Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2010   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chron: Angry Kubiak says Texans 'have to regroup'

Quote:
"It's not one individual," Kubiak said. "It's a group thing. Glover (Quin) has to play better. Brice has to play a lot better. The safeties have to play better, too."
Wonder why KJ wasn't called out? Speaking of the safeties, I would really like to see Troy Nolan get some playing time. Wilson really pissed me off when he dropped that pick six chance. Nolan is a ballhawk and may have made that play if given the chance. Just my

link
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chron: Angry Kubiak says Texans 'have to regroup'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Wonder why KJ wasn't called out?
Think KJ is the "one individual" that he was talking about.

I read it this way

Quote:
"It's not just K-Burnt... er Jackson," Kubiak said. "It's a group thing. Glover (Quin) has to play better. Brice has to play a lot better. The safeties have to play better, too."
Maybe it was just me.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

He used the word "darn" and he's supposed to be angry?

Pushover.
Old 09-27-2010   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

He was actually way more descriptive and calling out people by name in the presser, which is unusual. I bet he laid it into them in their meetings. Pollard kinda referred to it.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

got to be something

I didn't hear "It's on me"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #6
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Say what ya want. I went to the link and read what Kubiak had to say. I didn't see one hint of :

"it's on me."

"I didn't have the guys ready to play."

yada, yada

What I read said to me that he's done his job. Admitted they went young in the secondary. My point is he's saying the players have to play. If they play up to the level they're coached to they'll be OK. A pass on the first hickey but don't do it again. We'll see what happens.

Has been mentioned in a few other threads about a Troy Nolan sighting. I agree I'd like to see that as well. What's it gonna hurt? Sure haven't watched any pleasent Wilson sightings

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Kibiak: blah blah angry blah blah

The Media: blah blah Cowpatties Great blah blah

The Fans: blah blah pissed blah blah

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2010   #8
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Wonder why KJ wasn't called out? Speaking of the safeties, I would really like to see Troy Nolan get some playing time. Wilson really pissed me off when he dropped that pick six chance. Nolan is a ballhawk and may have made that play if given the chance. Just my

link
Glover and Brice are veterans at this point, so expectations are higher. Expectations are not high for KJ.

We'll all be chanting for Nolan until he starts making newbie mistakes too.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Glover and Brice are veterans at this point, so expectations are higher. Expectations are not high for KJ.

Lets just pray the Nolan experiment works out better than the Busing one. Rmemeber how loud the fans were for him?
Old 09-27-2010   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring back Petey, and CC??! Couldn't do worst than the above mentioned players!! All of them STINK, and any coach in the NFL should know how to game plan for us. Just throw into the secondary, easy yardage!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Lets just pray the Nolan experiment works out better than the Busing one. Rmemeber how loud the fans were for him?
Yeah....well....we'll keep cheering for the next guy until we get THE guy. Wilson served a purpose and now it's time to switch again. I think it'll be Barber's last shot but he's up first.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Say what ya want. I went to the link and read what Kubiak had to say. I didn't see one hint of :

"it's on me."

"I didn't have the guys ready to play."

yada, yada

What I read said to me that he's done his job. Admitted they went young in the secondary. My point is he's saying the players have to play. If they play up to the level they're coached to they'll be OK. A pass on the first hickey but don't do it again. We'll see what happens.

Has been mentioned in a few other threads about a Troy Nolan sighting. I agree I'd like to see that as well. What's it gonna hurt? Sure haven't watched any pleasent Wilson sightings
Kubiak has not done his job until he cuts somebody. THAT would be what I call angry. He's a pushover.
Old 09-27-2010   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Geeezzzz, it's like reading war & peace. What a blabber mouth. Kind of have a way with a fraze though.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #14
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Ok, we'll all stop talking about the embarrassing loss to our in-state rivals on our own turf. Totally not worth talking about.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #15
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

how do you take a rookie and put him into his 3rd game and not send help his way only to let him get burned time and time again. Hell with Dunta we would have at least got a theatracle arm flailing after the burn. We got out coached in the secondary and can fix things maybe. I am beginning to wonder if it is a defensive coordinator that was out drinking the night before or was it that we had to have another game like new orleans preseason.
Old 09-27-2010   #16
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
how do you take a rookie and put him into his 3rd game and not send help his way only to let him get burned time and time again. Hell with Dunta we would have at least got a theatracle arm flailing after the burn. We got out coached in the secondary and can fix things maybe. I am beginning to wonder if it is a defensive coordinator that was out drinking the night before or was it that we had to have another game like new orleans preseason.
combine this with absolutely no pass rush and you have a pass defense nightmare, but I will give it to Romo he made some nice throws when he needed to.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Expectations are not high for KJ.

Jackson was a 1st round pick. Expectations are always high for 1st round picks. I expect Jackson to play much better as the season wears on, because he has the tools. I just think the suggestion that he was more pro ready than the other rookies was a crock.

I'd prefer Nolan's mistakes of inexperience to Wilson's physical inabilities. At least it's possible that Nolan could get better. Wilson can only get worse from here on.
Old 09-27-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

"Damn sacks!"........ 'Nuff said!
Old 09-27-2010   #19
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Kubiak has not done his job until he cuts somebody. THAT would be what I call angry. He's a pushover.
Totally agree, hand a player or 2 their pink slips and tell them to clean out their locker and you should get the teams attention. Find some street FA's to replace them and serve notice to the team.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok, we'll all stop talking about the embarrassing loss to our in-state rivals on our own turf. Totally not worth talking about.
I'm upset about that as well. I was just trying to inject a little humor into the thread. Perhaps it was my choice of smilies?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read