What if Kubiak resigns

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Joe Texan, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

What if Old Man Shanahan goes to washington and Kubiak up and resigns to go back to Shany. Do you think he would do it and if so what would we do.

2. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

It would be better than firing him. Some coaches may think Kubiak still deserves a shot and see his firing as a non-commitment from the owner. Either way it opens to door for us to sign a better coach.

3. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Now that's a good question. In a way after listening to the game and just seeing our teams mannerism, I started to think that possibly they've been told about their coaches intentions already.

I guess the only answer to your question is that it would make Mcnair's job easier.

4. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i doubt he'd do that. he's back for at least another season.

5. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

What coach would walk away from a job with a multi-million dollar salary unless he had another head coaching job lined up?

6. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Kubiak is not going to willingly give up his home town gig here. If he resigns, it won't be his idea.

7. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Ridiculus. He will not resign. For one thing, it would void his contract, sending millions of dollars down the tubes. In addition, I don't think that is something he would ever do. He's a Head Coach here, and he thinks he's doing a great job (despite evidence to the contrary).

8. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

Look Yall know me and how I feel but given to last game and the blunders do you think Bob says I dont want to fire you but you should resign.

I saw some things you could directly relat to the coach in the last game and it is his ideas that always come back to haunt us. I know that the Driesen no catch was directly relatexd to OD not being here but the rookie fumble should have never happened cause the rookie should not have been playing. I do not want to use pink soap but I do see the immature coaching blunders and I was just thinking Bob might be frustrated with it and do the Texan thing and let him resign.

Kaiser Toro likes this.

9. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

The Texans would end up with a high pick from Washington for tampering because Kubiak is still under contract. That is why it would never happen.

10. Houston_Fanatic

Houston_Fanatic Veteran

Won't matter if it voids his contracts if he is offered good money to go where Shanny lands.

And I don't think Gary thinks he is going a great job. I think he is frustrated and blames himself for not being able to "figure it out". Unfortunately it isn't something you can work though mentally (hence my pink soap avatar).

Kubiak doesn't know how to get his team ready emotionally from week to week and keep them fired up to play at the level they are capable of playing. He also shows he does not fully believe in them by his dumbass game-day coaching decisions and the team reflects that.

11. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

I don't think it'd happen either, but IF it did (as JT suggests), then I agree with your assessment.

I don't know what HC we'd get as a replacement right now, but I would really like to see a team with a killer instinct!

12. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Yeah, Kubes would be walking away from millions if he did that. Not going to happen.

While we're talking about how the Texans struggled against a crappy team yesterday, I'll also add that the Saints beat the Rams in St. Louis - 28-23. It's the NFL, not college. Sometimes horrible teams play well and barely lose. It happens. I'm not making excuses for Kubiak, but this time they actually found a way to win a close game.

Cjeremy635 and Silver Oak like this.
  13. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Because Washington hasn't been accused of tampering before.

14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

True. We would've found a way to lose that game a couple of weeks ago.

15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/12/20/mmqb/1.html

16. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

so who should our rb be. no one wants brown running the ball. just have moats carry the ball 100% of the time. rookie running backs play every year. guys fumble, it's football. not sure how you blame kubes for that.

17. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Yes, it would matter if he resigns. Even if Washington offered him big cash, he'd still be leaving like $3 million on the table here. If McNair fires him, Kubiak will get paid the rest of the contract.

That's why you rarely see coaches resign. Even if DC matched and exceeded Kubiaks salary here, he'd still be tossing $3 million down the tubes.

Not gonna happen.

18. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

He's too stubborn to be a quitter. That's what he'd be if he left to take a lessor job. Now if his contract is up and he decided not to renew... That'd be a whole different ball of yarn.

19. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

This is a joke right? Resign? Seriously?:lol:

20. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Sadly, some of them actually are serious. :dontknowa