Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2008   #21
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Tacks..........

* Please note that I normally dont wish injury on a player but Haynesworth is a low class individual who has earned it.

He's come a long way since the Garude incident. No one, and I mean no one was angrier with him than me. Since then he has not only shown maturation, but he's become a genuine leader for the team.

So aside from the Schaub hit that IIRC was legal, what else makes him a lowlife? You know him personally?

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It kills me to say this but right now, the Titans are probably the cream of the division. They're the team to beat until Indy gets its o-line issues worked out.
Agree. They're strong in all 3 phases of the game. Their offense has a negative with the passing game, but their running game is more than enough.. (especially since our Defense can't stop a cold).
Old 09-16-2008   #23
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haynesworth vs. Myers is going to be something to watch.

Chris Johnson in the open field scares me, too.

We're going to have to play hard and smart to win this one. I think it's a winnable game but it's going to be hard.

It kills me to say this but right now, the Titans are probably the cream of the division. They're the team to beat until Indy gets its o-line issues worked out.
HAHAH we will see intill Tex TItans and Jags

Sweep the COlts in the RS IMO COlts are still king but that could all change this year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our defense, as a unit, is the worst it's EVER been.

Maybe that's an overstatement...but still, this is not a unit that looks good at all.

Anybody not named Mario or DeMeco is practically losing their individual battles on the field. Wouldn't it be fair to say that? Who else, on this defense, is going to match up OK with the guy lined up against them? Clock is ticking...but be rational in your reasoning (if you list someone else).
Old 09-16-2008   #25
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think our defense, as a unit, is the worst it's EVER been.

Maybe that's an overstatement...but still, this is not a unit that looks good at all.

Anybody not named Mario or DeMeco is practically losing their individual battles on the field. Wouldn't it be fair to say that? Who else, on this defense, is going to match up OK with the guy lined up against them? Clock is ticking...but be rational in your reasoning (if you list someone else).
vs. pittsburgh, players that won individual battles:

Okoye
Reeves
Mario

losers:
Safeties
Greenwood
TJ
Bennett
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #26
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
So aside from the Schaub hit that IIRC was legal, what else makes him a lowlife? You know him personally?
This one?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
vs. pittsburgh, players that won individual
battles:
Okoye
Reeves
Mario

wash: Okoye (I saw Okoye win some, but also lose some)

losers:
Safeties
Greenwood
TJ
Bennett
Pretty much how I saw it with my change being Okoye...
Old 09-16-2008   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
This one?

Perfect "form tackle." IMO.

Doesn't get any more textbook than that. Well, maybe his head needs to be in Schaub's chest a little more.
Old 09-16-2008   #29
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This one?

Awww, he is giving Schaub a hug. How cute!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Well there was the incident where he kicked his own teamate in practice during camp and then the slamming of MJD where he was fined...
Old 09-16-2008   #31
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

This won't be our gameday thread will it?
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #32
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

my biggest concern will be containment on the outside. that will decide the game.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #33
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This one?

Dang.

All this talk about Schaub being fragile yadayadayada....

I don't know of anyone that would not be injured with 350 lbs of Fat Albert being dropped on them.

With the placement of that helmet I can see why he injured his shoulder. If he would have caught him straight in the chest we could have been looking at a cracked sternum.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #34
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been accused of many things on this board....

But an Albert apologist? Never. On the TOMB I skewered him after the Garude incident. I didn't want him back. I still can barely tolerate him and am fine with him leaving for a $40M signing bonus this off-season that some sucker is going to spend. In the meantime yeah, what can I do? He's on my favourite team and I want my team to win the Super Bowl, so on this one, I'll crawl into the mud and live with it....until January/Feb.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #35
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

But an Albert apologist? Never. On the TOMB I skewered him after the Garude incident. I didn't want him back. I still can barely tolerate him and am fine with him leaving for a $40M signing bonus this off-season that some sucker is going to spend. In the meantime yeah, what can I do? He's on my favourite team and I want my team to win the Super Bowl, so on this one, I'll crawl into the mud and live with it....until January/Feb.
Odd, I hadn't realized you were the enemy.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

Dude, you've been in Canada waaaaaay too long...

Quote:
Odd, I hadn't realized you were the enemy.
Lurk around the TOMB or GoTitans.com. You'll see him as Toronto Titan. But, he is an Astros fan...
Old 09-16-2008   #37
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, Hey, Haynesworth it's Fat Albert!

Last edited by Seņor Stan; 09-16-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #38
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

It's no doubt that the Titans are a physical team. However, I can see AJ, Walter & OD having a big day against them. Run a two TE set and keep Vonta close to Schaub and it could be a win. I don't think the Tacks are any more talented than we are. They have Haynesworth. We've got Mario. I see them as about equal talent wise. I expect a Texans upset. Stay tight in man coverage on their WR's. Stack 8 in the box.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #39
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancerdog View Post
It's no doubt that the Titans are a physical team. However, I can see AJ, Walter & OD having a big day against them. Run a two TE set and keep Vonta close to Schaub and it could be a win. I don't think the Tacks are any more talented than we are. They have Haynesworth. We've got Mario. I see them as about equal talent wise. I expect a Texans upset. Stay tight in man coverage on their WR's. Stack 8 in the box.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #40
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well there was the incident where he kicked his own teamate in practice during camp and then the slamming of MJD where he was fined...
The MJD thing was a BS witch hunt but the other incident is accurate. Justin Hartwig was the guy he stomped in practice BTW.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read