Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2011   #201
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNair: "We're not going to do something we think is crazy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
this sums up my thoughts on the Texan's organization

I was thinking more along the lines of a glacier moving past the turtle.
Old 03-27-2011   #202
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

BoB, We're not going to do anything crazy:

Like doing everything possible to put a winning team on the field.

Yeah that's crazy alright. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011   #203
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Aren't you the one who (several months ago) was ragging out fans and saying how we essentially affect the team with whether we root for it or not?

This post seems eerily similar...for example:

What on God's green earth does that statement mean? I just don't even desire to take the time and sit here and try to come up with theories and have you reply to each one.

All I can figure is that you're unable to state a simple position and let it stand by itself, you'd rather throw in some caustic remarks to troll and get a flame war started.

What's clown'ish about wanting a winner? Do we amuse you? Like a clown? I amuse you. You think I'm funny? :goodfellas:
I don't know if I agree with all his points, but I agree that having over 10 pages on this is silly.

A sports owner (all of which usually say nonsensical things that you can't take seriously anyway) comes out and says, "we're not going to do anything crazy." We're not going to go out and be the Raiders. We're not going to go outbid ourselves since we're so gung ho on getting that one player. We're not going to paint ourselves into a corner by being overly desperate in our offseason.

Sounds to me either a) we should just take it as any other cliche statement made by the sports community, or b) be glad that the organization isn't losing their heads.

I understand the frustration with the FO. But the statement itself is something to rejoice about. If you have questions about whether the FO can deliver, that's another thing entirely, but for me, the statement that the Texans aren't going to do something crazy is a relief.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011   #204
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

A decade of losing = it's time to do something crazy.

What BoB's been doing hasn't been working and will not work in the future.
Old 03-27-2011   #205
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I will just wait and see because words are not the same as actions.
Old 03-27-2011   #206
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I will just wait and see because words are not the same as actions.
True

Repped
Old 03-27-2011   #207
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
True

Repped
If they are not going to over spend then fine but all I ask for is that they at least try to do something. Make a call or an offer or just come out and say we did this or that.
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2011   #208
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

The Texans seem to hide their ineptitude with a CIA level of secrecy.
Old 03-27-2011   #209
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The Texans seem to hide their ineptitude with a CIA level of secrecy.

Bob: Hello, this is Bob McNair.

FA: Who?

Bob: Bob McNair. The owner of the Houston Texans.

FA: The Houston what?

Bob: Texans. Houston Texans.

FA: Oh. What is this call about?

Bob: Just inquiring about free agency stuff.

FA: What about it?

Bob: You don't really have interest in coming to Houston, do you?

FA: Not really.......unless the money is good.

Bob: I didn't think so. Thank you.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011   #210
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Repped for a good laugh.
Old 03-27-2011   #211
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I've got a feeling this is how it goes for the Texans in FA. Except Rick carries BoB's water.

Ricks just happy to have a GM job. He's not going to tell BoB if you want win you're going to have to pay to get a FA like Peppers. Rick and Gary are yes men. As the last 5 yrs have proven out. BoB's koolaid salesmen still cant get around the fact that the Texans on the field product has = fail for almost been a decade and counting.

BoB is still learning on the job after a decade = LOL. But, But, But.... BoB is one of the leaders of the owners locking out the players. Yeah that should tell you where BoB's heart is.
Old 03-27-2011   #212
Lucky

Rep Power: 213448 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I understand you clowns are starving for a winner...hell me too...but the fact that this is a 10 page thread shows where we are as a fan base.
That this thread exists at all shows where the Texans are as an organization.

Sincerely,
Lucky the Clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
this sums up my thoughts on the Texan's organization

At least the snail is on the right track.
Old 03-27-2011   #213
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
As you people can see (yes, I said "you people") this is the different between Bob McNair saying this and, let's say, Robert kraft saying it.

Kraft says it = yeah, let's not get some bum!

McNair = OMG!! he's terrible! stfu!

You don't want to pull an Oakland and get another Terdell Sands. You want to get yourself that guy YOU KNOW makes you better. Not some marginal guy that can't help you.

We can be the Bucs from the early-to-mid 90s and get another Alvin Harper-type free agent. (wasn't that good, but paid him big money anyway)

I understand you clowns are starving for a winner...hell me too...but the fact that this is a 10 page thread shows where we are as a fan base.
where we are as a fanbase? you know where we are as a fanbase. a decade of failures is where we are at. even the glorious parade-filled 9-7 season was a failure.

there is no problem with the fanbase. the problem is with the owner, the GM, and the head coach. they are all pathetic excuses for a front office...especially Rick and Gary. Bob doesn't know any better, he is just another billionaire who is clueless on what it takes to win. Even his horses suck. he is a LOSER.

But Rick and Gary are supposed to know how to run a team. They have and will continue to fail until they are FINALLY run out of town. Then we will have a few more years of Wade Phillips and then MAYBE Bob will just stfu and start turning business to competent people...not just Denver cronies of Kubiak and Rick Smith.

And if you still believe in these guys to turn things around...you are a glutton for punishment. These guys are flatlining failures and will never do squat in this league. Trust me on this, once Gary is fired and Rick is fired, they will not get another sniff. Gary would be a fine OC but is a joke of a HC and Rick Smith has been a failure just about universally. Just a clueless little guy who sits on Bob's lap and tells him what he wants to hear so he can stay gainfully employed.

Keep on dreaming, fans...but don't try and say the fanbase is the problem. That is sad and pathetic..almost as sad and pathetic as this franchise is.

Texans are a joke.
Old 03-27-2011   #214
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Second Honeymoon, errrrr Woodlands Doug !!
Old 03-27-2011   #215
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
where we are as a fanbase? you know where we are as a fanbase. a decade of failures is where we are at. even the glorious parade-filled 9-7 season was a failure.

there is no problem with the fanbase. the problem is with the owner, the GM, and the head coach. they are all pathetic excuses for a front office...especially Rick and Gary. Bob doesn't know any better, he is just another billionaire who is clueless on what it takes to win. Even his horses suck. he is a LOSER.

But Rick and Gary are supposed to know how to run a team. They have and will continue to fail until they are FINALLY run out of town. Then we will have a few more years of Wade Phillips and then MAYBE Bob will just stfu and start turning business to competent people...not just Denver cronies of Kubiak and Rick Smith.

And if you still believe in these guys to turn things around...you are a glutton for punishment. These guys are flatlining failures and will never do squat in this league. Trust me on this, once Gary is fired and Rick is fired, they will not get another sniff. Gary would be a fine OC but is a joke of a HC and Rick Smith has been a failure just about universally. Just a clueless little guy who sits on Bob's lap and tells him what he wants to hear so he can stay gainfully employed.

Keep on dreaming, fans...but don't try and say the fanbase is the problem. That is sad and pathetic..almost as sad and pathetic as this franchise is.

Texans are a joke.

I read a post like this and I genuinely do not understand why you are a Texans fan. I don't mean this in any sort of confrontational way. It just doesn't make sense to me. If you despise the owner, the GM, and the coach to this degree, why are you following them as closely as you do? It's March and you are choosing to go talk and read about this organization that you despise. It's not as if you grew up a fan of this organization, so it can't be about loyalty. I really don't get it. If, after all, you participate in fandom for entertainment purposes, I'm missing the hook for you.

I understand being frustrated with a team. I was outraged in 2005 and often booed the performance on the field. I was wholly disappointed and frustrated with much of last season. However, if you can't enjoy significant parts of the '07, '08, and '9 seasons and have no hope that anything will get better, what are you doing?
Old 03-27-2011   #216
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Texans are a joke.
Than quit being a "supposed" fan... What are you, a Colts fan???
Old 03-27-2011   #217
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011   #218
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I don't know if I agree with all his points, but I agree that having over 10 pages on this is silly.

A sports owner (all of which usually say nonsensical things that you can't take seriously anyway) comes out and says, "we're not going to do anything crazy." We're not going to go out and be the Raiders. We're not going to go outbid ourselves since we're so gung ho on getting that one player. We're not going to paint ourselves into a corner by being overly desperate in our offseason.

Sounds to me either a) we should just take it as any other cliche statement made by the sports community, or b) be glad that the organization isn't losing their heads.

I understand the frustration with the FO. But the statement itself is something to rejoice about. If you have questions about whether the FO can deliver, that's another thing entirely, but for me, the statement that the Texans aren't going to do something crazy is a relief.
For me, "We're on the right track" and then "We're not going to do anything crazy" = Grab your ankles because it'll be more of what you're already used to. More of the same. Nothing dynamic.

Which is more "silly," btw: (A) A thread that's 10 pages long, or (B) A fellow message board fan calling other fans clowns and projecting this team's failures upon the condition of the so-called fan base?
Old 03-27-2011   #219
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I thought we all agreed money wasn't an issue for the top-tier free agents. Regardless what team they go to, they're going to get their money. Other than money, there are reasons that big name FAs end up in Miami, Pittsburgh, Greenbay, Indianapolis, & Kansas City.
Old 03-27-2011   #220
Lucky

Rep Power: 213448 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I read a post like this and I genuinely do not understand why you are a Texans fan.
We've discussed this before, but we don't have to understand what makes another a fan. That's really not relevant.

Not that I have to explain, but a big reason I am a Texan fan is because of the name in front. I have an affinity for anything that says "Houston". Probably because I am a Houstonian. That doesn't mean I have to like the job that Bob McNair, Gary Kubiak, and Rick Smith are doing. The Texans are bigger than them. They have to be for me to be a fan. When 2ndHM says "the Texans suck", I'm pretty sure he's referring to the job being done by the people at the top. And after 9 years, how can you really argue against his point?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read