J.J. Moses, get well soon, PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Marcus, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Good GAWD Almighty! There's that saying, "You don't miss it until you lose it!"

Watching Aaron Glenn and Jabar Gaffney out there trying to field punts scared me to death. It made me realize how valuable J.J. Moses is to this team. I don't care if Moses EVER runs one back for a TD. The confidence in Moses always catching the punt and getting good return yardage is immeasurable.

Get well soon, J.J!

2. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

ill second that.. poor Glenn hehe.. I felt bad for the guy.

3. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Ditto... but I thought Hollings was ready to go - was he never back there to try a run back? Not that I recall.. and nothing against the other guys, but DANG.. how many kicks must roll and drops happen.... yikes.

Missin' ya Moses.

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Hollings was injured again I beleive.

5. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

did he get injured during the game because i saw him on special teams?

6. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

no i heard he was injured coming into it.. i didnt see him on special teams.. but if he was playing on ST then yah I dunno why he didnt get some return duties.

7. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

He injured himself putting on his uniform. LOL JJ sure isn't very important is he.....Not.

8. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Man,it was sad looking at Jabar and Aaron return kicks...they didn't wanna TOUCH the ball in the 2nd half. GET WELL JJ!!! WE NEED YOU NEXT WEEK!!

9. Harry Biped

Harry Biped Rookie

This week gave us a real good look at how consistent J.J. Moses has been for the Texans. He may not seem like that important a player most of the time, but if the game were closer today, not having him in there would probably have lost the game for them. They need him back for next week.

10. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

Bless their little hearts, I know they tried, but JJ WE NEEDDDDDDDDD YOUUUUUUU~!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

I never heard what is wrong with JJ?

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I'm not sure if anything was wrong. The radio broadcast was implying that we were looking at other guys because JJ's "writing is on the wall" for next year, and we wanted to evaluate some of our current guys.

13. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

JJ's job looks pretty safe at this point, unless they draft/sign someone in the offseason.

14. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

I too found myself longing for JJ today but I'll stick by my belief that if the best thing about JJ is that he doesn't fumble, then we're setting the bar too low ....

:hairpull:

15. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

Vinny, i thought JJ took a hit during the Bears game and was hurt...Thats why they said they were playing gaffney or glenn it might have been towards the end of the bears game....But thats the last i heard about it...

16. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I don't think he's sick/injured. They seemed to want to re-activate Derick Armstrong (and rightly so - he should have never been deactivated) without sacrificing Matt Murphy.

I hope the coaches have learned their lesson. If they haven't, they just need to watch tape from today as well as our first season with the previous #84 to see why JJ should be our guy.

17. HELPME

HELPME Rookie

Was he even dressed for the game? why wasnt he on the injury report. this screwed me over for fantasy. i was going for lowest scoring week and i used him since all players need to play to count. He just returned punts so i was ok but i guess i dont win $160 anymore

18. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

considering the texans have spent draft picks in the last 2 drafts one guys to challenge for the return spot I really don't think he is safe. Remember in this past summer the texans had open auditions for the job which i expect again.

Yes, we saw that he has good hands and makes better decisions than one else back there but in the bigger scheme of the NFL he is just another returner, a guy with no special skills.

19. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Hell, even if JJ is injured the Texans should put him in and let him fair-catch the ball.

20. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

JJ was injured last week I think. Ankle I believe. Didn't realise it was enough to keep him out this week. I think the held him out of practise this last week also. Hope he is ready to go for the game next Sunday.