Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

KC Chiefs for real?

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Man, are these guys for real or what? I wasn't sure at first however I am not so sure they are not. I know the Niners are a disappointment this season however they beat them down pretty good. Plus the Texans have them in 3 weeks.

Man, are these guys for real or what? I wasn't sure at first however I am not so sure they are not. I know the Niners are a disappointment this season however they beat them down pretty good. Plus the Texans have them in 3 weeks.

I think its too soon to say one way or the other. However, if they continue to play like they did today, they will win a lot more games this season. I still think the Chargers will win the division, but the Chiefs will be right behind them at #2. The Chiefs are good, and they are young, if they have another solid draft they could be playoff contenders in 2011.

I've liked their last 3 drafts they've had for the most part, and thought they'd be competitors around next year, but i still don't think they're quite ready yet. Cassel is very meh, but they have an awesome young back in Charles and an improving defense. They could finish in the 8-8, 9-7 area this year i believe.

See: 2009 Broncos. Started 6-0, dropped to 8-8. Probably won't be as drastic, but won't put them in the playoffs this year, unless San Diego can't get their act together.

See: 2009 Broncos. Started 6-0, dropped to 8-8. Probably won't be as drastic, but won't put them in the playoffs this year, unless San Diego can't get their act together.

This is about how I feel. I thought they could be much more competitive this year than the past few. I think as the season rolls along their lack of a real punch outside at WR is going to hurt them.

I did think it was a big deal to bring in 2 coordinators like Charlie Weiss and Crennel. The defense has imrpoved for sure, but it really helps to have a dynamic defender like Berry back there. I also really like Flowers out of Va Tech. He's really turning into a nice player.

I don't think they're as much "for real" as they are building momentum which can get you almost as far in the short term. They've basically beaten three teams that are either bad or in disarray and with each victory they get a little more confident and a little more dangerous.

While I don't compare them to the '09 Bronco's (who I believe were getting a short-term emotional and strategic bounce from a new HC and staff), I do think they aren't quite what they appear to be right now.

I could still see a shot at a playoff berth - if San Diego screws around for too much of the season - but I think they're still a season or two away from being a presence in the league.

I would love to see them get back to competing annually for the AFC West title, but right now, that may or may not mean very much.

I think they are contenders to reach the playoffs but a year or two away from making noise once they get there IMO.

The more I think about this the more I come back to this answer: "Are the Chiefs for real? I dunno, I'm too busy trying to figure out if we are."

I have watched two of their games so far and they have some real speed on offense with Charles and McCluster. Two dynamic weapons with Thomas Jones as the change of back. And their Defense has improved a lot also.

What are your thoughts, are they for real? Or have they not played anyone?

San Diego, Cleveland, San Francisco.....

Next three games, Indy, Houston, Jacksonville.... I think we'll know more about the Chiefs after those games.

What say you?

Back