Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-26-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default KC Chiefs for real?

Man, are these guys for real or what? I wasn't sure at first however I am not so sure they are not. I know the Niners are a disappointment this season however they beat them down pretty good. Plus the Texans have them in 3 weeks.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #2
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: KC Chiefs for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Man, are these guys for real or what? I wasn't sure at first however I am not so sure they are not. I know the Niners are a disappointment this season however they beat them down pretty good. Plus the Texans have them in 3 weeks.
I think its too soon to say one way or the other. However, if they continue to play like they did today, they will win a lot more games this season. I still think the Chargers will win the division, but the Chiefs will be right behind them at #2. The Chiefs are good, and they are young, if they have another solid draft they could be playoff contenders in 2011.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I've liked their last 3 drafts they've had for the most part, and thought they'd be competitors around next year, but i still don't think they're quite ready yet. Cassel is very meh, but they have an awesome young back in Charles and an improving defense. They could finish in the 8-8, 9-7 area this year i believe.
Old 09-27-2010   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

See: 2009 Broncos. Started 6-0, dropped to 8-8. Probably won't be as drastic, but won't put them in the playoffs this year, unless San Diego can't get their act together.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

KC will not be easy pushovers for our sixth game, that's for sure.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Give them a QB and they are for realz. Cassel will be their downfall.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
See: 2009 Broncos. Started 6-0, dropped to 8-8. Probably won't be as drastic, but won't put them in the playoffs this year, unless San Diego can't get their act together.
This is about how I feel. I thought they could be much more competitive this year than the past few. I think as the season rolls along their lack of a real punch outside at WR is going to hurt them.

I did think it was a big deal to bring in 2 coordinators like Charlie Weiss and Crennel. The defense has imrpoved for sure, but it really helps to have a dynamic defender like Berry back there. I also really like Flowers out of Va Tech. He's really turning into a nice player.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2010   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think they're as much "for real" as they are building momentum which can get you almost as far in the short term. They've basically beaten three teams that are either bad or in disarray and with each victory they get a little more confident and a little more dangerous.
Old 09-27-2010   #9
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

While I don't compare them to the '09 Bronco's (who I believe were getting a short-term emotional and strategic bounce from a new HC and staff), I do think they aren't quite what they appear to be right now.

I could still see a shot at a playoff berth - if San Diego screws around for too much of the season - but I think they're still a season or two away from being a presence in the league.

I would love to see them get back to competing annually for the AFC West title, but right now, that may or may not mean very much.
Old 09-28-2010   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I think they are contenders to reach the playoffs but a year or two away from making noise once they get there IMO.
Old 09-28-2010   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

not buying them
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The more I think about this the more I come back to this answer: "Are the Chiefs for real? I dunno, I'm too busy trying to figure out if we are."
Old 09-28-2010   #13
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 20041 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
See: 2009 Broncos. Started 6-0, dropped to 8-8.
Or the 2003 Chiefs. Started 9-0, went 13-3.
Old 09-28-2010   #14
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I have watched two of their games so far and they have some real speed on offense with Charles and McCluster. Two dynamic weapons with Thomas Jones as the change of back. And their Defense has improved a lot also.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Kansas City Chiefs....

What are your thoughts, are they for real? Or have they not played anyone?

San Diego, Cleveland, San Francisco.....

Next three games, Indy, Houston, Jacksonville.... I think we'll know more about the Chiefs after those games.

What say you?
Old 10-10-2010   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kansas City Chiefs....

LOL, I guess we will have this thread every week until they lose.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75827
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kansas City Chiefs....

Quote:
LOL, I guess we will have this thread every week until they lose.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75827
Should be the last week then, but then the Colts have a problem on defense. I'd be surprised if KC leaves town with a W but stranger things have happened. J. Charles could very well have a big day and D. McCluster is quick and shifty. Might end up being a good game.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010   #18
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Chiefs & Indy all tied up in the second half.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read