Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-06-2009   #1
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default KEYE to show all Texans games...

Haven't seen it but was listening to 610 over the internet and they just said that Austin is "over Vince" as KEYE will not be showing the Titans games and will show all Texans games this year. As soon as I confirm it, I'm going to make sure and send a thank you. If I can send the hate mail, I can send a thank you as well.
hookinreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #2
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: KEYE to show all Texans games...

All 13 games that aren't on FOX or ESPN...no conflicts with the Cowgirls on Fox those dates either!
Old 08-06-2009   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't get too excited just yet. Some of VY's worshippers are coming out of the woodwork after listening to their idol's prophecies yesterday of greatness, being the next black QB to win the SB, and being a shoe in for the Hall of Fame.

VY uttering those things is a sign that they will happen because "if Vince utters it must come to pass without fail". (2 Vincelations 3:5)
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #4
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2575 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

sweet. keye is also the cbs affiliate in san marcos, right?
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

The VY hysteria is in it's waning moments...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #6
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

They'll change their tune if Vince gets the starters role again and manages not to lose the game.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to say it but we're getting picked up because we're expected to win this year. We're generating a lot of buzz around the league. If the Texans open flat again, we'll be dropped from the listings. I believe that.

It's all up to the Texans to win. Win and you'll prosper.
Old 08-06-2009   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I hate to say it but we're getting picked up because we're expected to win this year. We're generating a lot of buzz around the league. If the Texans open flat again, we'll be dropped from the listings. I believe that.

It's all up to the Texans to win. Win and you'll prosper.
CORRECT.

That's how it happens up here where I live.

They start off showing the Texans games on local CBS...then we get dropped for other games that the network thinks will draw more viewers.

Never, ever, ever believe that a local affiliate will show you wire-to-wire Texans games. They are loyal to advertisers FIRST, and the advertisers will want the affiliate to put up games that they think more viewers will watch.

My religion: God and NFL Sunday Ticket.
Old 08-06-2009   #9
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Yall absolutely right and I received a response stating as much...but as of this moment, they have "us" penciled in, not someone else.

As of today we will show Texans games...I believe it's 13 or 14 of the 16. The only two or three we aren't showing are on FOX or an ESPN/NBC game.

I will say this - the schedule is subject to change. But as of today, that is our plan.

That said - I don't believe we've had this plan in place in the last few years.

Thanks for the email - and please don't ever hesitiate to email me if you have any questions!

Bob Ballou
Sports Director, KEYE-TV
(512) 490-2172
bballou@keyetv.com
Old 08-06-2009   #10
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not get too excited. KEYE had always planned on showing Texans games until the Texans started stinking it up. If things go a certain way, the plug will be pulled again, to be sure.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #11
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Let's not get too excited. KEYE had always planned on showing Texans games until the Texans started stinking it up. If things go a certain way, the plug will be pulled again, to be sure.
So let's not suck!
Old 08-06-2009   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
All 13 games that aren't on FOX or ESPN...no conflicts with the Cowgirls on Fox those dates either!
Actually there is one conflict.

The first FOX game is on October 25.... but one is at noon and one is at 315. Luckily FOX has the doubleheader that Sunday, so assuming FOX will show the Texans and not the game of the week - that one will be fine.

However, on December 13, the Texans and Cowboys both play on FOX - also one at noon and one at 315 - however that Sunday - CBS has the doubleheader, meaning that FOX can only show one game that day and you know which one they're going to pick. So we won't be seeing SEA @ HOU in Austin... instead they will show SD @ DAL.

So, if KEYE does what they say they're going to do - the ONLY game (including pre-season) that we won't see in Austin is SEA @ HOU on Dec. 13.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-06-2009   #13
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wooo Good News!!!

Get to watch the away games in San Marcos!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yall absolutely right and I received a response stating as much...but as of this moment, they have "us" penciled in, not someone else.

As of today we will show Texans games...I believe it's 13 or 14 of the 16. The only two or three we aren't showing are on FOX or an ESPN/NBC game.

I will say this - the schedule is subject to change. But as of today, that is our plan.

Thanks for the email - and please don't ever hesitiate to email me if you have any questions!

Bob Ballou
Sports Director, KEYE-TV
(512) 490-2172
bballou@keyetv.com
Let me just say I'm trilled about the news. I never/shouldn't have to call, e-mail, and generally act a fool to KEYE while I'm watching an online feed that comes and goes, this thrills me to no end.

However, the part in bold is awfully irritating to read for me because one major point of contention during the exchanges I've had with Gary & Co. is I believe they have final say on who is shown. (hey!, no Gary!! I just realized that, whay a country!).

Some of you might disagree with that, point taken in advance, but now KEYE is inferring credit for the Texan-friendly schedule.

Shoot, if that's the worst thing that happens today I did good. Great news. *sigh*
Old 08-07-2009   #15
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Notice this guys name " Bob Ballou" wasnt there a tv character named " babbalou" or was that the monkey in Jungle Book?
Hmmmmmmm maybe we should not trust this guy too much.
Quote:

Bob Ballou
Sports Director, KEYE-TV
(512) 490-2172
bballou@keyetv.com
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #16
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

This is great news. I'm telling everyone I know.

Non-fans of the Texans should at least be intrigued with seeing the best receiver and defensive end in the league. That alone should keep ratings afloat.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #17
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Notice this guys name " Bob Ballou" wasnt there a tv character named " babbalou" or was that the monkey in Jungle Book?
:
Cat Ballou - a movie with Jane Fonda (who played Cat) and Lee Marvin - played a perfect drunk. Good movie, in its time. Probably still is.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #18
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Hmmmmmmm maybe we should not trust this guy too much.
He's a good guy. I've had email exchanges with him - but he actually has nothing at all to do with this. It's the programming director/programming department that has the hammer. He's in charge of the sports content for the station, but not the programs the station shows.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-07-2009   #19
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Nice - I was thinking about investing in Sling Box so I could get games on my computer.

With a new baby...I can't count on getting to the Tavern or Third Base this year.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #20
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will CBS affiliate KEYE in Austin be carrying Texans this year?

For any of you in Austin like me, you know that we Texans fans are usually stuck going to a sports bar to watch games because the CBS station here would rather play titan games hoping for a chance to ride VY's jock. I just looked at the KEYE schedule for next week for our game against KC, and surprise surprise, Airwolf will be shown instead. That's right...f-ing AIRWOLF. So, any media savvy people here in town happen to know if the Texans will be getting the lions share of TV this year in Austin or is it same old same old? If it is the same old story, I recommend 3rd Base on Mopac and 6th, really nice and they usually have the Texans games on the big screen in the back. Just a suggestion, I'll be there if the games aren't on TV, but really, really hoping that they are. Anybody know more than me on this?

HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read