Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2010   #1
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 136 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans vs Giants

So far this week, we have been really focusing/commenting on off the field stuff a.k.a. Arian Foster's motives and the FA signings etc. But so far very little talk about the upcoming game.

Our OL should be concerned with the speed and depth of the Giants DL, thats a given. But what about the rest of the giants? Is Ahmad Bradshaw going to play? i know he was a bit dinged up.

Does anyone know of any other areas, the Giants could beat the Texans. What do you guys think?
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #2
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Giants

I think the Texans should challenge the Giants through the air...Giants will be focused on Foster/running game. Play action should be effective.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

meh....here come those useless stats again. Stats say we should be able to run and score on them, and they should be able to pass and score on us. Whatever. We'll see this coming Sunday.

Houston offense passing is 8th against NY passing defense which is 2nd

Houston offense running is 1st against NY running defense which is 22nd

Houston offense scoring is 4th against NY scoring defense which is 22nd.

NY offense passing is 9th against Houston passing defense which is LAST LOL

NY offense running is 7th against Houston running defense which is 2nd

NY offense scoring is 20th against Houston scoring defense which is 26

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
I think the Texans should challenge the Giants through the air...Giants will be focused on Foster/running game. Play action should be effective.
I want AJ to sit out of this game if he is not 100%, but that specifically could cost us this game. JJ needs to find his hands.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #5
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 136 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

How concerned should we be with their receivers? They seem to have alot of options.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I want AJ to sit out of this game if he is not 100%, but that specifically could cost us this game. JJ needs to find his hands.
We have a greater chance at Andre playing this week than Jacoby.
TEXANS84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmmm....I thought the Giants' run D was better than that. One day it's average and the next it's bad....back and forth. Guess it depends on who you ask.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2010   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
The Colts beat the Giants by running all over them. We should be able to run on them and the Giants should be loading up against that. Which should make our play action passing deadly.

Last week, we started off with a series of play action passes and had guys open and we could do that again but I'm conservative. If you can run, then run.

My fear is the Giant offense against our defense. They're a good running team and they've got some weapons at receiver. I'm hoping the Cush return combined with the emergence of Troy Nolan at FS significantly improves our D.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #9
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8095 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmmmm....I thought the Giants' run D was better than that. One day it's average and the next it's bad....back and forth. Guess it depends on who you ask.
It makes sense they aren't that good at defending the run because they probably don't have much lane discipline because of how good they are at rushing the passer and getting downfield.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99855 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
How concerned should we be with their receivers? They seem to have alot of options.
As most of you know I am also a Giants fan so I will speak as such here.

Hakeem Nicks and Steve Smith have been pretty good. However the Texans need to be concerned with the TE Kevin Boss. Boss is one of my favorite players on the Giants and when Eli gets him cranked up they usually do well.

Since the Texans have been having problems tight ends so far this season the Giants should be game planning to hit Boss often.

The problem so far this season with the Giants on offense has been turnovers. Eli has thrown way too many picks however the majority have not been his fault. He has had some dumb luck with balls bouncing off of his receivers. Of course fumbles have been another issue.

Overall the Giants offense is out of sync right now. From what I can see a lot of that has to do with the offensive line. I fully expect the Texans to crank up the heat. Eli can get real erratic with people in his face. Of course if Bradshaw gets going the Texans are in trouble.

Defensively the Giants have done OK (with the exception of the Colts game) however they have been lacking a true leader. Losing Antonio Pierce has been an issue. However against the Bears I saw guys stepping it up and anyone that saw that saw a great performance. I think the Bears game has given them some confidence and momentum back.

I expect a low scoring game. Texans 17-14 on a late FG.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's all relative. We are second against the rush in total yards. However that can be skewed. We give up 3.6 ypa. per rush. The Giants 3.8. In that regard we're tied for 7th and the Giant are tied for 11th.

As far as rush attempts against, the Giants rank 5th with 124 attempts against while the Texans rank 29th with only 79 attempts against.
Old 10-07-2010   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Hakeem Nicks and Steve Smith have been pretty good. However the Texans need to be concerned with the TE Kevin Boss. Boss is one of my favorite players on the Giants and when Eli gets him cranked up they usually do well.

Since the Texans have been having problems tight ends so far this season the Giants should be game planning to hit Boss often.

The problem so far this season with the Giants on offense has been turnovers. Eli has thrown way too many picks however the majority have not been his fault. He has had some dumb luck with balls bouncing off of his receivers. Of course fumbles have been another issue.

Overall the Giants offense is out of sync right now. From what I can see a lot of that has to do with the offensive line. I fully expect the Texans to crank up the heat. Eli can get real erratic with people in his face. Of course if Bradshaw gets going the Texans are in trouble.

Defensively the Giants have done OK (with the exception of the Colts game) however they have been lacking a true leader. Losing Antonio Pierce has been an issue. However against the Bears I saw guys stepping it up and anyone that saw that saw a great performance. I think the Bears game has given them some confidence and momentum back.

Is Bradshaw playing? He hasn't been practicing.
Old 10-07-2010   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think 17-10 Texans, but we're close on how the game will go. Reliant should be pumped up and ready to go.
Old 10-07-2010   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99855 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Is Bradshaw playing? He hasn't been practicing.
Just saw this ...

Quote:
Head coach Tom Coughlin said he expects to have his starting running back in practice on Friday although Bradshaw had said he was going to practice Thursday.

"He is a little better," Coughlin said. "I think we will get him tomorrow."
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #15
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Same problem the Cowboys walked into Reliant Stadium with, and they
left fully cured. Am I gonna be cheering Sunday? Am I gonna be LOL'ing in disgust after
the game? The very fact that I can pose two diametrically opposed
questions regarding the Texans is that they have yet to show consistency.

Cush is back. Yay. Nolan's gonna get a bunch of snaps. Yay. I want
to see this team match the perennial division champion in quality of
consistent week-in-week out effort and execution.

...End rant.
Old 10-07-2010   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

We know the Texans COULD come out with a run-heavy gameplan, but
we also know that the Texans WON'T do such a thing. Kubiak likes
to be very cute with his offense. In his mind, for 70 plays of offense,
he MUST beat every team with 35 run plays / 35 pass plays, or he
failed at "coaching his offense up."

So, on 3rd and 3 from the goalline, don't be surprised to see Matt standing
in shotgun formation with 4-wides and an empty backfield, when we
have the #1-ranked rushing attack in the NFL. If' we're already at 35-run
plays and only have 27 pass plays, don't be surprised to see Kubiak try to
make the deficit up in an attempt to be more "balanced."

....End rant #2.
Old 10-07-2010   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

....End rant #2.
False. See the Indy game this year.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:

....End rant #2.
Your frustration level is really awe-inspiring.
Old 10-07-2010   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The biggest thing that bothers me about this game is everyone and their brother is picking the Texans to win. Historically (or hysterically) we have not done well under those circumstances.

I'm still picking the Texans to win though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #20
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 33937 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

....End rant #2.

That's the perfect time for the Schaub Wildcat. I say Schaub's good for three rushing TD's this week. You can't stop a QB that runs a 5.6 40 yard dash!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read