Earl Mitchell Starting vs. Redskins

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by beerlover, Sep 18, 2010.

1. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Don't know if anyone else caught this or not
    http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...practice/a01c19ab-b19a-412d-8dd9-efc58a655570

Got confirmation from inside source as well that Earl is starting, so I'm hoping he can have a great game for the Texans on their way to victory :logo:

2. Austrian

Austrian Hall of Fame

Okoye did practice yesterday. So it's not sure that Mitchell is starting, albeit likely.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I am really getting tired of these injuries.....Houston has already been hit hard by the injury bug and we haven't even played our 2nd game yet.

4. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Right but it was a non-contact, no-pad walk thru as they do every Friday before a Sunday game.
    I'm thinkin Okoye dresses, but is held out and kept in a reserve status.
    It's a long season and this is a non-divisional, even non-conference game.
    Plus Mitch is talented and this seems like the perfect opportunity to get him some extensive experience.

5. texans90

texans90 Rookie

I think he will play,maybe just a limited snap count but I think he will play because on the video on their website kubiak said amobi was feeling better and that the boot was just precautionary

6. newtexan

newtexan Veteran

getting tired of these injuries ?, dude this is football, it's going to happen, TEXANS have good solid depth this year to hold down the fort until the starters heal, also look for some practice squad players to pay huge dividens for the Texans before the yrs. out.

7. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I know this is football and people get hurt (seriously, who doesn't know that???).......but some teams have less people get hurt than others and losing your last two 2nd round picks for the season before week 2 is here is not a good way to start the season injury wise. You don't want to be counting on depth before week 2 even starts.....there's still another 15 games to be played. If lady luck doesn't start looking our way, we'll burn through our depth before the bye week even gets here.

8. 281

281 Hall of Fame

in relation to prior texans seasons, we're pretty damn healthy if you ask me.

9. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

There's in excess of 50 players listed as either out or doubtful for Sunday's games and exactly none of those players are on the Texans roster. The Texans are one of only 5 teams out of 30 (The Monday night game's not listed yet) who have nobody listed as worse than questionable.

Additionally, there's not a player on our IR list who was listed as a starter at any point during the off-season or pre-season. Yeah, it'd be nice to have Barwin and Tate available, but I think we are clearly better off from an injury standpoint than most teams.

thunderkyss likes this.
  10. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I'm looking forward to seeing what Earl can do. He looked pretty dang good in preseason, and seems to be catching on fast. Good challenge for him. I hope he lets the Skins know what a Texas home-boy can do!!

11. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Damn! Nothing against Earl Mitchell but considering how Okoye played against the Colts, I'd rather see him in there.

12. TexansForTheW

TexansForTheW Veteran

Earl was getting pretty close to sacking Manning a few times in the game. His run defense is suspect and when I say close to sacking Manning I guess you could say everyone on our d-line was. Just stop the run, and let our boys do work.

13. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Ankle injuries are killing me...I think Okoye still sees some snaps but I'm eager to see what Mitchell can do with some game time. He is going to be a step higher in the rotation now, post-Barwin's injured ankle anyway. I hope Okoye gets a bit of rest from this week and limited snaps, as much as I'm constantly disappointed by his selection he's clearly one of the better DT options on this roster.

14. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Welp, here comes a really good look at our 3rd round pick. Keepin my fingers crossed on this one.

15. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Injuries stink I hope Amobi plays.

16. Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Hall of Fame

Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO Wor
    Mitchell was a valuable pick (have to admit I was scratching my head last April, though). I'm looking forward to seeing him play; I want to see what he can do.

17. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

How long till Jeff Zgonina is back with the Texans?

18. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I like Earl, but in the preseason, I saw several plays where, despite pushing his OL behind the LOS, he never even saw the RB run right past him just to his left.

19. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

indeed, lets see what the rookie has got. its a long season, let amobi rest. maybe mitchel lights it up

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Very nice argument. I have nothing intelligent to reply, so I'm giving you raspberries.

& while we may be healthy relative to other teams, I'm siding with Carr Bomb on this one. Tate, Barwin, JJ, Molden, ?Okoye? we're eating away at that depth awful early if you ask me.

However, I do not doubt Okoye will play. If he can walk, he'll play. Just like Mario.