Kareem Jackson

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ThaShark316, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

How's he been the last few weeks?

I haven't really heard his name much, if at all, the last couple games.

2. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

He's been our best defensive back for the most of the season IMO. He's been more than solid lately. He's not been a part of the secondary problems lately.

3. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

It might have something to do with him not being on the field as much, no? Allen has taken a lot of his playing time recently. Best defensive back? Ha, nope, less reps gives him less of a chance to fall down or get torched by double moves

4. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

I agree!
    I believe KJ has been our best CB from day one.
    Hou-Tex just wants a pinata he can beat on from time to time! :ant:

When I have time (probably after the season), I will come back and put together all my notes for all to see, I promise (I hope I have the time).

5. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

McCain falls more than Jackson. Just saying.

6. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Our safety's are actually worse, but both Quin and Allen have outplayed KJ. Which is why Allen has taken playing time away from KJ, no? I mean, I know our defensive coaching sucks, but would any coach take playing time away from their "best CB"?

7. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

No, they are rotating them.
    Remember Allen was a higher draft pick than KJ.

Quin, with his recent good plays, earns playing time (I'm sure Kubiak is from that school of thought.)

Once again, I believe that you need to watch all the details to see that KJ is a very solid player (more so than both Quin and Allen).

It was funny when I read that some posters thought the Texans roll coverage over to help him out while I saw that (on the play where Pollard almost intercept the ball in the end zone), KJ was left to defend two receivers, LOL!

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I know they're rotating them. Which is why I said he was losing playing time to Allen. If you truly beleive they're playing Allen more due to draft status, I've got a bridge to sell ya. :worldpeace:

9. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Teams have got to be in their nickel a lot in the NFL.
    Quin has experience in the slot.
    Allen is a decent CB that went through a few coaching changes in Miami.
    He doesn't have the hips to turn (therefore the shuffle or the bail technique).
    Week 12 (plus the PS) is already longer than a college season.
    I don't see any big deal with rotating them.

Same thing as with Duane Brown, I didn't think he should start and play all game at the beginning. But they let him, and guess what, they ended up having whatshisname spell Brown on every third series later in the season that year.

Some guy can be a freak like Cushing and can play a lot.
    Hey but who knows what's the real reason there! :thinking:

(However I bet that when you rewind the tapes, you will find Cushing with hands on his hips in certain games.)

10. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Laughable!! If he's the "best" we can do we might as well forfeit the rest of the season, esp since he sure did a good job of screwing up the first 13 games!! COMPLETE waste of a first round pick!! JMO!! He is absolutely the WORST CB this team has ever had!!

CretorFrigg and silvrhand like this.
  11. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Damn I love my sig...

12. Andre_Johnson

Andre_Johnson Duck Fallas!

Rashad Butler, he did more than "spell" Brown, he started in those 4 games while Brown was suspended.

13. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

No, he's referring to Ephram Salaam during Brown's rookie season.

14. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

Shetexan is not that far off, KJ has still has had a terrible season. Just because he has been "better" these last few games still does not amount to being close to a good NFL Cornerback.

15. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Why would we possibly expect him top be a "good NFL cornerback"? You do realize he is a rookie with a terrible coaching staff right? Sure, he has made some mistakes, but what exactly were your expectations for him?

16. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Yep, you sure can, and you seem to be the #1 fan!! Now, I don't like insulting posters, and look at this board as a means of expressing an opinion, and sometimes a way of venting a lot of frustration, which we all seem to have right now. NO where in my post did I say there was not hope for KJ! I'm a firm supporter of ALL Texan players, whether I like them or not. As long as they wear a Texan jersey they are one of my "boys!" But, that does not make them all good players! KJs failure to succeed this year is a reflection on Bush/Kubiak, IMHO, and the abuse they put him through just might be the thing that will kill his career. Who knows, but, THIS YEAR, he truly sucked!!

BTW: What bowl is UT playing in this year??? Hummmm, I'm so "stup*d" I can't seem to find one listed!:um:;)

False Start, NitroGSXR and HOU-TEX like this.
  17. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

I expected an interception every time he's been thrown at and a tackle on every other play. Is that so difficult?

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

+ Rep from Mr. HOU-TEX

19. Esoom

Esoom Veteran

Saying that Kareem Jackson was a waste of a pick without even letting him finish his first NFL season kind of implies that you believe there is no hope for him. And to call him the worst cornerback that the Texans have ever had when he's only played 13 professional games is laughable. He has shown improvement throughout the season, and still has a good chance of developing into a good, or at least adequate, NFL cornerback.

thunderkyss likes this.
  20. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

I have been hard on kareem jackson this year. But hopefully he will learn and develop into a good corner. If he had sum decent help over the top I think he would b a lot better