Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

J.J. Moses, get well soon, PLEASE!

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Good GAWD Almighty! There's that saying, "You don't miss it until you lose it!"

Watching Aaron Glenn and Jabar Gaffney out there trying to field punts scared me to death. It made me realize how valuable J.J. Moses is to this team. I don't care if Moses EVER runs one back for a TD. The confidence in Moses always catching the punt and getting good return yardage is immeasurable.

Get well soon, J.J!

Ditto... but I thought Hollings was ready to go - was he never back there to try a run back? Not that I recall.. and nothing against the other guys, but DANG.. how many kicks must roll and drops happen.... yikes.

Missin' ya Moses.

no i heard he was injured coming into it.. i didnt see him on special teams.. but if he was playing on ST then yah I dunno why he didnt get some return duties.

He injured himself putting on his uniform. LOL JJ sure isn't very important is he.....Not.

Man,it was sad looking at Jabar and Aaron return kicks...they didn't wanna TOUCH the ball in the 2nd half. GET WELL JJ!!! WE NEED YOU NEXT WEEK!!

This week gave us a real good look at how consistent J.J. Moses has been for the Texans. He may not seem like that important a player most of the time, but if the game were closer today, not having him in there would probably have lost the game for them. They need him back for next week.

Marcus said:
Good GAWD Almighty! There's that saying, "You don't miss it until you lose it!"

Watching Aaron Glenn and Jabar Gaffney out there trying to field punts scared me to death. It made me realize how valuable J.J. Moses is to this team. I don't care if Moses EVER runs one back for a TD. The confidence in Moses always catching the punt and getting good return yardage is immeasurable.

Get well soon, J.J!

Bless their little hearts, I know they tried, but JJ WE NEEDDDDDDDDD YOUUUUUUU~!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if anything was wrong. The radio broadcast was implying that we were looking at other guys because JJ's "writing is on the wall" for next year, and we wanted to evaluate some of our current guys.

I too found myself longing for JJ today but I'll stick by my belief that if the best thing about JJ is that he doesn't fumble, then we're setting the bar too low ....

:hairpull:

Vinny said:
I'm not sure if anything was wrong. The radio broadcast was implying that we were looking at other guys because JJ's "writing is on the wall" for next year, and we wanted to evaluate some of our current guys.

Vinny, i thought JJ took a hit during the Bears game and was hurt...Thats why they said they were playing gaffney or glenn it might have been towards the end of the bears game....But thats the last i heard about it...

I don't think he's sick/injured. They seemed to want to re-activate Derick Armstrong (and rightly so - he should have never been deactivated) without sacrificing Matt Murphy.

I hope the coaches have learned their lesson. If they haven't, they just need to watch tape from today as well as our first season with the previous #84 to see why JJ should be our guy.

Was he even dressed for the game? why wasnt he on the injury report. this screwed me over for fantasy. i was going for lowest scoring week and i used him since all players need to play to count. He just returned punts so i was ok but i guess i dont win $160 anymore

ledzeppelin269 said:
JJ's job looks pretty safe at this point, unless they draft/sign someone in the offseason.

considering the texans have spent draft picks in the last 2 drafts one guys to challenge for the return spot I really don't think he is safe. Remember in this past summer the texans had open auditions for the job which i expect again.

Yes, we saw that he has good hands and makes better decisions than one else back there but in the bigger scheme of the NFL he is just another returner, a guy with no special skills.

JJ was injured last week I think. Ankle I believe. Didn't realise it was enough to keep him out this week. I think the held him out of practise this last week also. Hope he is ready to go for the game next Sunday.

I thought his ankle was injured, also. But I do find it curious that he wasn't even on the injury report.

In one of the articles from last week they mentioned they expected him to practice some on Wednesday, but no mention after that. Like someone said, he wasn't on the injury report. That could be because they didn't expect to suit him up at all, wanted to try somebody else. Or perhaps there are rules about who they do or don't have to declare as injured.

What I'd like to know is, they've tried other guys at his position during games. Now, how about trying him at one of their positions? Just give him a shot to catch the ball. Yeah, he can't out-jump anybody, but can he out-juke them? Dante does it all the time, and I live in Dante country. Some of our receivers are only getting one or two catches a game anyway.

rdbrem said:
What I'd like to know is, they've tried other guys at his position during games. Now, how about trying him at one of their positions? Just give him a shot to catch the ball. Yeah, he can't out-jump anybody, but can he out-juke them? Dante does it all the time, and I live in Dante country. Some of our receivers are only getting one or two catches a game anyway.

Odds are against him, but I would at least like to see them try JJ at WR. At least that way we know he can't contribute except on ST.

Back