Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kareem Jackson

He's been our best defensive back for the most of the season IMO. He's been more than solid lately. He's not been a part of the secondary problems lately.

He's been our best defensive back for the most of the season IMO. He's been more than solid lately. He's not been a part of the secondary problems lately.

It might have something to do with him not being on the field as much, no? Allen has taken a lot of his playing time recently. Best defensive back? Ha, nope, less reps gives him less of a chance to fall down or get torched by double moves

I agree!
I believe KJ has been our best CB from day one.
Hou-Tex just wants a pinata he can beat on from time to time! :ant:

When I have time (probably after the season), I will come back and put together all my notes for all to see, I promise (I hope I have the time).

It might have something to do with him not being on the field as much, no? Allen has taken a lot of his playing time recently. Best defensive back? Ha, nope, less reps gives him less of a chance to fall down or get torched by double moves

McCain falls more than Jackson. Just saying.

I agree!
I believe KJ has been our best CB from day one.
Hou-Tex just wants a pinata he can beat on from time to time! :ant:

When I have time (probably after the season), I will come back and put together all my notes for all to see, I promise (I hope I have the time).

Our safety's are actually worse, but both Quin and Allen have outplayed KJ. Which is why Allen has taken playing time away from KJ, no? I mean, I know our defensive coaching sucks, but would any coach take playing time away from their "best CB"?

Our safety's are actually worse, but both Quin and Allen have outplayed KJ. Which is why Allen has taken playing time away from KJ, no? I mean, I know our defensive coaching sucks, but would any coach take playing time away from their "best CB"?

No, they are rotating them.
Remember Allen was a higher draft pick than KJ.

Quin, with his recent good plays, earns playing time (I'm sure Kubiak is from that school of thought.)

Once again, I believe that you need to watch all the details to see that KJ is a very solid player (more so than both Quin and Allen).

It was funny when I read that some posters thought the Texans roll coverage over to help him out while I saw that (on the play where Pollard almost intercept the ball in the end zone), KJ was left to defend two receivers, LOL!

No, they are rotating them.
Remember Allen was a higher draft pick than KJ.

Quin, with his recent good plays, earns playing time (I'm sure Kubiak is from that school of thought.)

Once again, I believe that you need to watch all the details to see that KJ is a very solid player (more so than both Quin and Allen).

It was funny when I read that some posters thought the Texans roll coverage over to help him out while I saw that (on the play where Pollard almost intercept the ball in the end zone), KJ was left to defend two receivers, LOL!

I know they're rotating them. Which is why I said he was losing playing time to Allen. If you truly beleive they're playing Allen more due to draft status, I've got a bridge to sell ya. :worldpeace:

I know they're rotating them. Which is why I said he was losing playing time to Allen. If you truly beleive they're playing Allen more due to draft status, I've got a bridge to sell ya. :worldpeace:
Teams have got to be in their nickel a lot in the NFL.
Quin has experience in the slot.
Allen is a decent CB that went through a few coaching changes in Miami.
He doesn't have the hips to turn (therefore the shuffle or the bail technique).
Week 12 (plus the PS) is already longer than a college season.
I don't see any big deal with rotating them.

Same thing as with Duane Brown, I didn't think he should start and play all game at the beginning. But they let him, and guess what, they ended up having whatshisname spell Brown on every third series later in the season that year.

Some guy can be a freak like Cushing and can play a lot.
Hey but who knows what's the real reason there! :thinking:

(However I bet that when you rewind the tapes, you will find Cushing with hands on his hips in certain games.)

Laughable!! If he's the "best" we can do we might as well forfeit the rest of the season, esp since he sure did a good job of screwing up the first 13 games!! COMPLETE waste of a first round pick!! JMO!! He is absolutely the WORST CB this team has ever had!!

Laughable!! If he's the "best" we can do we might as well forfeit the rest of the season, esp since he sure did a good job of screwing up the first 13 games!! COMPLETE waste of a first round pick!! JMO!! He is absolutely the WORST CB this team has ever had!!

Damn I love my sig...

Same thing as with Duane Brown, I didn't think he should start and play all game at the beginning. But they let him, and guess what, they ended up having whatshisname spell Brown on every third series later in the season that year.

Rashad Butler, he did more than "spell" Brown, he started in those 4 games while Brown was suspended.

Shetexan is not that far off, KJ has still has had a terrible season. Just because he has been "better" these last few games still does not amount to being close to a good NFL Corner back.

Why would we possibly expect him top be a "good NFL cornerback"? You do realize he is a rookie with a terrible coaching staff right? Sure, he has made some mistakes, but what exactly were your expectations for him?

Damn I love my sig...

Yep, you sure can, and you seem to be the #1 fan!! Now, I don't like insulting posters, and look at this board as a means of expressing an opinion, and sometimes a way of venting a lot of frustration, which we all seem to have right now. NO where in my post did I say there was not hope for KJ! I'm a firm supporter of ALL Texan players, whether I like them or not. As long as they wear a Texan jersey they are one of my "boys!" But, that does not make them all good players! KJs failure to succeed this year is a reflection on Bush/Kubiak, IMHO, and the abuse they put him through just might be the thing that will kill his career. Who knows, but, THIS YEAR, he truly sucked!!

BTW: What bowl is UT playing in this year??? Hummmm, I'm so "stup*d" I can't seem to find one listed!:um:;)

Why would we possibly expect him top be a "good NFL cornerback"? You do realize he is a rookie with a terrible coaching staff right? Sure, he has made some mistakes, but what exactly were your expectations for him?

I expected an interception every time he's been thrown at and a tackle on every other play. Is that so difficult?

Yep, you sure can, and you seem to be the #1 fan!! Now, I don't like insulting posters, and look at this board as a means of expressing an opinion, and sometimes a way of venting a lot of frustration, which we all seem to have right now. NO where in my post did I say there was not hope for KJ! I'm a firm supporter of ALL Texan players, whether I like them or not. As long as they wear a Texan jersey they are one of my "boys!" But, that does not make them all good players! KJs failure to succeed this year is a reflection on Bush/Kubiak, IMHO, and the abuse they put him through just might be the thing that will kill his career. Who knows, but, THIS YEAR, he truly sucked!!

BTW: What bowl is UT playing in this year??? Hummmm, I'm so "stup*d" I can't seem to find one listed!:um:;)

+ Rep from Mr. HOU-TEX

Saying that Kareem Jackson was a waste of a pick without even letting him finish his first NFL season kind of implies that you believe there is no hope for him. And to call him the worst cornerback that the Texans have ever had when he's only played 13 professional games is laughable. He has shown improvement throughout the season, and still has a good chance of developing into a good, or at least adequate, NFL cornerback.

I have been hard on kareem jackson this year. But hopefully he will learn and develop into a good corner. If he had sum decent help over the top I think he would b a lot better

I have been hard on kareem jackson this year. But hopefully he will learn and develop into a good corner. If he had sum decent help over the top I think he would b a lot better

yah having no safety help over the top then being asked to line up so far off the ball and then play out of position to begin with. I don't know what this secondary is being taught but I feel it's not a good technique or scheme.

There have been so many bad calls, lineups, and blown coverages.

Get em'

Well except the UT part... don't hurt me like that.

Mike

I think Allen has taken KJack's snaps, to make some fans (who want to see accountability) happy.

But I don't think he's been our best CB.... I think that's been Quin. He's a baller.

Allen should have came in & replaced McCain straight up.

Young, dumb and full of... well lets just say its probably not just his.

Seriously you think that much of yourself? SheTexan has forgotten more about football than you'll know.

Mike

I'm wrong but McCain is worse than Jackson.

I'm wrong for saying I love my sig cuz I don't call a player the WORST CB in team history when it's his 1st season?

The hell with that bs, I'm not agreeing with that.

I expect any player that is starting to be able to hang with the big boys and KJ has not been able to although he has shown some signs of improving.

I am not pinning this all on him, this is a coaching mistake to let him be our number one CB as a rookie in the first place.

I expect any player that is starting to be able to hang with the big boys and KJ has not been able to although he has shown some signs of improving.

I am not pinning this all on him, this is a coaching mistake to let him be our number one CB as a rookie in the first place.

I think a lot of factors play into it though, man.

Remember how Robinson was a target quite a bit as a rook? I remember him falling in his 1st game vs. SD that allowed a TD. Roy Williams torched him the next week.

We had much better defensive coaches, however, and that, IMO, helped him a huge deal, because by season's end, we looked at him as our best cb and our issues were more geared toward Glenn, not Dunta.

This ^^^!!! Although, I'm late to this party.

I think Allen has taken KJack's snaps, to make some fans (who want to see accountability) happy.

But I don't think he's been our best CB.... I think that's been Quin. He's a baller.

Are you serious? Man, you come up with some doozies when looking for excuses for this team. You could probably **** Battle Red Skittles from the amount of Koolaid you drink, bro

Chris Myers part deux, all I'm gonna say!:fingergun:

Without getting into this BS again. I've already mentioned Myers playing better this season, but that doesn't change my thoughts of his performance last season. Injury or not, he sucked last season.

KJ has been pretty terrible this year, but I would take him over Brice McCain everyday day of the week and twice on Sunday. That guy is just unsalvagable rubbish. I think KJ actually has hope for improvement under a new HC/DC. Like most of our other players he's being poorly utilized by the scheme.

Wasn't KJ drafted as a junior? Probably another reason he should have not been thrown into the fire..... /hindsight

KJ has been pretty terrible this year, but I would take him over Brice McCain everyday day of the week and twice on Sunday. That guy is just unsalvagable rubbish. I think KJ actually has hope for improvement under a new HC/DC. Like most of our other players he's being poorly utilized by the scheme.

What do you see in KJack that you don't see in McCain?

Conspiracy Theory from TK.

Yeah, except the team's puppet masters have failed to do anything else this board has figured out.

Fail.

What do you see in KJack that you don't see in McCain?

Brice McCain has been awful...

I don't want to say that he can never be a good player, but I would not have him on the field unless there were a few injuries...

I am more willing to throw Molden out there, who I have not seen at all....

Conspiracy Theory from TK.

Yeah, except the team's puppet masters have failed to do anything else this board has figured out.

Fail.

My point is that this staff has done "things" to try to fix the problem.

Not what we'd like to see them do..... There are several opinions on this board, about what needs to be done. I wanted Cromartie, the Texans didn't like him. Several people here didn't like him.

Some folks aren't happy that we didn't go after him. Like we would win a bidding war with NY....

Brice McCain has been awful...

I don't want to say that he can never be a good player, but I would not have him on the field unless there were a few injuries...

I am more willing to throw Molden out there, who I have not seen at all....

No doubt, McCain has been awful, but I think he is more a true cover corner..... than KJack....

If our coaches are coaching him to play the same way they expect KJack to play..... it'll never work....... he'll look awful.

McCain played much better last year.

Without getting into this BS again. I've already mentioned Myers playing better this season, but that doesn't change my thoughts of his performance last season. Injury or not, he sucked last season.
Of course, I did not miss your post when you mentioned better plays from Myers this season (your idea, not mine; since I don't see hardly any difference, the cirscumstances are different is all.)

When I finally retire for real, I will offer you (or anybody else for that matter) to sit down and go over each and every single play in the 09 season.

At least, I have made the effort to watch each and every play to see how each and evey player (as much as the camera angles allow) on both sides of the ball perform.

If you can show me that Myers suck (or KJ) as compared to their counterparts in a 16-game season, I will treat you to an honorary drink of your choice, be it a Bud Light or a Louis XIII Cognac. (I believe I've already made a similar offer.)

And then I will go on this board and admit that Myers and/or KJ suck!

If one chooses to be a casual fan or semi-serious hardcore, there are any and all kinds of goats out there to choose from, suit yourself.

But as one who learns to love the game for all the intricacies, I just have to say that people really need to do their homework.

That was what I really want to post; however, in light of sportmanship and such, let me just say that everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Just let me quote Bill Walsh:

If there's one thing that frustrates me a little bit about fans and the media, it's that they really don't - and they can't - grasp the mind-boggling and painstaking detail that go into a football game. When things go wrong, they lash out. That's their right, certainly. But I wish they could step back sometimes and look at a play that's gone awry and say, "Why didn't that work?" They need to understand the detail.

Just let me quote Bill Walsh:

If there's one thing that frustrates me a little bit about fans and the media, it's that they really don't - and they can't - grasp the mind-boggling and painstaking detail that go into a football game. When things go wrong, they lash out. That's their right, certainly. But I wish they could step back sometimes and look at a play that's gone awry and say, "Why didn't that work?" They need to understand the detail.

After a couple of years of Kubiak, I thought to myself, surely this man isn't as stupid as posters on this board say he is. Surely there is a reason other than Travis Johnson's draft position for him to start every game, & not even bring in competition.

So I started watching the game, particularly the DT position. I watched the Texans, I watched the Vikings, I watched every team I could, to see what was different between what TJ did, & what other DTs did.

I learned the difference between a UT (up tackle, 3Tech) (Warren Sapp, John Randle, Simeon Rice) & the NT (not really a lot of "names" here). I learned that TJ played that position about as well as anyone. There are a few notables (Kevin Williams) but not many.

No matter who we put at that position, they tend to "disappear." Granted, TJ never played like Suh, Sapp, Rice & probably never would/could..... But at NT... where Gary put him... that's about as well as you're going to see the position played.

People started griping about Myers, so I started watching him play.

I learned people are going to ***** & make stuff up... & it's no use arguing with them.

I thought KJ has been getting more time on the sideline to keep him fresh during the game.

The problem is with watching corners is that when they are good, they don't even get thrown to. It's hard to get an INT when the guy you're covering isn't thrown to. Asomugha has paltry stats this season, but that's because QBs don't even look in his direction. Watching from sidelines I've seen KJ blanket some guys and every once in a while, he gets beaten, and that's when you see his name called out. He hasn't gotten to the point where he can play every down as a lockdown corner, and so I'm glad to see him on the sidelines to watch the action to try and learn what he's doing wrong on those few plays where he is getting called out.

I thought KJ has been getting more time on the sideline to keep him fresh during the game.

The problem is with watching corners is that when they are good, they don't even get thrown to. It's hard to get an INT when the guy you're covering isn't thrown to. Asomugha has paltry stats this season, but that's because QBs don't even look in his direction. Watching from sidelines I've seen KJ blanket some guys and every once in a while, he gets beaten, and that's when you see his name called out. He hasn't gotten to the point where he can play every down as a lockdown corner, and so I'm glad to see him on the sidelines to watch the action to try and learn what he's doing wrong on those few plays where he is getting called out.

It's what they should have done from the beginning. I was screaming for the team to franchise Dunta again and still draft a corner or a safety high.

After a couple of years of Kubiak, I thought to myself, surely this man isn't as stupid as posters on this board say he is. Surely there is a reason other than Travis Johnson's draft position for him to start every game, & not even bring in competition.

So I started watching the game, particularly the DT position. I watched the Texans, I watched the Vikings, I watched every team I could, to see what was different between what TJ did, & what other DTs did.

I learned the difference between a UT (up tackle, 3Tech) (Warren Sapp, John Randle, Simeon Rice) & the NT (not really a lot of "names" here). I learned that TJ played that position about as well as anyone. There are a few notables (Kevin Williams) but not many.

No matter who we put at that position, they tend to "disappear." Granted, TJ never played like Suh, Sapp, Rice & probably never would/could..... But at NT... where Gary put him... that's about as well as you're going to see the position played.

I learned people are going to ***** & make stuff up... & it's no use arguing with them.

Both you and 76 are correct my friends.

I agree with you on this...

TJ and Meyers aren't as bad as some folks made them out to be.

They've certainly had their embarrassing moments, but they were/are not completely worthless.

It's what they should have done from the beginning. I was screaming for the team to franchise Dunta again and still draft a corner or a safety high.
Some might argue that one strategic decision alone should cost Kubiak his job ?

Back