Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2009   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What if Kubiak resigns

What if Old Man Shanahan goes to washington and Kubiak up and resigns to go back to Shany. Do you think he would do it and if so what would we do.
Old 12-21-2009   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What if Kubiak resigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
What if Old Man Shanahan goes to washington and Kubiak up and resigns to go back to Shany. Do you think he would do it and if so what would we do.
It would be better than firing him. Some coaches may think Kubiak still deserves a shot and see his firing as a non-commitment from the owner. Either way it opens to door for us to sign a better coach.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now that's a good question. In a way after listening to the game and just seeing our teams mannerism, I started to think that possibly they've been told about their coaches intentions already.

I guess the only answer to your question is that it would make Mcnair's job easier.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
i doubt he'd do that. he's back for at least another season.
Old 12-21-2009   #5
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

What coach would walk away from a job with a multi-million dollar salary unless he had another head coaching job lined up?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is not going to willingly give up his home town gig here. If he resigns, it won't be his idea.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #7
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ridiculus. He will not resign. For one thing, it would void his contract, sending millions of dollars down the tubes. In addition, I don't think that is something he would ever do. He's a Head Coach here, and he thinks he's doing a great job (despite evidence to the contrary).
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2009   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Look Yall know me and how I feel but given to last game and the blunders do you think Bob says I dont want to fire you but you should resign.

I saw some things you could directly relat to the coach in the last game and it is his ideas that always come back to haunt us. I know that the Driesen no catch was directly relatexd to OD not being here but the rookie fumble should have never happened cause the rookie should not have been playing. I do not want to use pink soap but I do see the immature coaching blunders and I was just thinking Bob might be frustrated with it and do the Texan thing and let him resign.
Old 12-21-2009   #9
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans would end up with a high pick from Washington for tampering because Kubiak is still under contract. That is why it would never happen.
Old 12-21-2009   #10
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Ridiculus. He will not resign. For one thing, it would void his contract, sending millions of dollars down the tubes. In addition, I don't think that is something he would ever do. He's a Head Coach here, and he thinks he's doing a great job (despite evidence to the contrary).
Won't matter if it voids his contracts if he is offered good money to go where Shanny lands.

And I don't think Gary thinks he is going a great job. I think he is frustrated and blames himself for not being able to "figure it out". Unfortunately it isn't something you can work though mentally (hence my pink soap avatar).

Kubiak doesn't know how to get his team ready emotionally from week to week and keep them fired up to play at the level they are capable of playing. He also shows he does not fully believe in them by his dumbass game-day coaching decisions and the team reflects that.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Now that's a good question. In a way after listening to the game and just seeing our teams mannerism, I started to think that possibly they've been told about their coaches intentions already.

I guess the only answer to your question is that it would make Mcnair's job easier.
I don't think it'd happen either, but IF it did (as JT suggests), then I agree with your assessment.

I don't know what HC we'd get as a replacement right now, but I would really like to see a team with a killer instinct!
Old 12-21-2009   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Kubes would be walking away from millions if he did that. Not going to happen.

While we're talking about how the Texans struggled against a crappy team yesterday, I'll also add that the Saints beat the Rams in St. Louis - 28-23. It's the NFL, not college. Sometimes horrible teams play well and barely lose. It happens. I'm not making excuses for Kubiak, but this time they actually found a way to win a close game.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
The Texans would end up with a high pick from Washington for tampering because Kubiak is still under contract. That is why it would never happen.
Because Washington hasn't been accused of tampering before.
Old 12-21-2009   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'm not making excuses for Kubiak, but this time they actually found a way to win a close game.
True. We would've found a way to lose that game a couple of weeks ago.
Old 12-21-2009   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...20/mmqb/1.html

Quote:
So we'll see, as I said. As for now, I expect the Redskins to hire Mike Shanahan, and for Shanahan to bring in his own coaching staff -- including, as Chris Mortensen reported over the weekend, his son, current Houston offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, as offensive coordinator. I think Mike Shanahan would be energized by the Redskins and by working with Allen, a man as secretive and with the kind of football pedigree he likes, even if it means he has to use this year's first-round pick to find a quarterback instead of building the offensive line, which the Redskins definitely need to do.
Old 12-21-2009   #16
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look Yall know me and how I feel but given to last game and the blunders do you think Bob says I dont want to fire you but you should resign.

I saw some things you could directly relat to the coach in the last game and it is his ideas that always come back to haunt us. I know that the Driesen no catch was directly relatexd to OD not being here but the rookie fumble should have never happened cause the rookie should not have been playing. I do not want to use pink soap but I do see the immature coaching blunders and I was just thinking Bob might be frustrated with it and do the Texan thing and let him resign.
so who should our rb be. no one wants brown running the ball. just have moats carry the ball 100% of the time. rookie running backs play every year. guys fumble, it's football. not sure how you blame kubes for that.
Old 12-21-2009   #17
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
Won't matter if it voids his contracts if he is offered good money to go where Shanny lands.

And I don't think Gary thinks he is going a great job. I think he is frustrated and blames himself for not being able to "figure it out". Unfortunately it isn't something you can work though mentally (hence my pink soap avatar).

Kubiak doesn't know how to get his team ready emotionally from week to week and keep them fired up to play at the level they are capable of playing. He also shows he does not fully believe in them by his dumbass game-day coaching decisions and the team reflects that.
Yes, it would matter if he resigns. Even if Washington offered him big cash, he'd still be leaving like $3 million on the table here. If McNair fires him, Kubiak will get paid the rest of the contract.

That's why you rarely see coaches resign. Even if DC matched and exceeded Kubiaks salary here, he'd still be tossing $3 million down the tubes.

Not gonna happen.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's too stubborn to be a quitter. That's what he'd be if he left to take a lessor job. Now if his contract is up and he decided not to renew... That'd be a whole different ball of yarn.
Old 12-21-2009   #19
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a joke right? Resign? Seriously?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
This is a joke right? Resign? Seriously?
Sadly, some of them actually are serious.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read