Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

badboy

Hall of Fame
How would fans react? I don't know how to create poll but I think many would be "ho hum" and want to see how he does. Others like me would be estatic. I think others would complain at how much he costs & demand a Super Bowl.

Where do you line up?

AnthonyE

Lurker
I'm in the same boat as you.

Just a player of Awesome-wah's calibur will turn this secondary from suspect to formidable if not better. We'll see.

FirstTexansFan

The Unknown Fan
I'm sorry, but I don't feel the majoritiy of fans would be "Ho Hum" on this one..... it's the difference between the same old BS, and a Super Bowl imo.

GP

Go Texans!
I think I'd have to start wondering exactly how he's going to break his leg in the preseason and never play a down of reg season ball for us.

I mean, does he trip up on our big sliding trays of grass? Or does Kareem Jackson pull a Ron Dayne and take him out? Does a boulder fall from the sky and land on him? Just typical Texans Luck **** like that.

But that's just me, I guess. I'm a fatalist like that. :worldpeace:

There's too much "either or" in this discussion.

I wouldn't be ho hum, but I wouldn't be calling Hilton to use my hotel points for the Super Bowl, either.

Would Asomugha's signing be huge? Yes.
Would that automatically put us in the playoffs? No.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Would Asomugha's signing be huge? Yes.
Would that automatically put us in the playoffs? No.
What it would be is a sign that the organization is serious about winning. That commitment has been in question after the retention of Kubiak and Smith.

It depends on if the new CBA has a salary cap! If it does I will cry myself into a coma and wake up 6 years, 70 million dollars later and see what damage has been done! haha

Allstar

Bona fide
Sorry, but no one would be ho-hum about this. All the people in-the-know would freak out. Then all the others would turn on Sportscenter and then listen to the talking heads, and then freak out.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I normally dont think its fair to say that one man will "save us", but in this case I do find it fair to say, with his talent in one of our weakest areas, would give me hope for something better.

I think bringing him in would be the recharge of hope that we fans need.

Dont get me wrong, IF this season happens Ill be there in person or at my TV screaming...regardless if he is signed or not.... but its so much better to run off a fully charged battery of hope than the back up battery of loving your team... if that makes any sense.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
If he signs we should throw a party at Reliant with Aso, AJ and Mario celebrating our big 3! Then we can let Aso tell us how we're gonna win not 5, not 6, not 7, but 8 Super Bowls!!!! It's gonna be awesome!!!!

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
If he signs we should throw a party at Reliant with Aso, AJ and Mario celebrating our big 3! Then we can let Aso tell us how we're gonna win not 5, not 6, not 7, but 8 Super Bowls!!!! It's gonna be awesome!!!!
Screw that, The whole team, cant leave Foster out, so bring them all.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
IMO, the secondary is the only thing keeping us from the playoffs, and it's been that way for a long time. It would be a sign to me that the organization is getting serious. Sure, he could get injured, Schaub could, Mario (again), Smith, Cushing, Ryans (again), OD (again) etc., so there's no guarantee of anything, but my excitement for this team would be seriously raised.

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
I think there would be a HUGE amount of support for the Texans nationwide, and more importantly, from the home fans in Houston. The fanbase would would be overjoyed that Bob spent the big bucks on the best player available and in my opinion the best CB in the NFL.... which addresses our biggest weakness.

I think Bob bringing in Asomugha AND hiring Wade Phillips as DC in the same offseason would show us all a giant message that he wants to win NOW.

I'd be overjoyed and think this would be the missing piece that pushes us far in the playoffs (let alone just making it). The elephant in the room is can all our players stay healthy??? If so I think it's playoffs easily with a division win. But its the NFL and an injury here or there just puts us back to square 1.

2slik4u

Veteran
Look, I typically only like to post facts and try and keep my opinions to myself.....for the most part. I think this thread is completely ridiculous in the fact that you think bringing in the best CB in the game to the NFL's worst secondary would make a "ho-hum" impact on our team.

Absolutely ridiculous and Im glad there isnt a poll for this.

You can put me in the category of nothing short of ecstatic if this happened. Ill take it one step further and say that if we signed ANY of the top 7-8 FA CB's, I would be jumping for joy.

I think we are probably one key acquistion (a shutdown CB) from being in the playoffs. Our offense is shored up. Our front seven is in great shape as far as Im concerned with our young bodies and the new scheme brought in from one of the games best DC's. Its our secondary is what sucks the most and could prove to be our downfall.....unless we sign Nnamdi.

Assenine to say the least...

If you would read any of the other "Ill give my first born child to get Nnamdi" threads out there, you would have seen the answer to your head scratcher.

Look, I typically only like to post facts and try and keep my opinions to myself.....for the most part. I think this thread is completely ridiculous in the fact that you think bringing in the best CB in the game to the NFL's worst secondary would make a "ho-hum" impact on our team.

You can put me in the category of nothing short of ecstatic if this happened. Ill take it one step further and say that if we signed ANY of the top 7-8 FA CB's, I would be jumping for joy.

I think we are probably one key acquistion (a shutdown CB) from being in the playoffs. Our offense is shored up. Our front seven is in great shape as far as Im concerned with our young bodies and the new scheme brought in from one of the games best DC's. Its our secondary is what sucks the most and could prove to be our downfall.....unless we sign Nnamdi.

If you would read any of the other "Ill give my first born child to get Nnamdi" threads out there, you would have seen the answer to your head scratcher.
All I am saying is, let's not act like Miami Heat fans and hold the victory party before the season begins (if we get him). It will be exciting, yes, but then we have to wait and see how all the pieces fit together.

2slik4u

Veteran
All I am saying is, let's not act like Miami Heat fans and hold the victory party before the season begins (if we get him). It will be exciting, yes, but then we have to wait and see how all the pieces fit together.
That goes without saying, but being "ho-hum" on the biggest FA signing in the entire NFL this year AND in our entire franchises history would warrant a little more than "ho-hum".

Not hating on you, just saying...there would be plenty to be excited about IF we got Nnamdi.

That goes without saying, but being "ho-hum" on the biggest FA signing in the entire NFL this year AND in our entire franchises history would warrant a little more than "ho-hum".

Not hating on you, just saying...there would be plenty to be excited about IF we got Nnamdi.
I am not saying I would be ho hum. I would be excited. But, I wouldn't be booking my hotel room in Indy just yet.

I fell into that trap last year, when, while walking into the Cowboy game, me and a buddy were having a serious discussion about whether we would drive up to Dallas for the Super Bowl or fly.

Nope, not doing that again. They have to prove something to me.

gary

Hall of Fame
I think there would be a HUGE amount of support for the Texans nationwide, and more importantly, from the home fans in Houston. The fanbase would would be overjoyed that Bob spent the big bucks on the best player available and in my opinion the best CB in the NFL.... which addresses our biggest weakness.

I think Bob bringing in Asomugha AND hiring Wade Phillips as DC in the same offseason would show us all a giant message that he wants to win NOW.

I'd be overjoyed and think this would be the missing piece that pushes us far in the playoffs (let alone just making it). The elephant in the room is can all our players stay healthy??? If so I think it's playoffs easily with a division win. But its the NFL and an injury here or there just puts us back to square 1.
The best teams overcome this factor of football.

badboy

Hall of Fame

As you now see there are other opinions on the MB besides yours and that is why I posted the thread. Probably surprises you but people can express themselves and should be able to wthout you calling them names.

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
I would go bananas! The exact opposite of my fury at last year and how WR's like Ajiritoutou from SD burned up or D like he was Jerry Rice for a career 2 TD day!!!

The anger I had at that game and the rest of the season....this would flip that to the polar opposite.

It would be the 1st time in the Texans off season history and maybe history in general where my BP would sky rocket and I'd start having chest pains and hyperventilating for a GOOD reason.

:jam:
Unfortunately Kubes and the Denny's menu will still be there during the season to counter weight this....

:kubepalm:

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
How exactly does signing Aso help the terrible play calling by Kubiak again? Am I missing something here??

Kulluminatii

Veteran
Hmm...if Nnamdi signed with the Texans, I think I'd be perfectly ok. NFL is a business after all so I shouldn't feel too bad about it...

Vinnie

with an I E
Assenine is the right word considering we're staring down not even having a season. I hope the Texans aren't playing nice and are contacting free agents behind closed doors and getting deals done even though they aren't supposed to be. We all know that's not what's happening though. Aso will end up a Jet, Redskin, Cowboy etc. right at 12:01 AM the moment the lockout is lifted.

2slik4u

Veteran
As you now see there are other opinions on the MB besides yours and that is why I posted the thread. Probably surprises you but people can express themselves and should be able to wthout you calling them names.
For starters, I dont recall calling anyone any names. Chill out. On another note, go back to the other Nnamdi thread and you can do your poll by reading through all the posts and pages. Im sure not everyone agrees with me that it would be exciting to see him come here but I could probably bet the majority (95% or better) of this message board will be jumping for joy and have many positive things to say about it.

Go ahead and count up the other 5% + - if need be.

Sorry if it feels like Im jumping on you but I dont mean to be. This offseason has been ridiculously slow due to the lockout and I (as well as everyone else) am looking for something worth while to talk about. Starting another discussion about NA coming here and whether or not it would be a great move didnt strike me as that. Once again, just my opinion. I try not to post opinion on here as there are many others who do that and Im sure you guys care as much about mine as I do about yours. I try to post fact and information as much as possible, this being one of the times I didnt.

Post on bro, dont let a sour apple like me stop you. You just gotta be prepared when someone like myself shares a strong opinion on something like this.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Assenine is the right word considering we're staring down not even having a season. I hope the Texans aren't playing nice and are contacting free agents behind closed doors and getting deals done even though they aren't supposed to be. We all know that's not what's happening though. Aso will end up a Jet, Redskin, Cowboy etc. right at 12:01 AM the moment the lockout is lifted.
So it's ok with you for Texans to cheat, get caught and maybe have to give up a first round selection in next draft and NFL void the FA deal? :bat:

TEXANRED

Texan-American
I would say yes to that.

I know I know I don't have a link but I know someone who was pretty close to the DRob situation and before the deadline of free agency (before he franchised the first time) he had two deals worked out, one with Atlanta and one with the Jets and both were paying him more than Chris Gamble with a lot more guarantee money. That's why DRob got so pissed off.

Teams are dealing behind closed doors all day everyday. Fat Al is another example. How do you put a $100 million dollar deal together 1 minute into free agency?

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Another Nnamdi masturbation thread??

Hopefully this is the last one, because there has been nothing in the Texans history to suggest that they'll pony up the cash and the salesmanship to bring him here. It's not going to happen under the current management this organization has and this is just a waste of time as far as realistic conversation goes. Hell, even bringing Cromartie here is a long shot that has very little % chance of happening. People need to drop this idea of Nnamdi unless they're just looking for disappointment.

Trap_Star

SiteContributor

Hopefully this is the last one, because there has been nothing in the Texans history to suggest that they'll pony up the cash and the salesmanship to bring him here. It's not going to happen under the current management this organization has and this is just a waste of time as far as realistic conversation goes. Hell, even bringing Cromartie here is a long shot that has very little % chance of happening. People need to drop this idea of Nnamdi unless they're just looking for disappointment.
Hey, I'm still willing to masturbate online, even without an asomugha signing.

badboy

Hall of Fame

I can't believe all those silly children believing in Santa Clause. It is just simply impossible for such a thing to happen and I can not wait until next Christmas so I can inform those who want to believe how silly they are. WHere would they be without me putting in my two cents?

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I can't believe all those silly children believing in Santa Clause. It is just simply impossible for such a thing to happen and I can not wait until next Christmas so I can inform those who want to believe how silly they are. WHere would they be without me putting in my two cents?
Comparing a religious holiday that children get excited for like Sesame Street or the Easter Bunny to the idea of a franchise who has made it known that they're strictly a build through the draft team and has proven that through several off seasons and has an owner that has stated they won't do anything crazy as far as free agency goes, well it's not closely related at all. There has already been like 12 Aso threads where the same things are discussed and it's so highly unlikely at this stage of this franchise under what they've proven they will and won't do in the off season. The Santa Claus analogy doesn't fit here.

The sad part that everyone in here seems to be missing is that our star WR who is a quiet guy does a lot more recruiting and makes way more attempts at trying to attract other players here than our own GM and HC does who are getting paid to be effective in these areas. Andre Johnson has a better chance at getting any of these big time free agents here than the clown we have as a GM.