Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-06-2010   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Big Board Thread

We are headed at this point into the offseason with a lot of uncertainty so instead of creating mock draft based on what the Texans need or will do lets help each other analyize all NFL prospects, then grade them accordingly on who & where we expect them to be selected.

here is one we can start with Fantasy Football Toolbox - http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2...s-for-2011.cfm it's less than one month old so its a little dated but it can be a starting point. For instance I would grade Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida ahead of Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia (who knows Jenkins could wind up being the Texans 1st rd. pick when all is said & done).

anyway this is just general information gathering at this point see if we as collective group can create something useful & constructive?

Quote:
1.Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - 6'4 - 235
2.A.J. Green, WR, Georgia - 6'4 - 212
3.Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU - 6'1 - 222
4.Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska - 6'1 - 205
5.Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina - 6'5 - 268
6.Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa - 6'4" - 285
7.Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama - 6'3 - 306
8.Jake Locker, QB, Washington - 6'3 - 230
9.Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State - 6'5" - 288
10.Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas - 6'6 - 238
11.Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - 6'4 - 280
12.Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn - 6'5 - 298
13.Allen Bailey, DE, Miami - 6'4 - 288
14.Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama - 5'10 - 215
15.Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA - 6'4 - 255
16.Julio Jones, WR, Alabama - 6'4 - 220
17.Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College - 6'7 - 308
18.Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia - 6'2 - 200
19.Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue - 6'4 - 263
20.Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida - 5'11 - 186
21.Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina - 6'3 - 230
22.Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State - 6'5 - 305
23.Nate Solder, OT, Colorado - 6'9 - 315
24.Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh - 6'5 - 230
25.Rodney Hudson, C, Florida State - 6'2 - 282
26.Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh - 6'6 - 270
27.Jeremy Beal, DE, Oklahoma - 6'3 - 267
28.Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska - 6'6 - 285
29.Rahim Moore, S, UCLA - 6'1 - 196
30.Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame - 6-3 - 227
31.Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State - 6'1 - 311
32.Jurrell Casey, DT, USC - 6'1 - 305

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big Board Thread

Good idea, as if a new coach is hired, depending on the scheme it will really jack up mock drafts. Biggest thing wrong with that board is Dowling. He is not a top 50 prospect, let alone top 32.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #3
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been hearing so much about Oliver's kid I've really been wanting to watch him play but I've not seen a Cardinal game listed yet. Is he as good as everyone thinks? When can we see him play? Bowl game?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #4
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Jared Crick is a 1st round pick. He is spotty and has a hot/cold motor. Sometimes he shows up and other times he does not. I see him as a 3rd round talent.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I've been hearing so much about Oliver's kid I've really been wanting to watch him play but I've not seen a Cardinal game listed yet. Is he as good as everyone thinks? When can we see him play? Bowl game?
Yes. In a word, yes. He could be starting for 90% of NFL teams this Sunday.

Stanford plays VA Tech in the Orange Bowl on Jan 3rd.
Old 12-06-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Yes. In a word, yes. He could be starting for 90% of NFL teams this Sunday.

Stanford plays VA Tech in the Orange Bowl on Jan 3rd.
His dad certainly had the smarts to play the position. He just didn't quite have what it took physically. This young man does.
Old 12-06-2010   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
His dad certainly had the smarts to play the position. He just didn't quite have what it took physically. This young man does.
Yep. Seriously, this kid is on my draft watch, and I dont necessarily think Schaub needs to be replaced. I think we should draft a future replacement, but an immediate starter is not high on my needs list.

However, if somehow the Texans found themselves in a position to get Luck (either he falls, or through a trade up), I would be ecstatic.

Off the top of my head, the only QBs in the NFL that are hands down better than him are Peyton, Rivers and Rogers.
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. Seriously, this kid is on my draft watch, and I dont necessarily think Schaub needs to be replaced. I think we should draft a future replacement, but an immediate starter is not high on my needs list.

However, if somehow the Texans found themselves in a position to get Luck (either he falls, or through a trade up), I would be ecstatic.

Off the top of my head, the only QBs in the NFL that are hands down better than him are Peyton, Rivers and Rogers.
Actually, when you consider Peyton's age and Rivers asshattery, only Rogers would be considered a better value right now...imo.
Old 12-06-2010   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I would trade Schaub along with the Texans 1st rd. pick for the #1 overall selection if Luck comes out.

Back to reality. So drop Crick & Dowling. Now who to add & where?

1.Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - 6'4 - 235
2.A.J. Green, WR, Georgia - 6'4 - 212
3.Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU - 6'1 - 222
4.Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska - 6'1 - 205
5.Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina - 6'5 - 268
6.Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa - 6'4" - 285
7.Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama - 6'3 - 306
8.Jake Locker, QB, Washington - 6'3 - 230
9.Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State - 6'5" - 288
10.Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas - 6'6 - 238
11.Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - 6'4 - 280
12.Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn - 6'5 - 298
13.Allen Bailey, DE, Miami - 6'4 - 288
14.Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama - 5'10 - 215
15.Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA - 6'4 - 255
16.Julio Jones, WR, Alabama - 6'4 - 220
17.Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College - 6'7 - 308
19.Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue - 6'4 - 263
20.Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida - 5'11 - 186
21.Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina - 6'3 - 230
22.Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State - 6'5 - 305
23.Nate Solder, OT, Colorado - 6'9 - 315
24.Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh - 6'5 - 230
25.Rodney Hudson, C, Florida State - 6'2 - 282
26.Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh - 6'6 - 270
27.Jeremy Beal, DE, Oklahoma - 6'3 - 267
29.Rahim Moore, S, UCLA - 6'1 - 196
30.Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame - 6-3 - 227
31.Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State - 6'1 - 311
32.Jurrell Casey, DT, USC - 6'1 - 305

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-06-2010   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Call me a homer, but I think Travis Lewis deserves late 1st round consideration. Great size and athleticism, and just makes plays.

I have a suggestion for the format though. Instead of starting off with a board, why dont we just build from scratch?

Luck would be number 1, who is number 2? I would say Peterson, not Green.
Old 12-06-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

No Von Miller in the first? I haven't seen him that much, but there seems to be a lot of people high on him.
Old 12-06-2010   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Call me a homer, but I think Travis Lewis deserves late 1st round consideration. Great size and athleticism, and just makes plays.

I have a suggestion for the format though. Instead of starting off with a board, why dont we just build from scratch?

as always good idea! so luck it is.
my vote for #2 would be Patrick Peterson, DB LSU

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - 6'4 - 235

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-06-2010   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

next grouping -

Quote:
33. Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida - 6'5 - 320
34. Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina - 6'3 - 305
35. Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame - 6'6 - 265
36. Mike Brewster, C, Ohio State - 6'5 - 293
37. Aaron Williams, CB, Texas - 6'1 - 192
38. Terrence Toliver, WR, LSU - 6'5 - 204
39. DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson - 6'0 - 215
40. Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU - 6'5 - 315
41. Greg Jones, LB, Michigan State - 6'1 - 240
42. Jerrell Powe, DT, Mississippi - 6'2 - 320
43. Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin - 6'7 - 327
44. Brandon Harris, CB, Miami - 5'11 - 195
45. Cameron Jordan, DE, California - 6'4 - 283
46. Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa - 6'5 - 297
47. Travis Lewis, LB, Oklahoma - 6'2 - 232
48. Von Miller, DE, Texas A&M - 6'3 - 243
49. Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina - 6'2 - 210
50. Chimdi Chekwa, CB, Ohio State - 6'0 - 190
51. Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State - 6-6 - 233
52. DeMarcus Love, OT, Arkansas - 6'5 - 315
53. Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia - 5'8 - 176
54. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU - 6'1 - 285
55. DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma - 6'1 - 207
56. Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn State - 6'3 - 306

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-06-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Are you going Texans big board or NFL big board?

Are you going to rank numerically or within tiers?
Old 12-06-2010   #15
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
as always good idea! so luck it is.
my vote for #2 would be Patrick Peterson, DB LSU

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - 6'4 - 235
Perhaps it would be easier if we group picks (by 5's) rather than try to do it one by one?

Here is my current top 5(subject to change)

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
3 .Marcell Dareus DT, Alabama
4. Anthony Castonzo, OT Boston Coll.
5. Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Are you going Texans big board or NFL big board?

Are you going to rank numerically or within tiers?
good questions.

I would say NFL BIG BOARD first then we could always revisit doing a Texan Big Board (closer to draft time when we know more)?

Simple numeric as a start. do numerically ranking going forward per position.

Really everyone may have a differnent approach, I'm open to ideas. If all goes smooth can expand to a top 50 or 60 which should help everyone with their individual mocks. rmartin65 is the best, I've worked with him lots he usually has breakdowns of most positions, that would be an excellent start.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-06-2010   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

2nd pick if we're going by Talent/Value

Patrick Peterson CB LSU
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
2nd pick if we're going by Talent/Value

Patrick Peterson CB LSU
that's four, good enough consensus for our purpose so we have the first two picks nailed, right?

#1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - 6'4 - 235
#2. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU - 6'1 - 222

now it gets interesting. got one vote for Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama (Doppelganger1).

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-07-2010   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

I could see Darius, but I personally think Da'Quan Bowers is the 3rd guy here. He has freakish athleticism (Mario style), and finally put it together on the field this season.
Old 12-07-2010   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HOMER!!! j/k He is a very good player.

Quote:

Great idea. But I disagree on #2. Green is head and shoulders ahead of Peterson. Green is the best player in the draft that is NOT a QB.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read