of the guys over at the NFL side of ESPN.

Sure there is going to be some negative talk...especially with Schuab going down...that is to be expected......but most of the media that I watch or have heard on the radio that are "national" have really been impressed with the turnabout of this team this year.

IAnd most that I have heard from still think we are going to win the South and go to the playoffs......

I like to see them covered in the national media because it gives an outside perspective. Houston fans/media have a bias from rooting for the team, so it is nice to get a look at the team from the same people we listen to break down the Pats and Steelers 7 days a week. Do they see flaws that we overlook? Do they see respect players that fans go out of their way to overanalyze and crap all over(Mario, Schaub)?

Yeah, but that outside perspective is usually from someone who doesn't follow the team nearly as close as someone local, or hell, even you or I. So I don't see how they could come up with something we've overlooked.

Hell, most of the time when I hear someone national talk about this team it's like, have they even watched this team play a down? He's not talking about the team I've been watching all year. So no, a national perspective is not something I need to hear.

Back