Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-25-2009   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans on the Clock - NFLN Path to the Draft segment

This is supposed to feature the Texans today @ 5:30PM. At least that's the advertisement I saw them run. So it should be on in about 10 minutes. It should be a little more time and detail then yesterday's "state of the franchise" segment of which there is a thread about. Just wanted to give a heads up.
Old 03-25-2009   #2
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans on the Clock - NFLN Path to the Draft segment

What a nice way to lead up to the show, showing "The Comeback"...

Thanks for the reminder.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry mods, brain fart, thanks for moving to the proper forum.
Old 03-25-2009   #4
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe they have already done this...they had John McClain say that the Texans will probably take Clay Matthews.

www.nfl.com/videos ---> click on Teams ---> then look for the Houston Texans
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Sorry mods, brain fart, thanks for moving to the proper forum.
No problem--I left a redirect so it will get attention in both forums but ultimately live here.
Old 03-25-2009   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down texans on the clock

http://www.nfl.com/videos

are good friend Mcclain was on the clock whats yall think it was a very short video

He said Kubes didint even think about Cutler Matt is his guy

What do yall think about this matthew guy i didnt know we where targeting him
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: texans on the clock

Matthews is in the running for 2nd LB taken after Aaron Curry. He, Maualuga and Cushing were all USC linebackers and its likely one of them with be that 2nd guy. Maualuga is a MLB so that scratches him off our list, Cushing is a 2 down SAM and guys like that aren't worth 15th overall picks, plus Diles was doing pretty well when he went out. Which brings us to Matthews. The Texans will select an OLB with the 15th pick so get over it. Matthews is a better prospect than the other 2 USC LB's because of his versatility. He can play all 3 LB spots and is a better sheer athlete than the other 2 SC LBs and possibly even Curry. If Matthews is there at 15 the Texans will take him in a heart beat. I don't think they'll mess with trading down unless they were certain he'd be there where they trade down. If Matthews is the pick then that means the Texans got their guy and I'm happy.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2009   #8
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Matthews is in the running for 2nd LB taken after Aaron Curry. He, Maualuga and Cushing were all USC linebackers and its likely one of them with be that 2nd guy. Maualuga is a MLB so that scratches him off our list, Cushing is a 2 down SAM and guys like that aren't worth 15th overall picks, plus Diles was doing pretty well when he went out. Which brings us to Matthews. The Texans will select an OLB with the 15th pick so get over it. Matthews is a better prospect than the other 2 USC LB's because of his versatility. He can play all 3 LB spots and is a better sheer athlete than the other 2 SC LBs and possibly even Curry. If Matthews is there at 15 the Texans will take him in a heart beat. I don't think they'll mess with trading down unless they were certain he'd be there where they trade down. If Matthews is the pick then that means the Texans got their guy and I'm happy.
I still don't think he's worth #15. I would much rather we trade back into the 20's to take him and if he's gone then we go CB. That's just my opinion though.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I still don't think he's worth #15. I would much rather we trade back into the 20's to take him and if he's gone then we go CB. That's just my opinion though.
Don't forget that Matthews hasn't had is pro day yet. I don't think there's any chance the Texans could get him after trading down. They'll need to pull the trigger at 15 if they want them - and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he went before we pick.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the hype, the hype is there and it's not calming down.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i think if he goes before #15 we will trade down

either way i think we are trading down no matter what happens
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #11
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i think if he goes before #15 we will trade down

either way i think we are trading down no matter what happens
That's kind of what I've been wanting. We need some serious depth across the board and this would be a good draft to address that in. In my perfect scenario we take Jenkins at #15, but if he's gone we trade back and pick up an extra 3rd.

With a 1st, 2nd, two 3rd's, & two 4th's we could do some real damage in the draft, especially on defense.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
What do yall think about this matthew guy i didnt know we where targeting him
Well, McCLAIN has been targetting him for a long time.

I'm not exactly sure that the Texans are.

But... damn... haven't we already talked about Matthews vs. Cushing vs. everyone else and whether we need a LB and whether there's value at LB this early in the draft to the point where everyone is projectile vomiting, yet?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

I started this thread about it:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59974

But due to the harsh hail storm Austin just got hit with I haven't had time to post my thoughts.
Old 03-25-2009   #14
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well, McCLAIN has been targetting him for a long time.

I'm not exactly sure that the Texans are.

But... damn... haven't we already talked about Matthews vs. Cushing vs. everyone else and whether we need a LB and whether there's value at LB this early in the draft to the point where everyone is projectile vomiting, yet?
I'm sorry I confused this place for a Texans message board my bad
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sorry I confused this place for a Texans message board my bad
I do not comprehend your response.

I think we're having a failure of communication.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I do not comprehend your response.

I think we're having a failure of communication.
Maybe he didn't see all the discussions that were had and just because you are fed up with them and ready to go off about it, he didn't feel it necessary to be exploded on since he was just discussing the team and the subject at hand.
Old 03-25-2009   #17
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Maybe he didn't see all the discussions that were had and just because you are fed up with them and ready to go off about it, he didn't feel it necessary to be exploded on since he was just discussing the team and the subject at hand.
I've never understood the frustration over certain conversations on a message board. If I don't want to read or talk about something, I just won't visit the thread. If the first couple posts mention a subject I'm not interested in, I'll ignore the thread. Oh well.

Personally, I would love Matthews. I think a LB with his upside could do wonders for our defense. But, I am also perfectly fine with trading down. I definitely have confidence in our FO.
Old 03-25-2009   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I've never understood the frustration over certain conversations on a message board. If I don't want to read or talk about something, I just won't visit the thread. If the first couple posts mention a subject I'm not interested in, I'll ignore the thread. Oh well.

Personally, I would love Matthews. I think a LB with his upside could do wonders for our defense. But, I am also perfectly fine with trading down. I definitely have confidence in our FO.
It doesn't bother me either but Pencil Neck has a point.

This exact story has already been linked up in the draft section and we've already had a whole conversation about it.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
It doesn't bother me either but Pencil Neck has a point.

This exact story has already been linked up in the draft section and we've already had a whole conversation about it.
Maybe so, Pencil Neck is good contributor here, we all have our bad days maybe he was just venting.
Old 03-25-2009   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...Which brings us to Matthews. The Texans will select an OLB with the 15th pick so get over it. Matthews is a better prospect than the other 2 USC LB's because of his versatility. He can play all 3 LB spots and is a better sheer athlete than the other 2 SC LBs and possibly even Curry. If Matthews is there at 15 the Texans will take him in a heart beat.
Who will the Texans select with their other 7 picks? I'd like to "get over it" as soon as possible. Maybe play a little golf that weekend?

Now Clay the Trey is possibly better than Curry? By draft day, McClain will have the Texans trading up to the Lions using Mario in order to secure this once in a lifetime talent. I haven't seen this much hype regarding a Trojan coming to Houston since '06, when a USC running back was a lock to be selected by the Texans. What was his name?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read