Texans vs Tacks..........

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hook'er, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Hook'er

Hook'er Veteran

Do you think we stand a chance in this game. I sure hope Schaub has a good game, if not people are going to start calling for Sage.

2. KEYE SUX

KEYE SUX Veteran

Well they will have their better QB in. Haynesworth will prob play so that's not good. With Kerry Collins at the helm they jumped all over us at home. We came back huge but unfortunately left 34 seconds on the clock

3. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

wow idk man if we stand a chance.

Titans look like the much better team honestly...not only that we'll be on the road for awhile...and the players may not have their minds on the game...

I hope we'll win, it would be very uplifting and personally would make the week a little better with all that has happened.

4. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I thought we had a much better chance with Me-Y as the QB.

5. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

We usually play the Titans pretty close. It's not impossible. I'm hoping for pressure from the D-line and something that resembles a running game.

6. KEYE SUX

KEYE SUX Veteran

I change my mind. We should KILL them since we are coming off a bye week, right?

7. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yeah, like that's gonna help.

At least you Austinites will actually get to see it.

8. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

there are far to many variables going into this game to predict, most of which are negative for the Texans though. The only way this game is won is if the Texans get some sort of mental "just win one for the Gipper" sort of attitude. Otherwise, we start the season 0-2.

But, here's to a 1-1 start for our season! :fans:

9. GP

GP Go Texans!

I don't care if our QB is Billy Joe Tolliver as long as we win.

Schaub looked slow and hesitant in his first game, something he avoided until game 3 or 4 of last season.

Everybody said he'd be better after having a year under his belt, that he would be better conditioned.

I know it's one game, but he's already showing jittery nerves and bad decision-making. And if anybody wants to gripe and say "Well, we don't have a run game to help him out..." then I say "Well, our coach doesn't think a high-profile HEALTHY running back is a priority right now."

This team is s-c-r-e-w-e-d until Kubiak swallows his pride and abandons the "I can get an unknown diamond-in-the-rough running back and do just fine" mentality. Our lack of a running game is hurting our QB right now. The two positions are tied to each other, IMO, in terms of the success of each.

10. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Once we got well behind, Schaub tried to force some rediculous passes. In a way, I don't really blame him for trying to force things, under the circumstances--although those were really boneheaded plays.

I don't think Rosenfels would have done any better overall, but, heck, they're like twins anyway. Flip a coin. My guess is Rosenfels would've had one more pick than Schaub, but had more positive yardage. I don't really care who starts. I just want to say that I wouldn't blame any QB for those mistakes considering how most of the rest of the team was playing. When your D allows 38 freaking points and you can't run the ball, you feel a lot of pressure to force scoring.

Fact is, we can't run on Pitt's D, we can't stop their run, and we have never had any answer at all to their blitz packages. They are our boogeyman.

11. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

The Tacks are honestly the last team i'd like the Texans to play after that opening day nightmare and the Hurricane Ike mess.

Their defense is way too physical for our offense at this point in the season. KVB and Haynesworth should have a field day against our OL as always (unless we can land a well placed cut block on Haynesworth*). This is a big game for Schaub since he was knocked out of both Tacks games last year and has yet to prove he can shake off a big hit and continue to play at a high level for the rest of the game.

I have high hopes for Schaub and I have high hopes for our squad so here's to the Texans pulling one out of their asses this weekend!!! :chickendance:

* Please note that I normally dont wish injury on a player but Haynesworth is a low class individual who has earned it.

12. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 All Pro

All you guys have to do to beat us is stop the run, that's easier said than done but that's basically it. Collins hasn't led a team with his arm to a win in who knows how many years. It will be a ball control game by both sides, I don't expect many big plays by either team. It will be hard-nosed football.... the Titans bread and butter. Get ready for a physical contest that really could go either way. Forget the line, forget the records. I really feel like this is getting into the rivalry of the Jags/Colts caliber for the Titans (we didn't much care about you guys before last season, hate to say it but its true.) As allstars said, this should be a close game.

Good luck and I hope everyone made it out of Ike alright.

SeƱor Stan likes this.
  13. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 All Pro

Good point I had forgotten about Schaub. Honestly, Schwartz and Fisher do such a bad job adjusting to a new QB mid-game that it may actually benefit you guys if Sage had to come in.

14. leebigeztx

leebigeztx Hall of Fame

This is the one one time I'm rooting against the texans, but I would be happy if they won also. As well as the titans has looked, its a game the texans can win. Kubes has the team going right and as I've said before, just do denver.Pass to set up the run later. Pass on 1st down a lot with short,quick passes to set up 3rd and 3 or 4. Running the ball between Haynesworth and Brown is a lost cause. They can run at kearse, but they're fast to the edges. The texans should stack the box and run blitz with press coverage outside. If they can get up by 10, they can alter the titans game plan to run 40 times. I think its going to be a good game.

Back to "do denver", I just think the texans should get 50 yds a piece from 2 backs and 20-30 from the other. I don't know what walker has did not to earn a spot in the backfield. All he does is run effectively, block, and catch passes. I wouuld start him over a rookie who might get my qb killed. Denver has been effective running without the"franchise" back this season, why can't the texans and why are fans so possessed with that guy who might last 5 yrs or less anyway.

Bipolar The Titan likes this.
  15. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

We always play are divison games tough

we coming off a bye we are rested

and titans beat Cincy big woop

now its a divison game ITS GUT CHECK TIME !!!!!!!!

16. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

im ready to see that steelers texans gameday thread fade into oblivion. bring on the tacks!

17. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

We not only have a chance but we will win!

18. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow Work'n da grill

Schaub needs to keep himself off the turf and not just when it comes to sacks. He sits like a deer in headlights getting rid of the ball just before getting crushed. If Haynsworth gets to him early I would be suprised if the Texans score more then 10 points.

Stop our run game and slow the pressure from the D and you might have a chance. I do not think you have the S to contain our run though.

19. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

That whole Haynesworth vs. Meyer thing is kind of scary for me.

20. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Haynesworth vs. Myers is going to be something to watch.

Chris Johnson in the open field scares me, too.

We're going to have to play hard and smart to win this one. I think it's a winnable game but it's going to be hard.

It kills me to say this but right now, the Titans are probably the cream of the division. They're the team to beat until Indy gets its o-line issues worked out.