Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2008   #1
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Somebody wouldn't talk to little Dickie and he has his panties in a wad.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...n_optimis.html

I'm not even going to dignify this drival by using quotes and a fancy link. Did I mention that I do not like the way he covers (or rather doesn't cover) sports in Houston.
Old 08-23-2008   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Yeah, I really hate him now. That article was so stupid. When is his contract with the Chron over?

Edit: Oops, I was talking about this article: http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...t_to_live.html
Old 08-23-2008   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

There is so much to chose from.

I did not want to inflate his ego by responding to him on his blog, so I came over here to blow off some steam. He loves the negative comments, and I refuse to give him the satisfaction.
Old 08-23-2008   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

it's a coin toss as to who is the worst sportswriter...him or McClain.

their reporting has been reduced to selecting a polarizing topic, pasting said topic into their blog, and then let folks write it for them. ridiculous.

the good sportswriters are a thing of the past (TC, BRB, and DGDB&DM being the notable exceptions).
Old 08-23-2008   #5
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Dick wants a big time media job and he's getting more and more frustrated that it's not happening. And it seems that he hasn't been offered a new contract for his radio show on 1560 am. His show wasn't good anyway, and I'm glad to see the station realizing that.

I can't believe how he just rails on Gibbs in his blog. He really is a bitter, petty guy who will bash on someone who won't talk to Dick "why won't ESPN give me a job" Justice. It's obvious he hates the Texans.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 08-23-2008   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yeah, I really hate him now. That article was so stupid. When is his contract with the Chron over?

Edit: Oops, I was talking about this article: http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...t_to_live.html
oh wow

Quote:
Just seven days until Vince's jersey retirement. This blog will be your one-stop shopping for Vince tributes.
Old 08-23-2008   #7
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never read anything the guy has written unless it was posted on TT. But I did read half of each of the first two links, I want my 5 minutes back.

The guy sounds like a little kid crying because they didn't get their lollipop.
Sponsored links
Old 08-23-2008   #8
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 474 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I have never read anything the guy has written unless it was posted on TT. But I did read half of each of the first two links, I want my 5 minutes back.

yeah......dick justice is a world class wacko. Sheesh......he really should move up to Dallas.....and as far as the Mavs being better than the Rockets......??????? Not historically.....

Just a weird fella....i guess he is suppose to be some kind of rabble rouser??? oh yeah, and he also loves Joe Biden.....fruit loop.
Old 08-23-2008   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post

If you thought those articles were out there, try this...

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...here_have.html

I seriously thought the man was drunk when he wrote it. Most Longhorn fans I know were rolling there eyes in embarrassment.
Old 08-23-2008   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoubleeagle View Post
yeah......dick justice is a world class wacko. Sheesh......he really should move up to Dallas.....and as far as the Mavs being better than the Rockets......??????? Not historically.....

Just a weird fella....i guess he is suppose to be some kind of rabble rouser??? oh yeah, and he also loves Joe Biden.....fruit loop.
Not to mention the Rangers being better than the Astros. The Rangers have one, ONE playoff win and I don't mean series win either. That happened 12 years ago. I fell out when I read that one.
Old 08-23-2008   #11
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

I seriously thought the man was drunk when he wrote it. Most Longhorn fans I know were rolling there eyes in embarrassment.
Love for ones school can make people say some crazy things. Not that VY wasn't a great college QB , but that article is a little over the top. I wouldn't mind if every poster on this board listed their favorite college team right next to their age and location.

BTW I will be completely impartial next season when I suggest the Texans trade up to the number one pick to grab Crabtree. LOL.
Old 08-23-2008   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Somebody wouldn't talk to little Dickie and he has his panties in a wad.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...n_optimis.html

I'm not even going to dignify this drival by using quotes and a fancy link. Did I mention that I do not like the way he covers (or rather doesn't cover) sports in Houston.
Dickie ends his Chronicle piece with

Quote:
As for everything else, let me get back to you.
How 'bout DON'T CALL US, WE'LL CALL YOU..........oh yea, and please hold your breath.
Old 08-23-2008   #13
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

His writing reminds me of a certain female body part....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
Old 08-23-2008   #14
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

We have a fire alex gibbs thread, a fire Richard smith thread, a cut green thread, a single thread that wants to cut weaver, greenwood, and reeves all at the same time.

Where exactly is Richard Justice differing from general sentiment?
Old 08-23-2008   #15
kozanack
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 kozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famer

The bit about his column being a one-stop-shop for Vince tributes is a way for him to stick a thumb in the eye of those who think Mario was the correct draft choice. Justice is still bitter the Texans for selected Mario over Vince.

I have heard parts of his radio show twice during the offseason. Once he was said that, based upon what everyone knew at the time, Vince was the only choice. In other words, The Texans are idiots no matter how everything turns out. The second time he said something to the effect of, "call me when Mario makes a sack when it matters."

Successful radio hosts generally don't make it a point of alienating their audience
Old 08-23-2008   #16
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozanack View Post
The bit about his column being a one-stop-shop for Vince tributes is a way for him to stick a thumb in the eye of those who think Mario was the correct draft choice. Justice is still bitter the Texans for selected Mario over Vince.

I have heard parts of his radio show twice during the offseason. Once he was said that, based upon what everyone knew at the time, Vince was the only choice. In other words, The Texans are idiots no matter how everything turns out. The second time he said something to the effect of, "call me when Mario makes a sack when it matters."

Successful radio hosts generally don't make it a point of alienating their audience
Ha, I love it. Your first post bashes little Richie Justice. I just gotta know, did you join just to pile on?

Welcome aboard.
Old 08-23-2008   #17
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys own us, but then so do the Rangers and Mavericks.

How did he get employed as a Houston sports writer? He obviously not a fan of Houston sports team and it showed with that comment. You guys should email the editor and tell him to fire his ass.
Old 08-23-2008   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

LMFAO......did you catch one of the responses to his article, it had to be a Titans fan...

First..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Justice
Vince Young did things on a football field that made grown men cry.
Then the classic response...

Quote:
Vince Young is making grown men cry over here in Nashville too.
LOL...this was after a couple of his absolute stinkers this preseason.
Old 08-24-2008   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyways, while we're on the topic...

The Sports writers in Houston absolutely stink (and I thought that even before these articles), I mean this is the 4th largest city in America and we have lesser talent writing our sports section than Podunk cowtown Texas does.......and trust me I've lived in those towns, so I know. Honestly I haven't bought a Chronicle in probably 7 years.

I even had to lived in Dallas and even though I hated living there I must say, Their sports coverage and writers makes Richard Justice and John McClain look like hungover interns going on a monday morning donut run.

I do believe John McClain was good at one time, because I've heard from quite a few posters on here, that he used to be talented and motivated........now I think he really just doesn't give a damn or the effort that he used to. He's just old and lazy now, the fire is gone and he'll continue to just pump out the same crap he always does until the Chron finally pushes him out the door.......but that will never happen....He's "the general". He cares more about his videos with Anna Meagan than he does about writing quality stuff.

Richard Justice on the other hand (and I hope he reads this) has always been a subpar writer, I'll give him his due.....he's a (or used to be) good baseball writer, but the guy has always been out of his element when writing about other sports.....he simply doesn't know what he's talking about. The guy should've just stuck to baseball, but every time he puts his pen to the pad about football or basketball he just shows his ignorance.

Richard Justice and John McClain should get on their knees everynight before they go to bed and thank god that there isn't another large newspaper in this city to compete with, because if there was.....most likely both would be out of work.
Old 08-24-2008   #20
El cabezon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 El cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVP

If some of you guys hate the Justice Thread....please for the love of god DON'T READ IT, if you guys think justice and Mclaine suck it's your opinion and I'll take it as your opinion, we don't need to read post after post as to how much you hate it and how terrible Mclaine and Justice are.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read