Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2010   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Earl Mitchell Starting vs. Redskins

Don't know if anyone else caught this or not
Quote:
Defensive tackle Amobi Okoye did not practice Thursday after tweaking his ankle in practice on Wednesday.

Its bothering him and its still sore today, so I kept him out in a boot, Kubiak said. He was not even over here. Hes day-to-day right now.

If Okoye cant play against the Washington Redskins, rookie third-round pick Earl Mitchell would replace him in the starting lineup.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...9-efc58a655570

Got confirmation from inside source as well that Earl is starting, so I'm hoping he can have a great game for the Texans on their way to victory
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #2
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Earl Mitchell Starting vs. Redskins

Okoye did practice yesterday. So it's not sure that Mitchell is starting, albeit likely.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I am really getting tired of these injuries.....Houston has already been hit hard by the injury bug and we haven't even played our 2nd game yet.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
Okoye did practice yesterday. So it's not sure that Mitchell is starting, albeit likely.
Right but it was a non-contact, no-pad walk thru as they do every Friday before a Sunday game.
I'm thinkin Okoye dresses, but is held out and kept in a reserve status.
It's a long season and this is a non-divisional, even non-conference game.
Plus Mitch is talented and this seems like the perfect opportunity to get him some extensive experience.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #5
texans90
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden cover

I think he will play,maybe just a limited snap count but I think he will play because on the video on their website kubiak said amobi was feeling better and that the boot was just precautionary
texans90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #6
newtexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 48 newtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

getting tired of these injuries ?, dude this is football, it's going to happen, TEXANS have good solid depth this year to hold down the fort until the starters heal, also look for some practice squad players to pay huge dividens for the Texans before the yrs. out.
newtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtexan View Post
getting tired of these injuries ?, dude this is football, it's going to happen, TEXANS have good solid depth this year to hold down the fort until the starters heal, also look for some practice squad players to pay huge dividens for the Texans before the yrs. out.
I know this is football and people get hurt (seriously, who doesn't know that???).......but some teams have less people get hurt than others and losing your last two 2nd round picks for the season before week 2 is here is not a good way to start the season injury wise. You don't want to be counting on depth before week 2 even starts.....there's still another 15 games to be played. If lady luck doesn't start looking our way, we'll burn through our depth before the bye week even gets here.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2010   #8
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I am really getting tired of these injuries.....Houston has already been hit hard by the injury bug and we haven't even played our 2nd game yet.
in relation to prior texans seasons, we're pretty damn healthy if you ask me.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #9
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103671 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I know this is football and people get hurt (seriously, who doesn't know that???).......but some teams have less people get hurt than others and losing your last two 2nd round picks for the season before week 2 is here is not a good way to start the season injury wise. You don't want to be counting on depth before week 2 even starts.....there's still another 15 games to be played. If lady luck doesn't start looking our way, we'll burn through our depth before the bye week even gets here.
There's in excess of 50 players listed as either out or doubtful for Sunday's games and exactly none of those players are on the Texans roster. The Texans are one of only 5 teams out of 30 (The Monday night game's not listed yet) who have nobody listed as worse than questionable.

Additionally, there's not a player on our IR list who was listed as a starter at any point during the off-season or pre-season. Yeah, it'd be nice to have Barwin and Tate available, but I think we are clearly better off from an injury standpoint than most teams.
Old 09-18-2010   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking forward to seeing what Earl can do. He looked pretty dang good in preseason, and seems to be catching on fast. Good challenge for him. I hope he lets the Skins know what a Texas home-boy can do!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn! Nothing against Earl Mitchell but considering how Okoye played against the Colts, I'd rather see him in there.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #12
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl was getting pretty close to sacking Manning a few times in the game. His run defense is suspect and when I say close to sacking Manning I guess you could say everyone on our d-line was. Just stop the run, and let our boys do work.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #13
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Ankle injuries are killing me...I think Okoye still sees some snaps but I'm eager to see what Mitchell can do with some game time. He is going to be a step higher in the rotation now, post-Barwin's injured ankle anyway. I hope Okoye gets a bit of rest from this week and limited snaps, as much as I'm constantly disappointed by his selection he's clearly one of the better DT options on this roster.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Welp, here comes a really good look at our 3rd round pick. Keepin my fingers crossed on this one.
Old 09-18-2010   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Injuries stink I hope Amobi plays.
Old 09-18-2010   #16
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Earl Mitchell Starting vs. Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Injuries stink I hope Amobi plays.
Mitchell was a valuable pick (have to admit I was scratching my head last April, though). I'm looking forward to seeing him play; I want to see what he can do.
Old 09-18-2010   #17
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

How long till Jeff Zgonina is back with the Texans?
Old 09-18-2010   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
Earl was getting pretty close to sacking Manning a few times in the game. His run defense is suspect and when I say close to sacking Manning I guess you could say everyone on our d-line was. Just stop the run, and let our boys do work.
I like Earl, but in the preseason, I saw several plays where, despite pushing his OL behind the LOS, he never even saw the RB run right past him just to his left.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #19
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 20009 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
in relation to prior texans seasons, we're pretty damn healthy if you ask me.
indeed, lets see what the rookie has got. its a long season, let amobi rest. maybe mitchel lights it up
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
There's in excess of 50 players listed as either out or doubtful for Sunday's games and exactly none of those players are on the Texans roster. The Texans are one of only 5 teams out of 30 (The Monday night game's not listed yet) who have nobody listed as worse than questionable.

Additionally, there's not a player on our IR list who was listed as a starter at any point during the off-season or pre-season. Yeah, it'd be nice to have Barwin and Tate available, but I think we are clearly better off from an injury standpoint than most teams.
Very nice argument. I have nothing intelligent to reply, so I'm giving you raspberries.

& while we may be healthy relative to other teams, I'm siding with Carr Bomb on this one. Tate, Barwin, JJ, Molden, ?Okoye? we're eating away at that depth awful early if you ask me.

However, I do not doubt Okoye will play. If he can walk, he'll play. Just like Mario.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read