Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2011   #1
Bohunk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Bohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How ignored are the Texans

Not that I'm saying we're being ignored by the national media, but how can we totally (mostly) dismissed in all the analyses of who might be a contender... I'm happy and pissed at the same time. Love to be the unknown, but pissed that no one sees the quality of the Texans
Bohunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: How ignored are the Texans

I like it better this way tbh. Let us fly under the radar.
Old 11-07-2011   #3
Bohunk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Bohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, to a point. But jeez, Pittsburgh wins a few games, and they're anointed the best in the AFC. We manhandled them and it seems to be lost in history
Bohunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #4
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

When you have been perennial disappointments and losers for years, it's going to take a while for the national media to hop on the bandwagon. If they win next week At Tampa, which they should, the media will start to hop on the bandwagon.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohunk View Post
Not that I'm saying we're being ignored by the national media, but how can we totally (mostly) dismissed in all the analyses of who might be a contender... I'm happy and pissed at the same time. Love to be the unknown, but pissed that no one sees the quality of the Texans
oh stop crying. We have been letting down the people who have gotten behind us for years. I've seen guys like Tom Jackson pick us to win the division last year and I could name lots of National talking head types that have gotten behind us in years past and have all looked like morons for doing as much. We will win more games and we will get to the playoffs this year and we will get the attention you guys think we "deserve" now although we haven't done crapola yet. Lets do something first, then whine if we must...but let's friggin' get to the playoffs before we cry that we aren't getting enough attention.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
oh stop crying. We have been letting down the people who have gotten behind us for years. I've seen guys like Tom Jackson pick us to win the division last year and I could name lots of National talking head types that have gotten behind us in years past and have all looked like morons for doing as much. We will win more games and we will get to the playoffs this year and we will get the attention you guys think we "deserve" now although we haven't done crapola yet. Lets do something first, then whine if we must...but let's friggin' get to the playoffs before we cry that we aren't getting enough attention.
See, Vinny heard me say and is now taking credit.

(kidding). Absolutely right, Vinny.
Old 11-07-2011   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

the potential, future "came out of nowhere" attention >>> they beat the browns in week 9 attention.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2011   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's win a game or two with some meaning on them, then they can crown our a$$es.
Old 11-07-2011   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohunk View Post
I agree, to a point. But jeez, Pittsburgh wins a few games, and they're anointed the best in the AFC. We manhandled them and it seems to be lost in history
Manhandled Pittsburgh?

How is beating a team 17-10 manhandling them?

It was a very solid win but lets not fabricating here.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #10
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Tom Jackson actually picked us to go to the Super Bowl last year. It's crazy when you think about it now, but Wade has helped this franchise so much it's unbelievable. My only fear is that someone may see the job he's done and give him another shot to be a head coach. I want him to be our Dick LeBeau and lead this defense for the next decade. The scary thing is we're only going to get better on that side of the ball once we're able to draft and bring in players to build depth. We won 3 games that we should have won so no one should be rolling out the red carpet in front of us, but we now have a home playoff game well within our sights. That's good enough for me. Take advantage of this hurting Tampa team and people will start to pay attention. In other news, my blood pressure has been going down since we haven't been taking games down to the wire. I don't think that's a coincidence.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #11
ADTpaul
ADT Security

Rep Power: 35 ADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade Phillips ain't going no where. His Texas ties will keep him in Houston hopefully!
ADTpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #12
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
My only fear is that someone may see the job he's done and give him another shot to be a head coach.

I think I heard somewhere that Wade said himself that he is not interested in being a head coach again. I can believe it too. After what he endured in dallas, I wouldnt want to HC anywhere!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Manhandled Pittsburgh?

Anyone who watched the game knew that that was a blowout win for the Texans. Two bs calls took two touchdowns away.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #14
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Heck, TJ picked us to go to the Super Bowl last year.

edit: Someone beat me to it.
Old 11-07-2011   #15
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Cowher did say during half time yesterday that the Texans may be the most complete team in the NFL.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
oh stop crying. We have been letting down the people who have gotten behind us for years. I've seen guys like Tom Jackson pick us to win the division last year and I could name lots of National talking head types that have gotten behind us in years past and have all looked like morons for doing as much.
This is true... but some things are just wrong.

This morning I was listening to Mike & Mike. They said if the play-offs started today, The Bengals & the Ravens would have the top two seeds in the AFC.......

They're in the same division, it's impossible.
Old 11-07-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Manhandled Pittsburgh?

We put Ben in a boot & cracked Harrison's skull.....

how do you define Man Handled?
Old 11-07-2011   #18
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup. Last year Tom Jackson had the Packers and Texans in the Super Bowl. Also, that yahoo sports columnist Michael Silver or Jason Cole(can't remember who wrote it), wrote this long rant type column after last year's infamous Jacksonville game on the road about how the Texans "fool" him every year and called them the "biggest tease in the NFL."

I say just wait until the playoffs. A win there will turn heads.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with this and I'm sure Kubiak does too. Last year we believed our own hype and it bit us in the butt and kicked us in then knads. I want this team to feel they have much to prove.

Have we ever won 4 in a row? What about a winning record in November? Can we beat a good team on the road?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #20
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I agree with this and I'm sure Kubiak does too. Last year we believed our own hype and it bit us in the butt and kicked us in then knads. I want this team to feel they have much to prove.

Have we ever won 4 in a row? What about a winning record in November? Can we beat a good team on the road?
They've won 4 in a row in 08 and 09(both streaks occurred when they were already deep in a hole). I think this is the season they exorcise the November demons. Just the fact that they were able to string together wins against teams they're supposed to beat and didn't find a way to screw things up in years past makes me feel like they're ready to go on the road and beat a good team.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read